Page 314 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317 ... 358  Next

autisticaurum
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 May 2018, 3:30 pm

What is your first name?

Hobbies and Interests: Playing piano, singing, drawing, painting, writing music, writing articles, spreading autism awareness/acceptance, cooking, baking, calligraphy, organizing, making Pinterest boards, cuddling with cats & dogs

Why are you here? To meet others with Aspergers and write about my everyday life as an autistic adult

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was diagnosed with Asperger's at age 11

Favorite subjects: English, Art, Band & Choir

Year/Grade: Technical sophomore in college

Favorite music: Christian anything, some Pop, some Contemporary, Classical & Instrumental, some '80s Rock

Books: 'Boundaries', 'Jesus-Centered Life', Harry Potter series, Inheritance Cycle, Divergent trilogy, Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games (used to be my favorite & became my obsession for a while)

TV shows/Movies: The Office, any cooking shows, any HGTV shows, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Flash, Fixer Upper, Downton Abbey; the Avengers (all of them except Infinity War), Doctor Strange, Thor: Ragnarok, Beauty & The Beast, Man of Steel, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Night at the Museum

Instrument: Piano & Trumpet, both since I was 10; I played trumpet throughout middle school, high school and into college, where I was a part of a collegiate band; I played piano for fun until college, and now I am using it to play on worship teams at my church

Do you like sports? Not really

Family: I have three younger siblings who live with my parents; I don't have a family of my own yet, but I hope to in the future

Clothing: I prefer modesty, as I am not of the athletic build and don't like showing off; I typically wear jeans/leggings and a sweatshirt/t-shirt, but if I want to dress nice I'll wear a dress/dress pants and a nice shirt; I like shopping at Old Navy, Maurice's, American Eagle, aerie, rue21, Forever21, pretty much basic white girl clothing stores that are cheaper

How did you find this website? Through The Mighty!

Job: Working two part-time jobs making sandwiches & working grocery

Plans for the future? Graduate as an Ordained Pastor and work as a Worship & Creative Arts Pastor or a Church Administrator; marry a Pastor and have a big family; live in the country in a farmhouse; build a center for autistic people to come together and have coffee, worship, or just hang out!

Any comments? You are all wonderful people

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 4:36 pm

Welcome to WP, everyone!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Eljen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 May 2018, 2:14 am

What is your first name? Eli

Hobbies and Interests: Reading (especially complicated and/or shocking stories), watching sports, doing sports, listening to music, nature and deep thinking about anything - give me topic and I can analyze it for hours

Why are you here? Get in touch what being Aspie means and create connections with others

When were you diagnosed?: Officially never - few months ago I moved to the Netherlands (new country, first time living by myself, huge pressure to socialize...) - this revealed it with full strength

Favorite subjects: nature oriented - physiology, bio-chemistry (but also sociology, philosophy etc.)

Year/Grade: 1st year of my Master (Health Food Innovation Management)

Favorite music: Rock

Books: Harry Potter lover, Edgar Allan Poe, Jane Austen (and much more)

TV shows/Movies: Red Dwarf, Scrubs, The Big Bang Theory, Game of Thrones... and movies? I prefer comedy and I love unexpected twists

Instrument: unfortunately none

Do you like sports? I do.. kinda (skiing, jogging, tramping)

Clothing: casual (oversized fashion trend is a blessing)

How did you find this website? Google

Job: Student

Plans for the future? Hopefully PhD and further research in human physiology/functional food...and being happy in general :)

Any comments? I wish a nice day to all :)

bonniegreen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 May 2018, 4:53 am

What is your first name? Rachael

Hobbies and Interests: bellydance, morris dancing, folk music, singing & playing various instruments, nature & science.

Why are you here? Working out what it means if I'm autistic (99% sure I am...)

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): starting the process of seeking a diagnosis at the moment. Initial appointment with my GP scheduled for next week!

Favorite subjects: natural history, music & dance, folklore, physics, philosophy. Right now, one of my big things is fungus.

Favorite music: a bit of a weird mixture tbh. Mostly Arabic classical music, or English folk music, or goth/rock/alternative.

