Page 4 of 12 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

AsahiPto17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Aug 2015, 8:53 pm

I'm an self diagnosed aspie 21 year old male currently living in Washington State. I'm about 5'11.5' and 140lbs with longish curly hair and blue eyes :p I am currently a student at TESC studying for a BSAST focusing on computers and electronics, which are some interests of mine.

I also like art and photography a lot. I used to take a lot more pictures, but I was on a bit of a hiatus for a while, then my camera was stolen. I also am not as good at drawing as I'd like to be. I like music too, things like Lorde, or electropop genre lately. I also play a few video games sometimes, but not a ton, I like Portal, Minecraft, and Bioshock.

My personality is quiet thoughtful, but I can also be talkative sometimes too, I am effectively "shy" though it's actually anxiety. I tend to over think things yet overlook other things sometimes. I took a few personality that said that I was androgynous which I think is kinda neat. I can be kinda moody sometimes, I feel like that is something that Asperger's effects in me. Not the best rendition of one's personality, but it's hard to figure out what to say about myself.

About relationships, I'd rather not jump into anything fast as I've been burned a few times that way online, but I'm definitely open to getting to know someone.

Crazyfool
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Aug 2015, 11:56 am

I didn't realize there were was a singles 2.0 edition, so I'm here to double my odds lol. My name is Josh I just turned 27 and I'm from Wisconsin. I haven't been formally diagnosed but there is no doubt in my mind that I do infact have Asperger's along with a few siblings of mine.

I'm can be somewhat out going for someone with AS, but I have my social limits and I still definitely need my down time and that's been the toughest part about dating NT women, because they usually don't understand or respect that. So I'm going on a limb here and hoping I might be able to find an Aspie women that I click with.

I'm a pretty easy going guy and I usually get along with most people. I absolutely love animals especially dog's and I have a black lab/ blue healer mix, she is 5 years old and she is so attached to me it's almost pathetic but I love her like she is my own flesh and blood, she's my life. I don't wanna say it's a dealbreaker because I don't believe in those, but chances are we wont mesh well if you don't like dogs.

I have an active and adventurous side to me and I love the outdoors. I really enjoy spending time outside camping, hiking, swimming, hunting, fishing, cooking out and playing Frisbee Golf. I'm also a bit of a fitness freak, I guess you can say it was my "special interest" for many years, but I really hate using that term. I don't enjoy running much but I'm trying to acquire a taste for it, but I love weight lifting and I try to be mindful of what I eat, so if you're interested in health and fitness that would be a huge plus for me.

I also need to spend equal amounts of time inside to let my "inner nerd" come out and play. I love bingeing on netflix but I prefer to download torrents of my favorite shows, new movies and documentaries...because netflix just doesn't have enough of what I like :P My favorite movie genre by is Sci-Fi but I also like comedies, action, and thrillers. I'm what people would call a "tinfoil hatter" because I absolutely love watching documentaries about conspiracies.

I enjoy gaming but I'm not a die-hard gamer by any means, I think I could probably easily end up being one though if I had the proper equipment:P Most video games are quite harsh on me sensory wise, it feels like it's just a lot to take in so I usually suck until I am able to memorize the game maps.

Hopefully I'll get an opportunity to talk to someone new, we'll see...

BtW I'm also interested in meeting new friends in the area male or female.

Thatz0NiceKilt
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Aug 2015, 1:56 pm

Hey Crazyfool (Josh from Wisconsin)! I was wondering, is your Dad single? Or your Mom?!? It really does not matter to me. I identify as hetero-flexible. You are too young for me, so I thought I would ask if you believe your Aspergers was passed from either of your Parents? I have four children, oldest Son (31yrs) is gay with Aspergers, and my youngest Daughter(11yrs) is reporting that she is pan-sexual and is Aspergers. I know that this is not the thread for discussion about Aspergers and genetics. So, back to my original question- any of you young-ins got any single Aspie ancestors? ;)

Crazyfool
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Aug 2015, 3:38 pm

Hey Nicekilt, my parents are still happily married, sorry I couldn't help lol. To answer your question, yes my dad also has aspergers and I believe we all inherited it through his genes. No daughters my age on the spectrum huh? Bummer for me too :|

Ohh well I'm going to be patient and persistent with this, I know there's a nice gal out there somewhere for me, that's on the spectrum.

