Why do women care so much about a mans height?

Page 15 of 16 [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 9:58 am

Why yes there is.......

Oops, wrong one. Here it is.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science ... finds.html

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 10:02 am

^ Isn't that an article about meteor showers? 8O

Sometime World wrote:
I think guys around my height (5'8 > 5'10) or slightly less should try Cowboy Boots. They might help you a bit to feel better than wearing flats.

That's exactly the attitude though - why should short dudes feel badly about being short, and try anything to look taller? Because being shorter is inherently bad, they should dislike it, and want to be taller? What's wrong with just being a short dude?
I wonder how this attitude would view short dudes who actually like being short dudes.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 10:07 am

C2V wrote:
^ Isn't that an article about meteor showers? 8O
Sometime World wrote:
I think guys around my height (5'8 > 5'10) or slightly less should try Cowboy Boots. They might help you a bit to feel better than wearing flats.

That's exactly the attitude though - why should short dudes feel badly about being short, and try anything to look taller? Because being shorter is inherently bad, they should dislike it, and want to be taller? What's wrong with just being a short dude?
I wonder how this attitude would view short dudes who actually like being short dudes.

I found the right article and replaced the meteor shower stuff. :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 10:47 am

At 5' 2" I'm one of the shorter guys here, but I have a prestigious college degree, paid for house, good job, and a pretty good retirement portfolio. So, while there is a correlation between height and success, it isn't an absolute rule.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 1:59 pm

Sometime World wrote:
I think people assume short men are weak characters and can't handle themselves? Have you not noticed a large portion of women assume tall men can "kick ass" and handle themselves even if they are spindly?

The female need for tall men has its origins in intra-male conflict and dominance struggles.

Do you hang around with ghetto people? I’ve never once met a woman who said that.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 2:00 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Someone here who returned recently had always accused me of being Napoleon Syndrome (*wink* you know who you are).

Was it me? I don’t remember. :lol: I like you. You’re very likeable. But you deleted me off Facebook so you lose points for that.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 4:25 pm

I simply cleaned up my fb from persons who are insignificant in my life.

/Ouch.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 5:30 pm

BTDT wrote:
At 5' 2" I'm one of the shorter guys here, but I have a prestigious college degree, paid for house, good job, and a pretty good retirement portfolio. So, while there is a correlation between height and success, it isn't an absolute rule.

Women want the whole package. It’s not they only want a guy tall or they want a well off guy. They want it all. They want the Prince Charming, tall, handsome, fit, athletic, good paid job, car and home. Who also likes everything they like.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 5:39 pm

sly279 wrote:
BTDT wrote:

Women want the whole package. It’s not they only want a guy tall or they want a well off guy. They want it all. They want the Prince Charming, tall, handsome, fit, athletic, good paid job, car and home. Who also likes everything they like.

I don't think so, because I've known some girls who date some average-looking guys who are living on welfare checks, and who are shorter than me, and with different tastes than the girl he is dating.

Last edited by ZachGoodwin on 24 Oct 2017, 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 5:43 pm

BTDT wrote:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 2:44 am

ZachGoodwin wrote:
sly279 wrote:
BTDT wrote:

I don't think so, because I've known some girls who date some average-looking guys who are living on welfare checks, and who are shorter than me, and with different tastes than the girl he is dating.

Yes, this is correct. Some people just refuse to see what’s actually there.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Oct 2017, 4:18 am

sly279 wrote:
BTDT wrote:

Nope.
Oh, maybe on dating sites. But the dating sites women are a specific kind. It's a real misfortune that socially inept guys turn there and learn from expiriences with them.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Oct 2017, 4:46 am

ZachGoodwin wrote:

Are those women fat?

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Oct 2017, 4:57 am

Last edited by Sometime World on 25 Oct 2017, 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Oct 2017, 4:58 am

sly279 wrote:
BTDT wrote:

Fortunately for most us, those sort of perfect model guys with white collar jobs that have it all are relatively rare and can only be found in the ocean of free willies, hypergamy & over-selectiveness, which is online dating sites.

Avoid women that only rely on online dating sites or online hook-up culture. They are never satisfied unless they lasso the dream guy you talk of. And remember why does a chick that looks half-decent (i.e. not obese or butch) need to use online dating in the first place? Surely it's because all the men she meets and whom ask her out in her real life just don't fit her unrealistic fantasy image.