Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 6:06 pm

I was wondering...

I heard that some people take college classes for TWO years on the computer...can someone REALLY do it in two years?

What if you want to be a psychotherapist and a phsysical therapist?

Okay,so I guess my basic question is: How long does it take someone to become a psycho/physical therapist while taking college over computer?

-SpaceCase

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 6:46 pm

Well, the program has to be offered in computer format. Other than that, it depends on how fast you can take the classes. Not all degree fields are available totally over the computer, and you also have to make sure that the degree comes from a properly accredited and accepted source. And concerning time, if the classes aren't semester based, but are, instead, finished whenever you finish them, then the amount of time needed depends on how fast you get done. But if it is just a regular course offered online every semester, then no, you can't get done in two years unless you take double the amount of classes each semester---which is crazy. That's like 36 credit hours a semester.

Hoorahville
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Mar 2007, 1:37 pm

It took me about two years and seven months to get my Bachelor's in network management. Terms are divided up into nine week long classes. This generally means you'll be reading three books every nine weeks. It can get trying at times.

Very few degrees are anything but bits of paper. It's all about finding someone who knows what the hell they're doing, and even a degree from the more prestigious schools doesn't promise that anymore.

If you're interested in finding online schooling, google it. Gather up some prospects and then research their accreditation. If it checks out, go apply.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2017, 4:02 pm

I've heard that online degrees are basically bogus and seem to only be for associate's degrees.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 9:47 pm

SpaceCase wrote:
I was wondering...

I heard that some people take college classes for TWO years on the computer...can someone REALLY do it in two years?

What if you want to be a psychotherapist and a phsysical therapist?

Okay,so I guess my basic question is: How long does it take someone to become a psycho/physical therapist while taking college over computer?

-SpaceCase

There are some online college programs. First you should make sure they are accredited programs from reputable institutions, and that your units will transfer to an actual university, or be honored by a graduate program. Also, understand that it takes a lot of self discipline to complete courses online, and this often makes them more difficult than courses you would attend offline.