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 8:13 pm

Chain smoking pescatarian sax player, ma in Literature, 58 yr old male heathen, Cheshire seeks unattached lady for eternal love.

Interests include: Dehumidification, rechargeable electrical items, words, Scandinavian cop shows and girdles.

LordRikerQ
Raven
Raven

31 Aug 2015, 8:35 am

Age 35

Gender Male

Interests Quantum Physics, Technology, Gaming, building things, Writing and Online Role-play.

Religion Buddhist

Location New Jersey, USA

What I'm doing with my life Ever learning, and striving to increase my knowledge and abilities

Who I am

I am intelligent, funny, unique, inquisitive, compassionate, passionate and creative. I enjoy challenges, and truth seeking. I've been through alot; abuse, loneliness, among other things, but instead of destroying me Its made me a great deal stronger. I know have a great deal to offer a woman that can accept me as I am.

What I seek

A woman I can form something special with. I want a team mate, to work together with on making a place in the world. I want someone I can have deep conversations with, someone who truly understands the challenges aspies face and which wishes mutual support.

QuietChaos
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Sep 2015, 7:49 am

Why not?

What i'm looking for: teenage, someone who i can have serious and silly discussions with, a couple shared interests would be nice, any religion is okay, looks don't mean anything, i don't intend on meeting anyone IRL, this would be strictly online
Job: Unemployed (for now)
Interests: Gaming, Comic Books, Writing, Fitness, Travel, Netflix
Smoke or Drink: don't now, don't intend to when i'm old enough
Religion: Atheist
Personality: not to sound cliche, but shy and distant when meeting someone, but i warm up to people that i like.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2015, 8:58 am

Don't seem to be too many Scandinavians here, but I'm sure it couldn't hurt, so here goes.

Build: 181 cm. Strong, broad-shouldered and reasonably fit.

Job: Boring Office Job (TM), plan to get into higher education again later in life.

Living arrangement: living on my own in three-room apartment.

What I'm looking for (in potential partner): 20-30ish female with an interesting mind, a sense of humor and a healthy-ish body.

What I'm looking for (in general acquaintances): Interesting people for conversations with varying degrees of seriousness.

Interests: Gaming, Science, Literature, Nature, Martial Arts/Fitness, Sporadic Creative Writing.

Games I play: RPGs like Mass Effect and Fallout, generic shooters and the occasional strategy or sim game.

TV-Series I enjoy: Game of Thrones, the Walking Dead, Criminal Minds, Firefly, the Blacklist, Suits, Community, Breaking Bad, Sherlock.

Books I read: Pretty much a literary omnivore. For fiction I love relatively grounded fantasy like Game of Thrones or Sci-Fi towards the harder end of the Moh scale. I also enjoy non-fiction, biographies of interesting people, and sometimes a science textbook or two.

Webcomics I follow: XKCD, Girl Genius, Questionable Content, Freefall.

Music: Machinae Supremacy, Sonata Arctica, Disturbed, Raubtier, Rammstein, Depeche Mode, Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

Smoke or Drink: non-smoker, enjoys drinking occasionally. Prefer red wine, whisky or liqeur over most other alcoholic beverages.

Religion: Atheist. While I do get into some rather heated debates on that topic online, I try not to be an ass about in real life.

Personality: I can initially come across as stiff and formal, but I'm not quite as boring as I sound, I promise. It's mostly a shield covering nervousness and inexperience in meeting and interacting with new people. I also have a very analytical mind, and a strong tendency to overthink everything, so one might say I'm self-sustaining on stress. I can also come across as always wanting to be the smartest person in the room. While I do value intellect, both in myself and others, this isn't intended as arrogance. More positive aspects of my personality include lojalty and sincerity. Despite my somewhat cynical outlook, can't help but trying to be as kind as I can to people. I have a dry, slightly morbid sense of humor, strongly geared towards irony and, contrary to the aspie stereotype, I speak fluent sarcasm. Also, puns get funnier the more painful they are.

in short, slightly obsessive introvert tentatively looking for company.

the mugshot:

Contacting me: feel free to PM me here, or I could give you my Gmail, Steam ID or Battle.net ID. I don't have an IM service besides those at the moment, but I'm sure that could be rectified.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2015, 11:59 am

Crazyshy42 wrote:
Well, not sure if I'll find anyone here who's interested but it's worth a shot. :P

Oh I'm interested. But it's not gonna happen since I'm from Europe.

