Can having nice eyes be a aspie look?

Page 1 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

alakazaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Apr 2013, 12:47 pm

I know we all look different but I notice many aspies with nice eyes. I don't mean to brag about my eyes. I get comments all the time about my eyes. I even had a girl date me just for my eyes. She said she couldn't stop staring at it. I believe it could be because I am autistic because nobody in my family (6 siblings, mom, and dad) has nice eyes and I am the only that's autistic. Could this feature have to do with autism?

MountainLaurel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 1:02 pm

Not necessarily, eyes in general tend to be beautiful. Of the 20 or so folks I know on the spectrum; three have particularly unattractive eyes. So much so, that for one couple, I have heard this comment a few times; 'I met John and Mary yesterday, they are very sweet, but what's with THE EYES?

I assume that folks on the spectrum have eyes that appear more or less attractive in proportion to the general random population.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 1:53 pm

It depends on what you consider beautiful. In American society they want you to think beautiful means 110% perfect, which is total hogwash. :) In this society everyone's eyes are too small, too bulgy, too squinty, or not the perfect shade of blue. One time my aunt who has brown eyes wore blue contact lenses and false eyelashes and I said she didn't need them her eyes are very pretty the way they are. But that's her choice I guess... I haven't gotten many compliments about my eyes except for this one older lady in the home I lived in durng my early 20's she said they were very bright-looking and believed it was because I was young. I'm 39 now, wonder if my eyes now look dull as dishwater. Lol? :lol: :?

undercaffeinated
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Apr 2013, 1:53 pm

I would guess that it's not so much the eyes themselves as the facial expression. The impression I get from comments here and people I've known is that aspies tend to have a sort of default facial expression that for some aspies makes them appear annoyed all the time, but for others makes them look calm and non-threatening; in the latter case one might appear to have nice eyes because people feel comfortable when they look at them.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 2:27 pm

You mean because our eyes tend to be so much larger than most eyes? They also look at lot like younger kid's eyes rather than adults... Well, at least my own do.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 3:03 pm

My eyes are hazel and green but appear more green at times. I have been told I have nice eyes and also gentle brown eyes. I have been told by one girl that when I stared at her, it was like I was staring into her soul.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 4:38 pm

No. Not only no but also hell no. Especially in a spectrum disorder.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 5:25 pm

I've had total strangers tell me my eyes are beautiful,but I inherited them from my family so my guess is genetics.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 7:56 pm

I'm wary of any stranger who says that I have a nice-looking "anything". They're usually trying to sell me something, or they're trying to distract me from the pick-pocket who's working with them.

There is no evidence to support the claim that having nice-looking eyes is any more of an Aspie trait than an NT trait.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 8:09 pm

On the other hand, looking naïve probably means one gets more of those compliments :)

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 9:56 pm

I never understood that eyes can look nice. They all look the same to me.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 11:25 pm

ShamelessGit wrote:

I can understand this. For 95% of the people I see it feels like this. But for the few out there I can see them as having pretty eyes but more of a having eyes that compliment their looks, in the same way earrings would.

That said I get told I have pretty eyes just about every two days. And I have learned to just take it as a compliment and not an invitation. Things are usually more complicated than they seem.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 1:01 am

ShamelessGit wrote:

I think people like eyes that are usually "mysterious" or bright and catch their attention.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 3:22 am

Can having smooth round balls is an aspie thing?

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 10:16 am

MXH wrote:
ShamelessGit wrote:

I can understand this. For 95% of the people I see it feels like this. But for the few out there I can see them as having pretty eyes but more of a having eyes that compliment their looks, in the same way earrings would.

That said I get told I have pretty eyes just about every two days. And I have learned to just take it as a compliment and not an invitation. Things are usually more complicated than they seem.

When girls tell you that you have nice eyes, you should be like, "Does that mean you want to suck my dick?" It would be funny.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 10:21 am

I think when people mean that eyes look nice or angry or mysterious, they mean that the facial expression taking place around the eyes looks like that. Eyes are just round wet balls and I don't see how they can do anything but expand and contract the iris, which has mostly to do with lighting conditions. Am I wrong? Or are people talking about the color in the eye? Maybe an asymmetric eye would look less attractive. Or maybe everybody is bullshitting themselves and they only think eyes look good when they are in the head of somebody they are attracted to, and it is a thing to be attracted to that is less overtly sexual than some other parts, so they feel less perverted or slu*ty by fooling themselves into thinking that they are attracted to that part rather than boobs or ass.