Urgh. Been asked to DJ infront of people. Scary prospect!

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jayjayuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2014, 8:05 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Am the opposite of Williard.

I deejayed informally at family parties, and then got myself hired by a party deejay company that trained you to use the equipment and to emcee at weddings ( introduce bridal parties, first dances, boquet tosses, cake cuttings,all of that stuff).

Did that for 10 years before I volunteered to produce a radio show for a little public access station. I miss the audience, and packing the dance floor when Im in the studio-though i like doing that too.

I did get some training for party deejaying, and did get to watch some veterans deejays do their thing before trying it myself. But I had to emcee four hour weddings (introduce the bridal party etc). And did practice using the equipment at home. But I was an oldies person, and had to learn the younger generations music as well. Alot of work, but somehow I did it and survived.

For just one hour you can do it. Just relax and have fun with it.

Thanks NaturalPlastic.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2014, 10:35 pm

Do it, and have a blast; just have fun. You'll do fine 8)

jayjayuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Apr 2014, 6:36 am

Will update you all later how it went. Time to jump in the deep end as the saying goes :D Thanks for all the bits of advice people.

jayjayuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Apr 2014, 1:12 pm

That went well NOT! Left mid way through. f****d up so many tea because of worry. I can do it fine in the house in front of others no chance. Completely messed up. Never again.