Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 8:35 pm

Welcome to Eligible Odd-Bods: UK

Please also see Aspie Affection!

You don't need to hold a doctorate in quantum physics to understand why this thread was established [you are more than welcome to post if you do happen to hold such a qualification ]. Of course, it is committed to assisting High-Functioning Autistic Individuals (AS, PDD, and HFA) and sympathetic Neurotypicals in their search for romantic connection.

Please post a concise description of yourself; showcasing gender, approximate age, geographical location. It would be great if you would describe yourself; your interests, personality type, and physical characteristics, but do not feel pressured into doing so. Be positive about yourself guys! : The ability to identify traits you would value in a prospective partner [boyfriend/girlfriend]is a definite. Respondents are free to respond to your "ad" via the personal messaging "pm" feature offered through the www.wrongplanet.net forum system.

Don't feel perturbed or despondent in the event that you do not receive a response to your submission immediately. If "Mr" or "Ms" Right is looking, you will be discovered! Good Things Take Time

ENSURE YOUR SAFETY - ALWAYS ACT IN ACCORDANCE WITH ANY LAWS GOVERNING INTERNET ACTIVITY THAT MAY APPLY IN YOUR COUNTRY. DO NOT POST PERSONAL INFORMATION; EMAIL AND RESIDENTIAL ADDRESSES, TELEPHONE NUMBERS, BANK OR CREDIT CARD DETAILS ON THIS THREAD.

Good Luck in Love

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 8:51 pm

OK I'll start...

Name: Tom

Sexual orientation: Heterosexual Male

Location: Near Bath/Bristol, Somerset, South West, England, UK

Sports: Preoccupied with Skateboarding

Height: 5 feet 11 inches

Eyes: Blue/green

Build: Slim

Best feature: Stomach

Clothes: Large tees, baggy jeans

Personality: I have occasions where I feel talkative, but much of the time, I keep to myself and need some time away from people to recharge my batteries. I enjoy chilling keeping it mellow and laid back. I would say I've got a good sense of humour and i don't take myself too seriously.

Books: Skateboard magazines

Quote: "what other people think of you is none of your business"

Smoking: No

Drinking: Not really

Ethnicity: Caucasian (White)

Five things i can't live without: Computer, skateboard, bed, food, water

In my bedroom you will find: Bed, TV, clothes, posters, computer

Things or people I don't like: Sometimes can't handle last minute changes, fake/stuck up bitchy type people, other people arguing.

Looking for like-minded, understanding, flexible, nice, laid-back girl with a good sense of humour and doesn't take themselves too seriously.

Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 2:25 am

Name: Sian

Sexual orientation: Heterosexual female

Sports: Figure skating, swimming, trampolining

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Eyes: Green/brown

Build: Overweight

Best feature: People say they are my boobs :oops: but I say my eyes

Clothes: When I'm working black trousers and tops, when I'm not jeans and hoodies

Personality: I tend to be chatty and sociable, but it takes energy

Books: Terry Pratchett, Garth Nix, Susan Cooper, Joseph Delaney, Eoin Colfer, P.D. James, Derek Landy, Clare Morrall, etc

Drinking: Not really

Five things i can't live without: Figure skating, my family, reading, my computer, my bed

In my bedroom you will find: Bed, clothes, posters, computer skates, lots of books

Things or people I don't like: Sometimes can't handle last minute changes, fake/stuck up bitchy type people, other people arguing.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 7:04 am

Name: Nathan

Sexual orientation: Straight, male

Location: Southampton, England (have lived in Belfast, NI and Rio, Brazil before).

Sports: Table sports, track & field.

Height: 5ft9ins.

Eyes: Brown.

Build:Broad is probably the word! (see pic).

Best feature: Lips.

Clothes:Always rocking a shirt, and jeans or sensible pants. If I can get away with it flipflops and sandals else loafers.

Personality:A lateral thinker and I tend to apply that to most things. Mild mannered, yet very talkative as far as Aspies go!

Books: Michael Chrichton, Stephen King, Philip K. Dick.

Smoking: Very rarely. A few a year? Social.

Drinking: Once or twice a week.

Ethnicity: Caucasian (White).

Five things i can't live without: My mind, friends, family, creative works, knowledge.

In my bedroom you will find:Mostly boxes. I'm moving again!

Things or people I don't like: I dislike people that turn everything and otherwise innocent things like games,work,nights out and friendly meetups into a competition to be alpha dog or queen bee. Don't get me wrong, I'd like someone in my life but not everything in life has to be about hooking up and playing others down in order to do it.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 9:34 am

Name: Will say later

Sexual orientation: Heterosexual Female

Sports: None, but I do a moderate amount of walking (5-10 miles a week)

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Eyes: Green

Build: Slightly overweight

Best feature: Eyes

Clothes: Depends on mood. Normally a skirt with tights and some top to match it.

