Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 10:24 am

I was not sure what the right words were for the title but that's okay.

Sometimes I get super impatient if I want to share something with someone or if I make something for someone and want to give it to them. I get really excited to give it to them or share with them and I wonder if that is normal for everyone or just me or if it could be a Spectrum thing. For example, I told my mum that I found this forum and sent her the link. She has been busy so even after a couple of weeks she has not looked at it yet. I understand that she is extremely busy, which she really is, and she is exhausted and just has not had the time to look even though she is very interested. I am 40 something so whether she educates herself on the Spectrum or not really has no bearing on my relationship with her now like it would have had if I was a kid. But I am so excited for her to learn and to get to know me in this way. I feel completely impatient like a little kid at Christmas who can't wait for people to open the presents she gave them.

I also get that way if I know I am going to get to see someone I really love that I have not seen in awhile or if that person is going to call me like for my birthday. I will watch the clock and get anxious waiting. Sometimes I have to force myself to do other things because I can sit around and just wait for this one call and not do anything else. And then if the person doesn't call or if the thing I am waiting for doesn't happen, sometimes I'll cry and get all out of sorts about it. There have been times when I have cried for days. My cousin said she would call me once, she lives in a different country so we don't talk often at all, and I got so excited it was like I was three or something. I don't think it is normal behavior for someone my chronological age but neither is a lot of what I do. Does anyone else do this?