Wanting to write a book / short story

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2013, 9:56 pm

Hello everyone

I tend to isolate way more than I should and as a consequence I have a lot of time on my hands. I was thinking about devoting some of that time into writing a book or just a short story. Nothing fancy to be published but just for fun maybe. I have two stories I have come up with but I fear neither one are very original but wanted to post them to get some opinions on which I should continue to write on. Also I don't tend to write that much so hopefully no one judges me to harshly. I can post some of my work if someone really wants to see it but am shy about my work, I am sure it probably sucks lol

Anyway, Here is the basic run down of each story

1. Name of the story is The Two Faces of Justice, have two chapters written. Its about a serial murder who is identical twins with the detective that is after him. They were separated at birth, the detective had a prefect life with good parents where as the serial murder had a rough childhood and parents that were abusive towards him. The serial murder only kills guilty parties and people with a criminal record, a vigilante basically. He stalks criminals and murders them in a way that is symbolic to whatever that persons crime is. The detective does not realize he is tracking his brother and thats basically the twist.

2. Something like Alice and Wonderland, maybe even a bit too much so. Name of the story is Otherworld in which a teenager named Brian is bullied at school. One day the kids that bully him throw him down a hole behind school and he awakes to find a giant talking spider. Anyway to make a long story short, after the spider tries to eat Brian, he agrees to help Brian out of the cave. Upon exiting the cave everything appears normal but it is in reality a parallel universe where everyone is the same but different. Basically the story is Brian trying to get back to his own reality while questioning rather or not everything is a dream. Story has no real twist to offer.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2013, 10:26 pm

I wish you lots of luck with both stories. Both can even be made into movies if they're well written and fleshed out.

For the first story I had visions of 'Heat', 'Hard Boiled' and "L.A Confidential" in my mind.

For the second story I had visions of "Alice In Wonderland", "What Dreams May Come" and "Pan's Labyrinth", in my mind.

Both stories are very different and unique and should be interesting.