Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 12:28 am

pawelk1986 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
my fave cartoon, "Tennessee tuxedo" :lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdHZJdKXBIQ[/youtube]

Cool cartoon: :) I remember that it was shown in Poland at one tv station.

was it subtitled or dubbed?

It was dubbed, you hear Polish voice-over but also original English in the background.

hmmm... could you still hear the original sound fx? those were the funniest part of the cartoon. :D

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 1:38 am

auntblabby wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
my fave cartoon, "Tennessee tuxedo" :lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdHZJdKXBIQ[/youtube]

Cool cartoon: :) I remember that it was shown in Poland at one tv station.

was it subtitled or dubbed?

It was dubbed, you hear Polish voice-over but also original English in the background.

hmmm... could you still hear the original sound fx? those were the funniest part of the cartoon. :D

Yes it was, the show was broadcast by TV station RTL 7.

I also liked this cartoon :D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB9WgQmw3VM[/youtube]
(Wezyr Nicponim) Iznogoud in orginal French, RTL 7 was good tv station, it wasn't cartoon station, but they show lot of cartoon from all over the world Tennessee tuxedo, Underdog, Mysterious Cities of Gold, "Heathcliff and the Catillac Cats" Anime whole Draonball series, Tom & Jerry, Iznogoud and many many others. But cartoon was only segment of their content, they also have good movies and some adult stuff :D
I remember once I could not sleep and I turn om tv on RTL 7 in the middle of the night, you and I saw, what according to Polish law teenage boy should not see, at least officially :D

Unfortunately, the good days are gone some 10 years ago, the station was bought by our Polish ITI Group, the owner of TVN station, and changed its name to TVN 7, now lend mainly old game show and tv series rerun and sh***y Spanish and South American soap operas :(

Last edited by pawelk1986 on 06 Jun 2014, 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 2:01 am

in America all the cartoons that were worth anything went to pay cable.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 3:10 am

auntblabby wrote:

My condolences :-(

Meanwhile, I can watch some episodes of (Wezyr Nicponim) Vizir Iznogoud, and "Mysterious Cities of Gold" and other old cartoon that i watched as kid. on youtube, but the episodes are no have Polish dubbing, but this is not a problem for me because I know English..

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 3:27 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Meanwhile, I can watch some episodes of (Wezyr Nicponim) Vizir Iznogoud, and "Mysterious Cities of Gold" and other old cartoon that i watched as kid. on youtube, but the episodes are no have Polish dubbing, but this is not a problem for me because I know English..

we had a top military man, general shalikashvili, who was from Poland, and he learned English in all its American idioms, from watching American entertainments. is that how you learned English also?

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 7:08 pm

auntblabby wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

we had a top military man, general shalikashvili, who was from Poland, and he learned English in all its American idioms, from watching American entertainments. is that how you learned English also?

it seems that's Shalikashvili is Georgian not Polish, he was born to refuges from Georgia (Country:-) ) when Georgia was annexed to USSR Some may be associated with the American State of the same name :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 7:09 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

it seems that's Shalikashvili is Georgian not Polish, he was born to refuges from Georgia (Country:-) ) when Georgia was annexed to USSR Some may be associated with the American State of the same name :D

sorry, my bad :oops:

SorriorDragneel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jun 2014, 4:39 am

auntblabby wrote:

Thgis pretty much. Also i would say alot of the better kids shows are better then so called adult shows. less focus on sex and violence and play more like primetime shows in the 80s. See Megatron in transformers Prime for one example..Guy got his bloody arm chopped of and wanted to WATCH it happen...Then there are shows like Young Justice Symbionic Titan and more..Sadly alot of the best ones got cancelled.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 8:41 pm

I watch cartoons geared for a more mature audience, such as stuff like Family Guy, The Venture Brothers, The Boondocks, etc.

Liz86
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jun 2014, 11:03 pm

South Park.

I'm over 60. I've watched cartoons all my life. I have animated films on my Netflix queue. (I know your question is about children's cartoons, and whether that's okay -- it is. But on the chance that your question extends to animated film generally, I would point out that the first Kill Bill has an extensive anime sequence.)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2014, 10:10 am

Liz86 wrote:
South Park.

I'm over 60. I've watched cartoons all my life. I have animated films on my Netflix queue. (I know your question is about children's cartoons, and whether that's okay -- it is. But on the chance that your question extends to animated film generally, I would point out that the first Kill Bill has an extensive anime sequence.)

How could I have forgotten South Park?!?!

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2014, 12:34 pm

There's nothing childish about the adventures of Rick and Morty!

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2014, 2:19 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
There's nothing childish about the adventures of Rick and Morty!

Let alone Ren and Stimpy ("Oh, ice cream bar. How I'd like to lick your creamy center!" Don't ask how this got past the censors, er, Standards and Practices.)

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2014, 6:44 am

I am 29 and I watch cartoons
(like looney tunes, anime (eg Samurai Pizza Cats) )

I have noticed that Adventure Time is quite popular amongst adults as well as kids here in Melbourne. At every convention there is a lot of adventure time merchandise for sale along with the dvds.