Books: All the books! I used to read a lot of hard SF and fantasy, these days I seem to be reading more literary fiction and a bit of gothic fantasy/weird fiction. Best things I've read recently - the Gormenghast trilogy, "We Have Always Lived in the Castle" by Shirley Jackson, "the Hearing Trumpet" by Leonora Carrington, "My Name is Red" by Orhan Pamuk, "the Hakawati" by Rabih Alameddine. I'm kind of nerdy about H P Lovecraft, and I've read pretty much all the Terry Pratchett.

TV shows/Movies: I don't really watch stuff, don't have a TV anymore. But I love the original Wicker Man.

Instrument: guitar, recorder, hand drums, oud, spoons & other idiophones. I played classical guitar all through school, but I'm out of practise (still play a little for fun, but not as well as I used to). I play percussion instruments (mostly spoons, also bones) at folk music sessions, and am re-learning the recorder to play folk tunes. And I've dabbled in a few Arabic instruments but am not anywhere near proficient at any.

Do you like sports? not really, I don't follow sports. But I run and do a lot of pilates. And I used to play underwater hockey.

Family: I have a mum & dad, adult sister and brother. I don't see my family much at the moment, because I live a few hours journey away from everyone else.

Clothing: mostly black or green. Mostly a bit scruffy/jeans and t-shirts. I used to dress flamboyantly goth at one time, but can't be bothered anymore.

How did you find this website? Heard about it in articles/books about autism.

Job: I work in the software industry. Currently working from home full-time. I also do a little bit of dance performance & teaching, but not enough to pay the rent.

Plans for the future? I'd like to teach regular dance classes and train as a pilates instructor. I also am planning my life around one day being allowed to have a dog (specifically, a retired racing greyhound).

Any comments? Not really

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 May 2018, 9:15 pm

Hobbies and Interests: cats, puzzles, coloring

Why are you here? I have Autism

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):2003

Favorite subjects: English

Year/Grade:12.

Favorite music:Greenday

Books:Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the Universe, and To kill a mockingbird

TV shows/Movies: Supernatural, The Sandlot, The Goonies, Looney Tunes

Instrument: I wish I could play the guitar

Do you like sports? I like basketball but I couldnt play on the school team because of sensory issues

Family: I have a lot of family. But my main family is 2 sisters, a brother and my parents

Clothing: Jeans, Cartoon Shirts, Flannels, Converse, Vans, Nike Airforce 1s, Sweatshirts, and Pajamas

How did you find this website? I found it while trying to learn more

Job: Shelving books

Plans for the future? I dont know yet. I might be able to live semi independently

Any comments? No

DocteurDEVO7
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 May 2018, 11:20 pm

Hobbies and Interests: Fishing, being outdoors, listening to music, video games

Why are you here? I was diagnosed with aspergers so I figured I'd join to connedt with others like myself

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 3rd grade by a psychologist

Favorite subjects: English and science

Year/Grade: Graduating in a few days

Favorite music: Billy Joel, Simon & Garfunkel, DEVO, They Might Be Giants

Books: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

TV shows/Movies: M*A*S*H, Frasier, Star Trek

Instrument: Piano

Do you like sports? Not really but I support the Toledo Mud Hens

Clothing: Jeans and a t-shirt. Most notably I own a leather jacket with about 50 pins on it though

How did you find this website? Researching aspergers online

Job: I was recently hired but I'm not going to disclose where

Plans for the future? I'm taking things one day at a time

Any comments? I'm an old soul. That's all you really need to know about me 8)

Last edited by B19 on 16 May 2018, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.: Identifying information removed on request.

lostxprophit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2018, 11:43 pm

Swear I filled this out already some time ago, but I don't see it, so here I go again :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is your first name? Tristan

Age 22

Location British Columbia, Canada

Hobbies and Interests
Reading, Cooking and Baking once in a blue moon, Video Games (3DS, Switch, Xbox One, and PC), Listening to Music, and I'm pretty into Tea and Coffee, along with Magic the Gathering, Warhammer 40K, and D&D

Why are you here?
I figured I'd try and find people on the Spectrum to get along with

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder) Never officially Diagnosed but I do have some similar characteristics/traits to an Aspie; I have a Minor Cognitive Delay

Favorite subjects Mostly Science, I did really well in Psychology though in Grade 11 & 12

Year/Grade Graduated High school in 2014

Favorite music I have a somewhat eclectic taste in music

Books Sci-Fi and Fantasy mainly; to be more specific: Harry Potter (shocker :P), Percy Jackson and the Olympians/Heroes of Olympus, Kane Chronicles, Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, The Witcher, Dune, Mistborn, The Dresden Files, Inheritance Cycle, Warhammer 40K, Assassin's Creed, Halo

TV shows/Movies Avatar the Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra, The Flash, Dragon Ball saga, The Marvel Cinematic Universe, West World

Instrument Guitar (Formerly), Trombone (only in Grade 7 Band Class)

Do you like sports? Not really; too much going on to understand, but I like eSports though!

