Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

BoomJuggs
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2013, 7:07 am

Hi Guys

I am new to here. I'm a 41 year old man from the UK. I have HF autism/aspergers........whatever you want to call it :) I personally don't think I am disabled, I just have always thought differently from the majority around me. I wouldn't change how I feel.

My interests include war games, board games, history, psychology. I love dogs and have 2 that I walk regularly. I love them and my wife to bits. My wife is also autistic. We get on great, although it has required a lot of hard work to understand each other.

I have a few friends, but I am seeking something deeper with people that can actually understand me. I've tried local AS groups, but the people that run them are well intentioned, but limited, and seem to have little idea of how I feel, so I pretty much avoid them.

I have an incredible number of ideas floating around in my mad mind. I'd really like to exchange ideas in a forum format. So I joined here! I've even just started my own blog. I'm just desperate for some validation on how I feel. The blog is my link to what I feel to be sanity. Without it, I have found it hard to solidify my thoughts. Previously I just wrote to myself, but I wanted to know what others thought too!

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you.

Ashley (BoomJuggs)

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 7:33 am

Welcome :)
What's your blog address?

hyksos55
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 8:51 am

Greetings and welcome to the Wrong Planet. You've come to the right place to share your thoughts and ideas. There is such a variety and diversity of people here and we would love to hear what you have to say. Have fun, hope to see you around.

BoomJuggs
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2013, 12:31 pm

Thanks for the encouragement guys :)

I can't find any way of embedding a link to my blog. Anti-spam keeps kicking in! I'll have to wait a few days until I move out of newbie status.

I'll put a post forward in the main forum when I can. It would be nice if you could keep an eye out :)

Will be looking to be very active in the future. Hope you like some of my ideas. I'm very happy to discuss anything with you :)

Regards

Ashley

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 12:37 pm

Nice to meet you! Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

BoomJuggs
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2013, 1:25 pm

OK, I think I have been able to include my blog address in my signature.

Only written a couple of public posts so far. Many more to come in the future. I love writing my ideas down.

Ashley

Proxy_Trump
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jul 2013, 2:52 pm

Welcome.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 3:07 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Slipknotdayof9