What is you expectation for The sims 4

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2014, 11:20 am

My is gradual aging, in my opinion transition between age groups in the sims 3, are to rapid, and after transformation sim, does not resemble themselves.

mmcool
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2014, 11:39 am

loads of drm and bugs

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2014, 12:09 pm

I heard, the developers were thinking of implying a new feature called "fun" into the game. It will be randomly hidden in one of the 85 expansion packs, that you each can buy for only 35$.

AlphaNtu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Mar 2014, 2:58 pm

lol Such bitter responses. I feel at home in the thread, already. I was just checking out the various released dates for the game. I've seen June and December, so who knows. I agree that gradual aging would be cool, with their looks and heights changing over time. I'd like load times to be shorter. But the biggest thing is, the whole "update" system. I hate having to check all my mods when a new update comes out to find out if they're still compatible. We didn't have to do that with Sims 2, you only needed to make sure you had the right expansion packs for a download, now you must do both. If there's no gradual aging I'd like more life stages. Even just adding pre-teen would be enough, that's the oddest jump. It's like soap-opera aging, 6 one day, 16 the next.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2014, 3:08 pm

It would be nice if they implemented in Sims terminal illness.

I'm not a psycho, but I would be more realistic simulation.

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Mar 2014, 3:50 pm

It would be nice if they got rid of micro-transactions and implemented "stuff packs" into expansions so we get more of them. Not expecting too much like that from EA, though.

Most of all, though, a complete engine overhaul would be best. Better path-finding, better stats on how a certain item and it's placement will affect a sim's mood, etc. The game's ambiguity gets on my nerves. And making friends shouldn't be harder than it is to make friends in real life, especially if you consider that I'm an aspie. =P

Lastly, it would be nice if it felt fresh again. Sims has felt the same since the first. Like a second life, almost. I miss the ability to just mess around and not have to worry about how good your cooking skills weren't good enough just yet. Stuff like that.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2014, 6:31 pm

I want it to have every feature of real life that you can put into the game as you see fit, and I mean EVERYTHING. To do this, it's probably going to have to be rated M.

I want

-More traits like Pedo, racist, and sexist.

-Guns. You can use them to murder your archenemy, or against burglars breaking into your house.

-War. There is a military career, but they never actually go off to fight. There should be an occasional battle to go off to. If the sim is killed, a message is sent to you that they died of whatever, and the family cries and gets the moodlet "Dove" They can go to the new public event "war protest". Or, your sim can get a severe injury and not die, becoming paralyzed. Which goes on to my next one.

-Disease and disorder. Sims can be terminally ill, crippled, or have a number of disorders. Like autism of course! Paraplegics can't use stairs.

-Unless they have bookworm, artistic, or genius traits, then all child and teen sims will always have the "stupid" moodlet until they are a young adult.

-Any trait which can cause criminal activities, like the ones I mentioned above, can cause you to randomly get arrested after blogging when the government spies on you and finds out what you did. You then go to prison until your next age transition.

I know these sound hard to implement, but it is the next generation, so we should expect some pretty realistic stuff.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 9:07 am

Aint expecting much, honestly. Not after the absolute greedbomb disaster that was the most recent Simcity. That game came out *BAD*. And again, the greed factor from EA then just added to it.

As it is, I'm fully expecting the fourth Sims to be bloody horrible.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 1:03 pm

Misery wrote:
Aint expecting much, honestly. Not after the absolute greedbomb disaster that was the most recent Simcity. That game came out *BAD*. And again, the greed factor from EA then just added to it.

AS for SimCity I agree, I ordered the game even before the release, in fact, it is probably the most expensive game that I bought, I am not a rich person, but I had to have this game. SimCity 2000 was the first game in which I ever played, I got it from my uncle, along with used computer, on my 10th birthday. I'm a big fan of the SimCity series, but very disappointed when it finally installed. The game was simply unplayable, the servers did not work. The game just was released too early, And the maps are definitely too small in my opinion

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 8:21 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
Misery wrote:

AS for SimCity I agree, I ordered the game even before the release, in fact, it is probably the most expensive game that I bought, I am not a rich person, but I had to have this game. SimCity 2000 was the first game in which I ever played, I got it from my uncle, along with used computer, on my 10th birthday. I'm a big fan of the SimCity series, but very disappointed when it finally installed. The game was simply unplayable, the servers did not work. The game just was released too early, And the maps are definitely too small in my opinion

Yeah, pretty much. Whole thing was a disaster. Sure wasnt just the servers that didnt work right. And the devs seem to NOT want to increase the city size, which is like THE thing that'd improve the game and make it better.

Granted, I aint played it in ages, so for all I know it might be a bit better anyway, but.... I doubt it. I only played it a little when it released, and then ended up finding and going with Anno 2070 instead (a bloody great choice, that).

I had loved and respected Maxis for a VERY long time, even going back to the ancient days of games like SimEarth or El-Fish (both of which I still have box + manuals for!), but now..... uuuuugh.

I aint gonna complain and say "Well they suck because all they do is the Sims now", because the Sims is a good game and I've followed it since the first one. But after Simcity 5.... ugh. Not sure that love and respect is there anymore. The old Maxis that I knew would never have put out such a thing. But the corruptive touch of EA is all-consuming, it seems.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 9:56 am

modernmax wrote:
-War. There is a military career, but they never actually go off to fight. There should be an occasional battle to go off to. If the sim is killed, a message is sent to you that they died of whatever, and the family cries and gets the moodlet "Dove" They can go to the new public event "war protest". Or, your sim can get a severe injury and not die, becoming paralyzed. Which goes on to my next one.

-Disease and disorder. Sims can be terminally ill, crippled, or have a number of disorders. Like autism of course! Paraplegics can't use stairs.

I agree and sim in medical career might be infected by deadly virus form the patient. Or astronaut sim stranded in failed moon mission AKA Apollo 13 :D

Animelover
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Mar 2014, 9:11 pm

you can drive the cars yourself and being able to see your sim eat in a restaurant and see him or her work

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2014, 2:36 pm

I expect the same with better graphics, LOL.

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 7:59 pm

I watched a video!! ! I am SO excited! I saw so many interesting new things! I hope gradual aging is a part as well!

~~~
Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional.
~~~

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 7:59 pm

Animelover wrote:
you can drive the cars yourself and being able to see your sim eat in a restaurant and see him or her work

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

~~~
~~~

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 8:02 pm

modernmax wrote:
I want it to have every feature of real life that you can put into the game as you see fit, and I mean EVERYTHING. To do this, it's probably going to have to be rated M.

I want

-More traits like Pedo, racist, and sexist.

-Guns. You can use them to murder your archenemy, or against burglars breaking into your house.

-Unless they have bookworm, artistic, or genius traits, then all child and teen sims will always have the "stupid" moodlet until they are a young adult.

-Any trait which can cause criminal activities, like the ones I mentioned above, can cause you to randomly get arrested after blogging when the government spies on you and finds out what you did. You then go to prison until your next age transition.

I know these sound hard to implement, but it is the next generation, so we should expect some pretty realistic stuff.

I agree with all. Also, about your picture, "IT'S HAMTARO TIME! *NOISES* HAMTARO! WHEN WE WORK TOGETHER, IT'S MUCH BETTER!"

~~~
~~~