Niall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: Forth Estuary Area, Western Palearctic Archipelago, Sol III, Orion Spur, Milky Way

20 Oct 2015, 5:26 am

I'm an aspie (male, 43) currently near Edinburgh, Scotland, looking for the right person (probably female) to settle down with on a self-sufficient, sustainable smallholding somewhere. I'm more interested in woodland gardening than something like true permaculture (think Martin Crawford or Dave Jacke more than Bill Mollison: if these names mean nothing to you then we probably have a lot of work to do). I'm open to suggestions on location, but I have my eye on Galicia.

I love wildlife (rarely without my binoculars!) woods, mountains, hiking and general outdoors stuff.

Things you need to know, on the basis of being honest and up front from the start. I have a special interest in ecosystems, and see woodland gardening as an opportunity to design one more or less from scratch while supporting myself and doing something positive for the planet. Like many aspies I do come with a certain amount of emotional baggage (and an overactive fear response: a smallholding would be a much easier place to function!).

I think neurodiversity is almost as important as biodiversity (for related reasons). I'm intensely loyal in a relationship. I do a lot better in the woods than in a city. You may need to know that I'm vegan. Systematic persistence comes with the neurotype - I keep worrying at a problem until I solve it.

I would much prefer it if the person I start this project with was also my life partner. I seem to be exclusively heterosexual. I'm not good around human children, and expressly do not want any (I don't want you leaving in 5 years if kids are more important than me and our home). I'm not hung up on many of the things most humans seem to be, so details like your height, weight, age (within limits for that last!! !) and so on should not put you off. I want to find someone emotionally and intellectually compatible.

I also really, really want to get on with this. I've been badly messed around already, and it was a major setback on many levels, but I don't really feel I can continue trying to fit in with what I feel is an alien (and certainly morally abhorrent) dominant culture. I would most likely get on with someone equally alternative, probably with a left-wing ethos (more Kropotkin and Goldman than Marx, maybe with a good dash of deep ecology philosophy), and not afraid to get your hands dirty.

If this sounds like you, I'd love to hear from you.

Stuck on some pre-FTL rationality-forsaken mudball in the Orion Spur. Ecological collapse (dominant-species induced major extinction event) imminent. Requesting passage to any post-scarcity biological civ. Beacon status: ACTIVE. Can tell stories.

WolfClaw99
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Oct 2015, 4:57 pm

I'm not really sure what the target age demographic is here but...

Hi I'm Joseph, I am 16 years and live in the San Joaquin Valley in California (Fresno-Madera-Clovis area). I was diagnosed with Asperger's at age 10 and I also have ADHD.

Appearence: Tall; 6'1(185.42 cm), short-medium dark brown hair, brown eyes, slightly red cheeks and nose, broad shoulders, white.

I am Hispanic/Caucasian

Interests: being outdoors( hunting, hiking, camping, and stargazing), listening to older music(30's 40's Swing, 50's Rock n' Roll, 80's hard rock and metal etc.), Animals, Video Games( FPS, racing, action, fighting, adventure), reading( fiction and nonfiction (war/military, adventure, action, fantasy), learning about history( world history, warfare, and weaponry), cartoons ( mostly classic like Looney Toons and Tom & Jerry), anime( Naruto, pokemon, FMA, Durarara!!. I'm trying to get into more.

I have steam, fb, twitter, tumblr, skype, and google hangouts. you will have to pm me if you want those. I am not very fond of dating, especially online and long distance, but I am willing to give it a go. If you live nearby then it would be easier. I am also looking for friendships as well.

I'm interested in a woman who is caring, thoughtful, and understanding. Someone who has a great personality and a fantastic sense of humor. Someone who isn't afraid of getting a bit dirty and is tough. Someone who doesn't really mind cuddling or compliments. Someone who likes some of the things I like.

WherEmEweeD
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Nov 2015, 5:23 pm

Ross
ADD sufferer
don't see many around here feel lonely. hate my own voice.
rugby, football, gaming and motocross
ladies pm me for facebook chats...

thisischris
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Nov 2015, 7:55 am

Not sure how to type this all out, and I don't want to copy one of my dating profiles so I'll do my best lol.