Personality: Honestly? I'm usually confident, but currently insecure. I'm very honest and I like to question. When I'm one-to-one with people, I can be quite talkative. Otherwise in a group, sometimes I'm silent. I can be a bit intense, but that's mainly due to my literal thinking. i.e. I'm direct, and I'm not always able to read between the lines, however, I can always pick up when someone is being dishonest or mean. I can read body language.

Books: None currently

Quote: A good one I heard the other day actually, is "Don't try and live up to others' expectations, because they're theirs, not yours", or something along the lines of.

Drinking: When out with friends

Five things I can't live without: Mobile, money, food, home, internet.

In my bedroom you will find: Bed, old style wardrobe, shelving unit, drawers and dressing table.

Things or people I don't like: Change, and people who think the sun shines out their rear-ends, and people who stick to their friends no matter what. Yep, you read correctly! I mean for instance - someone who agrees with whatever their friend(s) do, even if they do/say something mean. That, and I prefer to hear peoples' opinions. When I talk about problems, I like to hear advice, not just be agreed with about everything, otherwise I feel I'm being sucked up to, or lied to. I don't like people who think politics or intelligence is everything, and that anyone who doesn't want to know about politics is somehow less-than, or stupid. Intelligence really isn't everything. I don't like men who hint at me, because they're usually trying to lead me on e.g. when men hint that they want children...I'm thinking, "Of course you do."

Looking for: Open-minded, flexible, honest, reliable man aged 22-35. Knowledge not necessary, but ability to question is. Friendliness is key! No pushiness. Must like hugs. Must initiate.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 12:55 pm

Name: Mia

Sexual orientation: Straight, female

Location: London ( I live in the US but I'm in London a lot and interested in meeting someone there )

Height: 5ft 4

Eyes: Brown

Build: Slim

Clothes: Very casual and usually in darker colours. Jeans, leather jacket, boots.

Personality: INTP, introverted, quiet, reserved...you get the picture. But I would not be forced into doing something I don't want to. I'm calm and patient. Tend to take things literally. But I'm usually very laid back.
(And I should mention that I do not have AS.)

Drinking: Love wine

Ethnicity: Japanese

Music: Alternative/indie rock. Love going to gigs. Not into Metal.

Things or people I don't like: I dislike people who throw cigarette butts on the street, people who don't use turn signals when driving and people who are loud.

Looking for: someone to go to gigs with basically. So someone with similar taste in music, who can afford to go to gigs, time and money-wise.

To be completely honest, I'm not really interested in meeting someone romantically (although I'm not opposed to the idea entirely). I'd be happy if I can meet someone decent to hang out with in London.

Here is a picture of me from last year in Covent Garden:
http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p61 ... ab2a16.jpg

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 2:08 pm

Name: Paul.
Sexual orientation: Straight male.
Height: 6'2".
Eyes: Blue.
Build: Michelin Man. 'Clinically obese' is the medical term.
Personality: Mostly introverted; but also quite noisy and gobby when the mood takes me. Generally not calm and patient. Constantly wanting attention. Rarely like to leave spaces unfilled. Obsessive about certain, limited things.
Smoking: No, I've never smoked. Wouldn't mind trying a cigar though.
Drinking: Beer most days and quite a bit of it, although I'm aiming to drink less. (Currently drinking a bottle of Durham Temptation [10%], an imperial stout I've had aging for two years.)
Ethnicity: White British.
Music: Classical; sorrowful; instrumental; Irish/Ulster Scots and Eastern European folk; British military.
Things or people I don't like: Liars; frauds; controlling people. People with an authoritarian streak.
Looking for: Well, someone I can bear to be around would be a good start. Someone I actually have things in common with. Someone that can bear to be around me.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2013, 3:01 pm

Tequila wrote:
Build: Michelin Man.

:lol: Bless.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 10:01 am

^ I didn't mean anything by that.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 1:40 pm

No? :-)

I took it to be slightly indulgent.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 3:36 pm

Indulgent how?

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 3:41 pm

smudge wrote:
Indulgent how?

Don't worry/think about it. Just enjoy the thread :D

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 6:05 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
Clothes: Always rocking a shirt, and jeans or sensible pants.

Just out of curiosity, what are "sensible pants"?

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 6:31 pm

blueroses wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:
Clothes: Always rocking a shirt, and jeans or sensible pants.

Just out of curiosity, what are "sensible pants"?

I suppose I mean trousers in Britspeak. Or more like dark colored chinos.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2013, 6:48 pm

Gotcha. I was wondering if maybe it was a British expression. Learn something new everyday. :)

Anondave
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jun 2013, 10:45 pm

Name: David
Sexual orientation: Heterosexual Male
Sports: Swimming
Height: 5 feet 11 inches
Eyes: Blue/green
Build: Trying to lose weight
Best feature: Can't say
Clothes: Comfortable
Personality: Not sure what to write
Books: Would like to own more
Quote: Don't have one
Drinking: No, but don't mind
Five things i can't live without: I'd be ok
In my bedroom you will find: Beds, clothes, cats
Things or people I don't like: People that conflict with me

Not sure what to write, feel free to contact me to find out more.