Be Yourself: I wish this phrase would go away

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

07 Feb 2014, 10:30 pm

be creative. 8) . my fave. say it all the time.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 8:32 am

I looked it up on wikihow.

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Yourself

Based upon this article I believe I may another one of my underlying issues. In the questions I have asked and things I have written I have assumed that certain concepts were mutually exclusive when they are not. Therefore, I am seeing things as contradictory when they're really not. The warnings state exceptions to "Be Yourself". I still have to display certain amounts of respect to others. What it really says is "Be Yourself" if and only if certain exceptions are not violated. Be Yourself has a set of constraints to them. One has to stay within these constraints depending upon the culture he is in. He includes both he and she.

Why couldn't the self-help gurus and the positivity pushers mention all of this? Instead of writing books that are mystical and emotionally based why can't they write stuff using rationality and logic in the way I used it. Why does one have to go through a rigamaroo just to obtain this simple logic? Why couldn't they just simply state it in this way as I stated it?