What do you believe makes you unattractive to others?

Page 2 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 6:13 pm

MCalavera wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Ahh bring it on, more delicious negative energy!!

Your thread is more successful than mine, it seems.

You Jedi's are weaklings.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 6:24 pm

-Socially awkward;
-I ramble on about special interests, which annoys people;
-Too honest;
-Strange or they say "unique" :roll: ;
-Difficulty hearing in overly noisy places because of sensory issues (people get fed-up quickly);
-Being overly sensitive to most stuff--makes it a burden on others;
-Not caring about what I wear (women care about this the most--men don't seem to care);
-Have little to no interest about things that MOST people seem to.

I think just being 'weird' or 'off' can really make people not want to be friends. Once they know something is up, most of the time they stop treating you the same way. Seems like they respect me less after they learn.

Boo is soaking this up!

meems
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 6:37 pm

If someone finds me unattractive I tend to see that as the equivalent to me not thinking someone is attractive. It could be anything, I might not even know how to explain it but I don't owe answers and no one owes me answers.

However, if I'm being a creep or an as*hole, my friends will tell me. So it's not like I don't care if I'm being repulsive but... why should any of us care why random people aren't attracted to us? Forget those people and move along, I saaaay.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 3:50 am

When I am the only one eating cake! Image

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 4:19 am

Physically:

- Lack of clothing fashion sense
- Inability to apply make-up (and therefore wear very little)
- Inability to do anything with my hair (and therefore have only basic, underwhelming styles)
- Probably look too young for men my age

Personality:

- Too blunt
- Too rational
- Too quiet
- Too socially awkard

Something like that.

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 5:10 am

yellowtamarin wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has any guy ever actually told you this before? In all of my years I've never once heard a guy say "Nah dude, she wasn't my type, she was too young and youthful looking."

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 6:16 am

meems wrote:
If someone finds me unattractive I tend to see that as the equivalent to me not thinking someone is attractive. It could be anything, I might not even know how to explain it but I don't owe answers and no one owes me answers.

However, if I'm being a creep or an as*hole, my friends will tell me. So it's not like I don't care if I'm being repulsive but... why should any of us care why random people aren't attracted to us? Forget those people and move along, I saaaay.

that was my reaction. plus, looking at this thread or the positive one, the traits that stand out for me are rarely the ones that are identified, so i don't think people really know what makes them attractive or unattractive to other people anyways.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 7:30 am

And I'm feeling crazy enough right now to make a list.

-I live with my mom (which is a deterrent, no matter what the reason)
-I have very little money
-I look like Michael Jackson and Ice-T put together (basically I look like a molester and a hardened thug-turned-actor put together. *sigh*)
-I am partially deaf (people have to repeat themselves a lot, and it pisses them off)
-I am atypical compared to 99% of guys when it comes to what I prefer in a woman
-I have a speech impediment which makes me sound like a "slow" person
-I don't talk much BECAUSE of my speech impediment
-I'm insanely skinny, even at 5'9" and 150 lbs.
-I'm socially awkward to the point where I can talk about the same topic somebody else is and still get dirty looks (mostly because of the aforementioned speech impediment)
-I'm boring, mostly because I don't like to leave the house anymore
-I look way younger than 24 (this isn't a good thing for most women. Makes them feel like cradle robbers)
-I just have way too many health problems in general
-I'm too modest
-I don't have much of a life plan
-I'm depressed a lot
-I have nothing in common with anybody, even my own kind

I'm sure there's more, but I think that's it for now.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 11:02 am

Shau wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:

Has any guy ever actually told you this before? In all of my years I've never once heard a guy say "Nah dude, she wasn't my type, she was too young and youthful looking."

ive had this before. Though by tooyoung i mean she looked 14 at best.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 12:06 pm

This thread perfectly illustrates why a lot of people here are having so much trouble. Negativity and insecurity are easily the most unattractive traits anybody could have.

As soon as I started becoming more confident with myself, my luck turned around. It can happen for all of you too if you let it.

Last edited by Geekonychus on 05 Feb 2013, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philosoraptor
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Feb 2013, 12:11 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
This thread perfectly illustrates why you're all having so much trouble. Negativity and insecurity are easily the most unattractive traits anybody could have.

As soon as I started becoming more confident with myself, my luck turned around. It can happen for all of you too if you let it.

I also posted in the "what makes you attractive" thread. I believe denial and narcissism are just as bad as negativity and insecurity. Each person consists of positive and negative traits and behaviors, no?

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 1:09 pm

Philosoraptor wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:
This thread perfectly illustrates why you're all having so much trouble. Negativity and insecurity are easily the most unattractive traits anybody could have.

I also posted in the "what makes you attractive" thread. I believe denial and narcissism are just as bad as negativity and insecurity. Each person consists of positive and negative traits and behaviors, no?

If that's the case, then good. Very Good, infact.

The thing is, Denial and narcissim are hardly as big a problem on this forum. There are plenty of threads like this one and few like the one you mentioned.

Not quite sure what's narcissistic about having a high opinion of one's self. I know that not everyone can be as perfect as I am but I don't see why that means they can't like themselves for who they are.......

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 3:07 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
This thread perfectly illustrates why a lot of people here are having so much trouble. Negativity and insecurity are easily the most unattractive traits anybody could have.

I got news for you, it doesn't matter how insecure or negative you are. :wink:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 3:29 pm

DialAForAwesome wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:

I got news for you, it doesn't matter how insecure or negative you are. :wink:

Spot on, I know people who are way insecure yet are in relationships, um... especially of the opposite gender.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 12:00 am

Shau wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:

Well, maybe unattractive is the wrong word, but I think men my age and older would not be attracted to me all that often because I just wouldn't be on their radar. A 35 year old man thinking I'm 22 probably wouldn't consider me.

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Feb 2013, 12:25 am

My reserved personality,my weirdness and unwillingness to do any kind of small talk or play any expected social games.