Family My parents, and older half brother

Clothing Casual; mostly hoodies/ a sweater and Jeans, PJ Pants when I'm at home

How did you find this website? Wikipedia

Job Don't have one currently; my current income is via my Disability Benefits

Plans for the future? I'd like to go to the local College here, and need to work on losing weight/getting a little more healthier

Any comments? I hate some of the crap that goes on here some of the time, the constant "Take Pity on Me" Posts especially

Self Diagnosed

No longer Active on here; I have moved to AutisimForums/AspieCentral under the username Isadoorian

Aquapiscasp25F
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 May 2018, 1:15 pm

Hobbies and Interests: Astrology, philosophy, yoga

Why are you here? I have Autism

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Today.

Favorite music: michael jackson, eminem, country/folk, most genres except heavy metal/rock/dub

Books: not got the patience to read

TV shows/movies: Friends, walk the line, loads

Instrument: Would like to learn the guitar.

Do you like sports?
Is yoga a sport?

Family: Big extended family, mum, dad and 2 brothers

Clothing: Sweatshirts, jeans, vests, nothing too clingy or frilly. Tomboy

How did you find this website? Researching asd in females.

Job: Lab Technician

Plans for the future? Go travelling :?

Any comments? No

Bronzelincolns
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 May 2018, 10:11 am

name: rather not say

hobbies and interests: gaming

why are you here: AS

when were you diagnosed: self diagnoses several months ago

favorite music: Hip Hop, soul, jazz, funk

books: I hate reading

favorite subject: lunchbreak

grade/year: graduated high school

Tv/movies: not interested

instrument: not interested

do you like sports: not interested

family: estranged

clothing: urban

how did you find this site: some guy on another forum i'm on

job: delivery

plans for the future: i'll tell ya later

any comments: Hi

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2018, 10:35 am

I'm not interested in television and movies either. I don't even have a television.

Biskit69
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 May 2018, 4:55 pm

I'm too lazy to write all of that so I'll just write numbers in order of the questions
1. David
2. 13
3. Chicago
4. Rap music, video games, GTA, COD
5. I have aspergers and ADHD
6. 2015, age 10
7. PE/art, if those count
8. 8th grade
9. All kinds of hip hop, I also like some rock like hardcore punk and thrash metal
10. Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Big Nate are the only book series I like.
11. For shows. South Park, The Boondocks, Family Guy, The Simpsons (older seasons), Rick and Morty. I like way too many movies, but my favorite is Pulp Fiction
12. I like to play electric guitar
13. I love sports. My favorite to play is soccer and favorite to watch is basketball.
14. My mom, and she has aspergers, ADHD, depression (she uses anti-depressants), and mild anxiety disorders. My dad, and he has mild anxiety disorders. My little brother, hes 9 and has aspergers and ADHD.
15. I'm really into fashion. And my style is mostly hypebeast clothing (Bape, Off White, Odd Future), but I can't afford most of it :lol:. So I mostly wear sports brands, like Nike, Adidas, Puma, etc.
16. Saw threads about aspergers. Found this site when I just got diagnosed.
17. School
18. I want to be a rapper, entertainer, comedian, and actor. But mostly a rapper.

Xenoquineo
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 May 2018, 6:43 pm

I am just explaining some stuff about myself, hopefully you’re okay with that.

