Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Cordo
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Dec 2012, 11:28 pm

I've read that people on the Autism Spectrum, regardless of their apparent lack of emotion, can be empathic. Is this true? I can't help but feel that I, in some way, am empathic. Not to the point of considering myself superhuman by any means.

Ps. I post this in this section of the forum because my emapthy is really starting to hurt so I'm considering it a condition.

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 12:58 am

I don't think this should be posted here at all because even if it is a problem it has nothing to do with a non-autistic psychological condition.

I think you are thinking about psychic empathy but I don't think an Aspie is any more likely to have that than a NT (if it exists at all). I have heard that people with Asperger's are more empathetic in a neuroligical sense. Some of us have a stronger imitative response. It's just a hypersensitivity.

Why did you mention a spirit animal in the title?

Cordo
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Dec 2012, 1:15 pm

It's a reference to Deanna Troy. As I mentioned in my original post, I'm not discussing empathy in terms of special powers, I'm just curious as to whether or not there is any evidence there is a neurological sense as you say.