how many here, will never get married

Page 10 of 13 [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

28 May 2013, 2:15 pm

Knock it off, appletheclown.
You've spent the past few pages noisily defending your personal views on marriage so you're in no position to tell others how to act when they express theirs.
If you want to debate the virtues (or lack of them) of marriage, start a thread in PPR. This one simply asks how many here will never get married.

Ferrus91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 May 2013, 4:47 pm

appletheclown wrote:
If you have a right to believe what you believe, do what you want, and be what you want to be, then don't get married, and don't bash those who do. You should be enjoying your freedoms to have fwb, not trashing something you'll never do.

Would that it were that simple.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

31 May 2013, 9:40 am

meems wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
meems wrote:
My biological parents agreed not to have kids, and then my mother intentionally got pregnant with me, and my dad divorced her. The divorce wasn't the problem, it was a solution to a problem.

Divorce is a solution to a problem. If you stay together "for the kids" you end up resenting the kids, oftentimes. I'm glad my parents began their divorce before I was even born. They did themselves and myself a huge favor.

And they knew each other for nine years before they got married.
Your mother was a pedo from what you said, how was it the solution if your father could have protected you from your mother? You are lying about something. And why would you want to do your mother a favor you said you hated her? You said your mother didn't do you a favor, so why the change of heart? Did your mother actually love you in a motherly way?

You're really dense and you're making assumptions again. My dad did protect me from her, but he didn't know she was a pedophile until years and years after the fact. She didn't get to be around me for very long periods of time until I was a teenager and I decided to live with her because it was a repressed memory by then.

But my dad left her WHILE she was pregnant and then struggled to get custody of me and as a result, I didn't grow up in a house with a pedophile.

You're totally right, divorce saved me from living with a pedophile.

I sure wish my parents had gotten divorced like yours. That would have made my life much better to be able to spend some time away from an abusive parent, or even some time at school.

YoungAtHeart
Raven
Raven

31 May 2013, 10:36 am

DarkRain wrote:
I refuse to get married. I don't want to deal with another person's problems, and I certainly don't want to deal with the problems that come with having kids. I'm single, and very happily so.

I agree with that. I wonder what it would be like if I was in a relationship and I do get lonely sometimes, but I don't want to be in a commitment with someone. I'm just not that way.

I never want to have any kids either.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnimatedSquirrel

shamo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 May 2013, 7:32 pm

PsychoSarah wrote:
I find marriage to be a pointless practice. I can express my affection without some expensive, outdated ritual.

i agree and marriage means your stuck in law , so if it goes bad it will really "hurt" you .
you can think of losing your home etc that is the main reason i don't like and fear marriage (i cant even connect with women)
afraid of loosing everything.

managertina
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2013, 1:27 am

There's lots to lose and lots to gain. My sister's marriage is filled with love. My parents' marriage is filled with love too. I just don't think I will ever meet mr. Right and I do not think I am organized enough to manage a house.

300series
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 3:40 pm

No. When I was 4 years old, I knew that I did not want to get married, and I still feel the same way. I have never met any one that I would even consider spending my life with. My parents divorced, and I am not at all fond of my Dad's current wife.

If I meet a woman, then I hope that she feels the same way as I do, and just wants to be boyfriend & girlfriend, living separate lives, and does not pressure me to marry her.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 9:37 am

Though I do have a boyfriend the likelihood of getting married looks quiet slim. Since moving out of state we're basically running a long distance relationship for the most part. My parents disapprove of him and we've only been together for about 5 months now. I've only had 2 other boyfriends in my entire life and the older I get the less human contact really matters to me. If it doesn't work out then I got plenty of doujinshi sources to collect from (;

CzigBot
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Aug 2017, 4:00 pm

I won't get married unless the laws are made more favorable or I find a workaround that makes it impossible for me to lose any of my money or belongings. I don't want half or more of everything I own taken away just because the woman I married doesn't like me anymore. I'd be especially worried because I want to pick a good house and stay there forever, gradually upgrading it with stuff like an underground bunker, armory, and gun range. I'd hate to lose all of that hard work.

green0star wrote:
If it doesn't work out then I got plenty of doujinshi sources to collect from (;

Now you've got the right idea.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 4:02 pm

Prior to getting married, one has to meet someone to date. That's been my hold up and it doesn't look like that's ever going to change.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 5:25 pm

I would like to but, at 52, I don't think it will happen. I have made a lot of improvements over the past few years, but I don't know if I will ever catch up enough to do all the things I need to do to ever get married.

LaurenLissa

18 Aug 2017, 11:06 pm

I very much doubt that I will every marry. I've only really ever felt strong feelings of friendship toward others, and in the past when I sought romantic relationships, I always ended up walking away because I was a bad match for my partner, given my lack of romantic interest and dedication to just being a good friend. It sounds silly, but I had partners get very upset with me simply because I wasn't jealous at all or would remain too calm when past relationship information got brought up!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 11:38 pm

I'm too hideous to get any women interests even if I wasn't , marriage is economically unfisable , I can't even afford a ring in less a wedding ceremony or church.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 7:06 pm

I've been married. A couple years were pretty rough but we figured it out. But she came down with an incurable disease and passed away. :(

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 7:10 pm

CzigBot wrote:
I won't get married unless the laws are made more favorable or I find a workaround that makes it impossible for me to lose any of my money or belongings. I don't want half or more of everything I own taken away just because the woman I married doesn't like me anymore. I'd be especially worried because I want to pick a good house and stay there forever, gradually upgrading it with stuff like an underground bunker, armory, and gun range. I'd hate to lose all of that hard work.

I'm not a lawyer, but my take on CA divorce law is that a paid up house you own before marriage is yours, and is not community property.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Aug 2017, 7:16 pm

Just insist on a prenuptial agreement.