1. My first name is Matthew.
2. I am 24 years old.
3. I live in Michigan.
4. I like to read, watch internet videos, listen to music, watch movies, and watch TV.
5. I am trying this place as a way to talk to others as well as express myself because I feel like an alien.
6. I was diagnosed with autism when I was 3 years old.
7. Spanish and art class were 2 cool subjects.
8. Done with high school and have no plans on college.
9. I don’t have a favorite song or type of music. I like certain songs such as now or never by Halsey
10. I like science fiction books such as the darkest minds though I read other books like It and Dorothy must die.
11. I watch food network shows such as chopped and spring baking championship.
12. I don’t play instruments.
13. I don’t care about sports.
14. Besides my parents I have 1 older brother and 1 older sister, both have their own homes and jobs.
15. I like clothes that feel comfortable and are simple such as jeans and t-shirts.
16. A supports coordinator suggested this place.
17. I do food prep at a restaurant.
18. Hopefully I get a better job and live independently before I’m 30 years old.
19. This is the second thing I posted on this website so far.

I_James_I
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 May 2018, 8:13 pm

What is your first name? James

Hobbies and Interests: Drawing, Painting, Collecting,watching movies and youtube videos, sleeping,eating,cooking, video games, cats

Why are you here? to read about autism, maybe meet others like me

When were you diagnosed January 2018

Favorite subjects: miserable in school
Year/Grade: Graduated High School

Favorite music: The Doors, Beck, Leonard Cohen, Stone Temple Pilots,Soundgarden,60s , 90s rock,

Books: JFK and The Unspeakable, History Stories, Non Fiction,

TV shows/Movies:Fear and Loathing, The Big Lebowski, Ren And Stimpy, Star Wars Movies, others

Instrument:none. want to

Do you like sports? no never

Family:mom, dad, 2 sisters

Clothing: Pants

How did you find this website? Google search

Job:None

Plans for the future? Not Right now

Any comments? no

purpleclad
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 May 2018, 8:18 pm

What is your first name? I don't use my real name on the internet, but online I've gone by the name Dakota for 4 years so I've adopted it as my name.

Hobbies and Interests: Stargazing, photography, astronomy, psychology, basically any science in general, playing with my pets, exercising, listening to music, stimming.

Why are you here? Asperger's/Autism

When were you diagnosed? Self dxd for about a year.

Favorite subjects: Astronomy and Trigonometry.

Year/Grade: College.

Favorite music: Rock, EDM, and lo-fi hip-hop.

Books: I haven't read books in a long time but I really enjoyed the Pendragon series and Harry Potter.

TV shows/Movies: Voltron, Perception, House, Parks and Rec.

Instrument: Can't play an instrument but I have an electric guitar and a piano.

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: I don't play any sports but I have a special interest in figure skating and hockey.

Family: 2 brothers, 2 sisters and a mom.

Clothing: I stick to a purple plaid jacket (hence my username), some type of space t-shirt, black pants and my black converse.

How did you find this website? I was researching my symptoms and stims and came across this website.

Job: Going to work at Gamestop in my spare time (video games are a spin for me)

Plans for the future? I want to get a PhD in Astronomy and Astrophysics (its a spin for me as well)

Any comments? I really like this website and its given me some insight about myself.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2018, 10:37 am

Very wise, not using your real name on the Internet. That's why I won't join Facebook.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2018, 10:07 pm

purpleclad wrote:
What is your first name? I don't use my real name on the internet, but online I've gone by the name Dakota for 4 years so I've adopted it as my name.

Hobbies and Interests: Stargazing, photography, astronomy, psychology, basically any science in general, playing with my pets, exercising, listening to music, stimming.

Why are you here? Asperger's/Autism

When were you diagnosed? Self dxd for about a year.

Favorite subjects: Astronomy and Trigonometry.

Year/Grade: College.

Favorite music: Rock, EDM, and lo-fi hip-hop.

Books: I haven't read books in a long time but I really enjoyed the Pendragon series and Harry Potter.

TV shows/Movies: Voltron, Perception, House, Parks and Rec.

Instrument: Can't play an instrument but I have an electric guitar and a piano.

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: I don't play any sports but I have a special interest in figure skating and hockey.

Family: 2 brothers, 2 sisters and a mom.

Clothing: I stick to a purple plaid jacket (hence my username), some type of space t-shirt, black pants and my black converse.

How did you find this website? I was researching my symptoms and stims and came across this website.

Plans for the future? I want to get a PhD in Astronomy and Astrophysics (its a spin for me as well)

Any comments? I really like this website and its given me some insight about myself.

Wut does "a spin" mean? :D

never heard that term used like that