Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Bubbles137
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 3:42 am

This isn't exactly a thread topic but I need to rant somewhere! I HATE bingeing so much, it makes me feel horrible and worse than before then that leads to more bingeing. I keep trying to distract by doing other things- working, babysitting, running etc but then I 'crash' and it gets worse. Last week, I tried to keep really busy all week but totally burnt out yesterday, had no energy to do anything and my muscles really hurt. Couldn't go out all day and ended up bingeing literally all day, felt so nauseous and dizzy by the evening and felt horrible. Feeling a bit better today but have already binged and I'm trying to work up to going for a walk so I don't waste the whole day again. I have no idea what to do and I hate it. (Have had an eating disorder since I was 13, alternates between AN, BN and EDNOS). I also feel disgusting, I've put on so much weight through bingeing and I really don't want to wear summer clothes. AAAGH!! !! ! Sorry for 'ranty' thread, just feeling horrible atm.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 6:17 pm

If you have the urge to binge and can't escape it, at least make it something mostly harmless. Instead of junk food, try eating fruit or something like snap peas.

Apples take the cravings for sweets away for me... but sometimes I just cant stop myself and almost need to overdo it. On those days, I'll splurge for a whole watermelon, slice it in half and consume it with a spoon! Great for the body, super tasty, and downright fun to do... very satisfying.

And at the end you have a green hat. :P

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 12:36 pm

Just some suggestions. Maybe empty out your kitchen of certain foods and just buy low cal healthier stuff. Heavy on carrots, celery, etc. Maybe have one snack item you like thats not too bad, as a relief valve. Perhaps an ice crusher to make water or juice on ice to cool you down. Take the long view. Nothing happens overnight with these disorders. Make a very modest goal for yourself for starters.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2017, 10:30 pm

ANRED support group
psychologist
some medication reduces appetite
read books about it
diversion

having said that, sometimes i binge too. and paranoid about getting fat. and not much $$ to waste.

some merchandise that i want to binge on. but do not, b/c costs too much. or uptight about gaining weight.

hash browns
peanut butter
chocolate
ice cream
pizza
inari, fried tofu
fried rice
fried chicken
ground beef
jalepino
burrito
enchilada
taco
quesadilla
cheddar
bagel
muffin
icing
cake
granola
eggplant parmesan
scone

currently craving tuna salad, hummus, falafel, Reeses, Twix, clam chowder, beef chili, potato salad

cravings spiraling out of control

this happens several times a day

once i ate about 20 plus falafels within 2 days or something like that
it was delicious

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 7:40 am

It sucks to feel bad about your body.
Maybe you could find an exercise form you like to do, and find joy in? Then if you do end up binging, you don't have to beat yourself up and hate yourself or feel disgusting, because you can just work it all off through something joyful and positive, and move on. They do say every time you don't indulge in a bad habit, it improves your ability to abstain.