Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Cernunnos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2007, 8:28 am

Hi, I'm pretty new to this site, though I've been dipping into various topics for a couple of days now.

Did this a bit back to front - should have said hi in this Forum before getting too immersed.

Love the site - already it's helped me realise there are lots of people out there who share the same challenges in life. I don't feel quite so alone.

I can be a bit blunt, even in posts, so I'll do a general apology now, just in case!

witchy_jocelyn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jan 2007, 9:52 am

Is this like a pagan name?
Welcome, I'm new and glad to be here! WJ

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2007, 11:22 am

witchy_jocelyn wrote:
Is this like a pagan name?

I was wondering that too. Is that Cernnunos in your avatar? Are you into mythology? It's one of my fav. subjects. I like Greek and Egyptian, and am reading about Celtic mythology at the moment.

Welcome to WP :)

Cernunnos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2007, 11:33 am

WJ - Legend near where I live is of Herne the Hunter, who haunts the royal deer parks. That's my avatar. I like the wild and I like this legend & it's connections to other English folklore. It's often thought to be folk memory of an older Celtic tradition of similar figure called Cernunnos - associated with animals & the wild; hence the connection.

Thanks for the welcome and glad you're glad to be here - I am glad to be here too! :)

Cernunnos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2007, 11:50 am

Starr - thanks for your welcome message too! I used to be more into myths and legends when I was younger. Particularly liked the ones in UK / western Europe - King Arthur; Robin Hood; Herne; Norse Mythology. At the time read & found all I could (sadly in the days before internet) - memory's a bit weak on lots of it now though. :)

witchy_jocelyn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jan 2007, 12:14 pm

We love mythology in our family and love to collect. I should confess that my background is pagan, from birth, so I tend to spark on names. I am learning alot here and am helping my stepson indirectly, by putting the bug in some of his educators' ears about the possibility he may also have AS. Two of his teachers have become very excited b/c it helped them understand some of the things going on with him.
Good luck, WJ

TennisFanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jan 2007, 4:44 pm

C00L avatar! :)