Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Izzy707
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Apr 2014, 5:38 pm

Hi. I'm new here, and a self-diagnosed aspie woman. I'm looking for women to date, and/or become friends with. However I'm lost on initiating conversation.......I've tried the "hi, how are you," the whole "what's up tiff...." and that ends fairly quickly. I've been thinking of just being blunt with a "hi, I'm interested in getting to know you better how about it?" to woman i don't even know....... but that might produce the image of me being a creep/creep~ee->(my word for female creeper) which I'm not. I've been working on softening my blunt speech but it seems like beating around the bush to me although I know I need to do this to fit in, respect others feelings and not hurt them as well as present myself appropriately. :( Usually when I try and type 'normal' messages I over think and I spazz out and become frustrated....Right my main issue is I want to find a woman to date and/or be friends with and do what female friends do together (whatever that is). But don't know how to approach women over the web. I haven't looked in my area b/c what I see there is not what I want. -.-

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2014, 6:48 pm

Have you tried any social/dating websites? I've created a profile on several sites and specified that I don't do small talk and need straight-forward communication, and I've been contacted by people. Maybe it can work for you. It gives people an idea of what you are like ahead of time, you tell them whatever you want them to know, and let them decide whether or not to contact you. Usually, people will mention your interests in their messages, then you have something to talk about.

Izzy707
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Apr 2014, 7:28 pm

That sounds like an awesome idea. I have but they've been crappy ones where you have to pay to message people, and such :P

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2014, 7:44 pm

How about these, all free:

lesbotronic.com (this one is good for privacy)
shoe.org
okcupid.com

Izzy707
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Apr 2014, 7:56 pm

Thank you!! :) I'll make good use of these. I am also looking to find a woman on here was my first option, still is.