Page 46 of 93 [ 1480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 93  Next

Abyssalrider
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 May 2016, 9:52 am

i watch a lot of Anime, some it are series that not everyone will know or even like. But i can list all of them.

Fullmetal Alchemist (original and Brotherhood)
Bleach
Naruto
Digimon (all of them)
S.T.R.A.I.N: Strategic Armored Infantry
IS: Infinite Stratos
Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of The East
Deadman Wonderland (really a shame there were only 13 episodes)
Phantom: Requiem for The Phantom
Assassination Classroom
S-Cry-Ed
Vampire Knight
Yu-Gi-Oh (all 4 of the series so far)
Inuyasha
the various Gundam series
Aria: The Scarlet Ammo
Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Cluster Edge
.Hack//Roots
Project ARMS
Sword Art Online
Trinity Blood
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls In a Dungeon?
Mega-Man (NT Warrior and Star Force)
The Mythical Detective Loki
Blue Exorcist
Death Note
Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
Fairy Tail
Afro Samurai

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2016, 7:11 pm

The two current shows that I'm watching now are High School Fleet, a moe-mystery/thriller, and Flying Witch, which I'd call a supernatural slice-of-life comedy.

I also randomly found an old show called Shamanic Princess. It has some really beautiful art, but I find the storytelling a little lacking so far.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2016, 7:59 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
The two current shows that I'm watching now are High School Fleet, a moe-mystery/thriller, and Flying Witch, which I'd call a supernatural slice-of-life comedy.

High School Fleet (Haifuri) has been continuing the likes of moe military, that is cute girls with military things, the guy who researches the military accuracy has even done it on shows like Girls und Panzer, but it has actually done something a little more interesting by creating a mystery. Flying Witch is super relaxed, but it nails the timing and tone, it kind of feels like the characters are people, and it is just a great show to watch.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2016, 9:27 pm

My favorite of the current season is Shounen Maid. Though the only other new anime I have seen is the Girl and Bear anime. That anime is disappointing based on what I was expecting.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2016, 3:45 am

thewrll wrote:
My favorite of the current season is Shounen Maid. Though the only other new anime I have seen is the Girl and Bear anime. That anime is disappointing based on what I was expecting.

Shounen Maid is okay, but there are plenty of other good anime also out. Kind of wonder what you expected of Kuma Miko, I guess it is not as innocent as it might first look and it focuses on the girl being a bumpkin most of the time, I think that it has a nice ED.

My favourite has been decided as Kiznaiver, kind of a great Trigger show, aspects fun like Kill la Kill had.

Space Patrol Luluco is another fairly good show and also done by Trigger, with even more Kill la Kill vibes, even straight out references.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2016, 12:14 pm

I didn't finish Kill La Kill. I didn't hate it, but it didn't fulfill my anime needs at the time.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2016, 6:37 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
thewrll wrote:

Shounen Maid is okay, but there are plenty of other good anime also out. Kind of wonder what you expected of Kuma Miko, I guess it is not as innocent as it might first look and it focuses on the girl being a bumpkin most of the time, I think that it has a nice ED.

My favourite has been decided as Kiznaiver, kind of a great Trigger show, aspects fun like Kill la Kill had.

Space Patrol Luluco is another fairly good show and also done by Trigger, with even more Kill la Kill vibes, even straight out references.

Shounen Maid just makes me happy. From the description of Kuma I expected more challenges. Also I expected at some point for her to be able to go to school in the city. Based off one of the most recent episodes I don't see her ever being able to leave. Also the village is much smaller than I think i've seen in a long time. The show is just not living up to my expectations though it does have very good graphics. I enjoy darker shows, the show just seems all over the place. Also Hibiki Sakata is the extreme of a certain personality type found in anime.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 8:38 am

Are Kanon and AIR good animes?

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 7:14 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
Are Kanon and AIR good animes?

Go back a couple pages or so and you should find a post I made in regards to Clannad, in which I talked a little bit about both Air and Kannon. Specifically you should make sure you are talking about the tv series, Air in 2005, and Kanon 2006, there are some movies or different series, but you might be best to avoid those. I would call Air a bit imperfect, it gets a bit heavy or confusing in places, but I don't think it is overly bad and can be a good place to start with a genre. I consider Kanon on the other hand to be pretty much a masterpiece, it is the perfected version of what was tried with Air and is one of my personal favourite anime.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 8:12 pm

^Great! I'm going to check out Kanon as soon as I can. :)

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 9:41 pm

There's been a sizeable cuteness void in my anime queue, but it has now been filled by Anne Happy.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

24 May 2016, 3:55 pm

This has been a good year for anime; watching Sailor Moon Crystal Season III. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2016, 6:17 pm

I've added Hundred. It's fun! :twisted: :oops:

JTheBoop
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jun 2016, 1:03 pm

Not a big fan of it anymore,
but i used to watch things like Nichijou, Space Dandy and such.
Dunno why, i guess i just love random comedy. :roll:

Professionally diagnosed Aspergers
Ambivert
Obsessed on computers, animation, anthro, MLP, gaming, and such.
Proudly Bi / Pansexual
Boop!

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2016, 6:28 pm

Kanon has become a bit difficult for me to watch since it's so much like Clannad, and I'm hoping that Clannad won't feel like a blatant rip-off because of that.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2016, 12:17 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
Kanon has become a bit difficult for me to watch since it's so much like Clannad, and I'm hoping that Clannad won't feel like a blatant rip-off because of that.

A lot of anime can be pretty similar, but off from Clannad being a ripoff is that they are written by the same company and person, directed by the same person, and animated by the same company. Take differences where they lay, like Yuiichi be pretty sarcastic, while Tomoya largely has his own problems too. They say that Air's theme is Summer, Kanon is Winter, and Clannad's is simply family. There can be similar characteristics, but their characters are different.

I am a little conflicted about maybe recommending another show to watch afterwards, but it would depend on you being able to watch something more mature. There is Grisaia no Kaijutsu (Le Fruit de La Grisaia). It is in the same sort of genre of guy finds himself in the group of a number of girls that each have a problem that he helps them get past, but unlike Kanon and Clannad it is actually darker than the others that use more of the moe appeal. I think that I am recommending it to show how these sorts of shows are similar yet differences should not be ignored.