Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Johnq
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Mar 2013, 12:57 pm

Anyone here trying to quit smoking? Man, I have been smoking pipe tobacco, dip, cigarettes, and little cigars the past 6 months.

I quit for 2 years then after all the stress and pain with my neuropathy in my elbows/hands (yes, it was hard to smoke with no use of my hands!) I started again.

Nicotine gives me heartburn so bad too. I have 4mg of the gum, but I just love smoking. Grrrr I want to hate it again. Maybe I need accountability?

alec_eiffel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Mar 2013, 2:19 pm

I have an electronic cigarette and it has helped me cut out real smoking altogether. It produces flavored vapor with nicotine. I get chocolate, vanilla, and mocha cartridges. Although it doesn't do anything to curb your nicotine cravings, it's got to be better than breathing smoke. I would definitely recommend it.

16 Mar 2013, 6:30 am

I quit smoking cold turkey. It was tough because there was a sudden change in my weight and I experienced withdrawal symptoms as well. However, I was really determine to kick the habit out of my system and I was fortunate to do it. Some of my friends use e-cig as alternative to real cigarettes.