I think my hearing is somehow becoming more sensitive..

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2013, 4:56 pm

Really, it'a gotten so bad that I have decided to wear earplugs all through lessons at school, and can hear the teacher just fine. But it's just not enough. It was at first, but now I feel like constantly crying because my ears just hurt so bad from noise, even with earplugs in. It's really affecting my concentration. I cover my ears, with the earplugs in, all lesson now. I need an extra hand so I can write and cover my ears. Is this normal, and is there anything I can do to stop this? I have tried to tell my mum.. like she'd understand. I find school so stressful not because of the work, but just the amount of noise. The projector, the teacher talking, someone sneezing, someone coughing, someone biting their nails, someone tapping, two people chatting and giggling, the whole class then joining in.. it gets gradually louder, and I just want to scream at them all to stop, but I don't want to make a scene, so I just sit and try to ignore it. But I just keep getting worse. What can I do?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

05 Apr 2013, 8:32 pm

I have no idea. My hearing's been going away, actually. I can't even hear someone ten feet away from me. :scratch:

If you have an IEP or 504 you could probably request to go to the library if it's quieter there.