Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

bombergal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Apr 2013, 11:22 pm

And the best jobs for someone with AS are the subject areas we're passionate about...for instance, I wouldn't be caught dead teaching English, science or history. Music, math and French are the areas I want to focus in throughout my career but so far have been teaching music and recently teaching it in French (limited phrases but it's developing).

I couldn't do a regular classroom as there's too many subjects to keep track of and way too much marking. Music class is the way for me, I just have trouble with management mainly.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2013, 5:10 am

If you feel teaching is right for you, great, not trying to discourage you.

But I have to ask, are you currently employed as a school teacher, or is this the job you want when you get done with school?

I caution you, teaching is more than being passionate about a subject. That part is secondary. A lot of aspies have horror stories about trying to teach.

But I guess the music teacher isn't stuck with one class, it's a rotation each day of the different classes, so it's a little easier in that sense.

FreeSpirit2000
Toucan
Toucan

22 Apr 2013, 12:55 am

Here is my opinion, if you enjoy what you are doing, stick with your profession. Because when you do something that you enjoy, you will have fun and feel happy. Getting into education teaches you a whole lot of things. It teaches you to be patient, learning how to work with other people, as well as many other cool things out there, actually speaking. My family works in the educational fields and they are respectable fields. I may think about getting into those professions myself too, if you ask me.