California petition to divide state into 6

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 11:46 pm

Venture Capitalist Tim Draper owns California SOS, convinces her to permit petition drive to divide state into six States. More of the 1% crown buying our government. Sickens me following interviews of CEO's and Venture Capitalists caught saying that the 1% are the hardest working segment of the population. Yeah right, you work harder than someone who walks beams 400 feet off the ground welding iron. Right, you work harder than someone who bends over the chassis of an automobile putting in the brake lines at a automobile assembly plant> yeah, I could go down the list forever of people ho you make your living betting on manufacturing or building something.

No damned CEO or capitalist investor should be able to influence the division of our country for their own financial gain, which is exactly what is happening, They cant buy the whole election and steal our country that way so they seek to divide and destroy us.

Rakshasa72
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 2:42 am

List of U.S. state partition proposals. Things like this have been going on for a long time. It's nothing to get too exited about. It would take a lot more then just a petition to make a new state.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 3:59 am

Can we just sink the whole state into the sea?

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 4:12 am

Dox47 wrote:

Well, why not the complete west coastline? I would rather see Venture Capitalists and private CEO's stop trying to influence public policy and law. Why does someone who sits on his ass all day betting on the success of the productivity of people who actually sweat for a living have the right to influence government?

Rakshasa72
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 9:12 am

khaoz wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

Well, why not the complete west coastline? I would rather see Venture Capitalists and private CEO's stop trying to influence public policy and law. Why does someone who sits on his ass all day betting on the success of the productivity of people who actually sweat for a living have the right to influence government?

Just so we can get this strait at what income level should people not be able to influence government? $1 Million? $10 Million?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 12:36 pm

khaoz wrote:
Venture Capitalist Tim Draper owns California SOS, convinces her to permit petition drive to divide state into six States. More of the 1% crown buying our government. Sickens me following interviews of CEO's and Venture Capitalists caught saying that the 1% are the hardest working segment of the population. Yeah right, you work harder than someone who walks beams 400 feet off the ground welding iron. Right, you work harder than someone who bends over the chassis of an automobile putting in the brake lines at a automobile assembly plant> yeah, I could go down the list forever of people ho you make your living betting on manufacturing or building something.

No damned CEO or capitalist investor should be able to influence the division of our country for their own financial gain, which is exactly what is happening, They cant buy the whole election and steal our country that way so they seek to divide and destroy us.

Take their property and send them to the Gulag.

They tried that in Russia after the Revolution but in 1924 Lenin had to re introduce capitalism in a limited way to keep Russia from starving. Look of New Economic Policy (NEP) 1924.

ruveyn

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 12:51 pm

Sorry, I'm weary of seeing my country ripped apart by greed. It sickens and disgusts me to see Venture Capitalists and CEO's on TV talking about how the 1% is the hardest working segment of the American workforce. Such disdain for the sweat of the people who make it possible for these ass-sitters to accumulate such massive wealth in the first place. I don't begrudge personal prosperity, but when I see ass-sitters sitting on my TV screen bragging about underwater airplanes, and mansions with tens to hundreds of bedrooms.., not homes, but rather monuments to ego, and in the same breath such disrespect for Americans who actually do manual labor to produce, maintain and deliver the objects of admiration these wealthy asses display with such pride and arrogance, it just turns my stomach.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 1:26 pm

Rakshasa72 wrote:
khaoz wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

Just so we can get this strait at what income level should people not be able to influence government? $1 Million? $10 Million?

Lets say it should not be someone that his motivation has nothing to do with the betterment of America or the State of California, but rather the advancement of his/her own wealth and status, and the destruction of MY country solely over the religion of money. Better to try to work together to address the problems that created the current situation instead of destroying our nation. Oh, that would involve some degree of compromise, which is a term of profanity to the uber wealthy.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 9:37 am

Dox47 wrote:

Only the part west of the San Andreas fault.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 1:18 pm

khaoz wrote:
Rakshasa72 wrote:
khaoz wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

Lets say it should not be someone that his motivation has nothing to do with the betterment of America or the State of California, but rather the advancement of his/her own wealth and status, and the destruction of MY country solely over the religion of money. Better to try to work together to address the problems that created the current situation instead of destroying our nation. Oh, that would involve some degree of compromise, which is a term of profanity to the uber wealthy.

I think there's something more to it than just making money. As California is a power house of blue electoral college votes, there is an obvious incentive for conservatives to see that power radically diminished.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 1:22 pm

Dox47 wrote:

C'mon Dox, as you and I are both residents of Washington state, you have to know as well as I do that we have far more in common with California than we do with most of the culturally backward heartland, or the south.

Rakshasa72
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2014, 1:32 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
khaoz wrote:
Rakshasa72 wrote:
khaoz wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

I think there's something more to it than just making money. As California is a power house of blue electoral college votes, there is an obvious incentive for conservatives to see that power radically diminished.

It would also mean at least 10 new Senators. 2 per each new state. Which would tip the balance in the senate a little more towards the west coast. Which might not be a bad thing. As to House Representatives it probably be a wash since those are apportioned by population anyway.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2014, 1:36 am

Rakshasa72 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
khaoz wrote:
Rakshasa72 wrote:
khaoz wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

It would also mean at least 10 new Senators. 2 per each new state. Which would tip the balance in the senate a little more towards the west coast. Which might not be a bad thing. As to House Representatives it probably be a wash since those are apportioned by population anyway.

Hm... :chin:

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2014, 10:56 am

Dox47 wrote:
Not going to happen, California is on a transform boundary for one and also continental crust is not only thicker but less dense than oceanic crust and always overtakes oceanic crust when converging thus sending it into the subduction zone.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Rakshasa72
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2014, 2:31 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Not going to happen, California is on a transform boundary for one and also continental crust is not only thicker but less dense than oceanic crust and always overtakes oceanic crust when converging thus sending it into the subduction zone.

So what your saying is rather then getting less California, we are more likely to get More California?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2014, 3:07 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
C'mon Dox, as you and I are both residents of Washington state, you have to know as well as I do that we have far more in common with California than we do with most of the culturally backward heartland, or the south.

I suppose as a non-Seattleite, I can forgive your unawareness of the blight that is migrant Californians moving to the area and ruining it the same way they've ruined California. All the good Seattle traditions like Seafair have been ruined by their PC NIMBY crap, and I won't even mention what they've done to the price of housing in the city.