My name is Chris. I'm 36 years old. ADD, Aspergers, clinical depression and anxiety. 6 feet tall and around 300 pounds. I live in Springfield, Oregon and though I prefer to stay local, I try not to limit myself as far as distance goes. Age and size doesn't matter. As long as there is chemistry and we hit it off. I've loved the arts ever since I was young when I started drawing cartoons and got into music. Then as I grew up I branched out into drawing real life things and writing short stories, along with getting into movies. My muse is all over the place, depending on what I'm into at the moment. I also follow sports though I'm not as into them as I used to be. I'm somewhat shy and self conscious, and have for years worked on those things, or at least fake it so to speak. But that gets draining and it's getting harder to do. Ideally I would like to find someone who I can just be myself, not have to be anxious and worry. Just be comfortable and relax. And also find someone who's into the quirky things I'm into like music, movie or art wise. I'm not sure what specifics to put, so I'll leave that up to anyone to message me and ask. I want to make it clear that to keep the stress and expectations low, we can start out as friends and see where things go. I just got out of a year long, long distance relationship back in March and learned a lot since then. And I know exactly what I want and what I'm looking for, it's all a matter of finding that someone who fits. I've included a few pics that I think show me in the best possible way. If any women are interested, feel free to send me a message!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 9e0ee06f8b

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... d52c6d8de1

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2015, 12:44 am

I'm male, live in Northern California and am looking for a woman. I am, however, open to getting to know people of either sex who live anywhere as long as we're compatible, as I'm looking to feel less isolated in general.

I'm 30 in chronological years, but I'm a firm believer in the "age is just a number" thing, because inside I'm a VERY eclectic mix of ages. People say I look mid-20s, give off the emotional energy of a teenager, yet when it comes to areas such as my critical thinking skills and intellectual sophistication, they say I seem much older. I also have dealt with health issues and missed quite some milestones for that reason (though I did graduate from undergrad). If you're trying to judge compatibility, though, I probably would click best with someone who either lives with parents/at college or has only recently moved out, is still finding her place in the world, isn't too busy with her career, and loves learning for the sake of it even if she isn't still in school. So probably 18-35ish realistically, though for sure don't be shy if you're outside this range yet feel compatible otherwise!

Interests: Biochemistry, other science, nature, photography, other art (like dogs also but they aren't so much an "interest").
Music tastes: Various, mostly more melodic pop and country/folk
Personality: Generally good-natured and very much a "dreamer", though I have a hyperness about me and can come across as quite intense
Religion: Agnostic

What I'm looking for: Someone who really stops to smell the flowers and look at the trees, and is genuinely curious about the beauty and structure of the universe (beyond the world of humans, that is!). A lifelong learner. Someone who is disinterested in "rat-races" and social climbing or status. Probably an idealist and/or "hopeless romantic" like myself--by that I mean just that for each part cynicism, she has at least five parts innocent wonder. I actually tend to like non-scientists better than other scientists, at least ones in my own field. I feel we have more to share if we approach the world through different "lenses".

andyfzr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Dec 2015, 7:54 am

Hi, my name is Andy and I'm a straight male living in the Peak district UK. I like to rock climeb and walk so living here is a bonus in that respect. I am now 49 although I don't look it or feel it but I am aware that the clocks ticking and its scaring me a little. I'm a very sexual person when I get past the initial meeting and talking to girls. I find it hard to talk to anyone till I get to know them and really struggle with social situations so people usuall just assume I'm a bit odd which you get used to after many years. I love fixing things and pulling things apart as I love to know how things work. I find physics,space and especially the quantum world fscinating although I don't profess to really understand it all fully. Ive not been getting out much lately and the depression is setting in and strong feelings of lonliness so I would love to meet someone even if it just involves chatting on here to boost my confidence a little. Ive not had many girlfriends over the years and never dated an aspie so I think I may connect better if I were to find someone who understands me more. I'm not into girly girls with all the make up, nails and perfume. I like intelligent women like Susie Dent from the UK quiz show countdown for example although who knows till I get to know someone. I'm physically very fit probably due to the rock climbing and I like to go walking and camping in the countryside in the summer. I used to like festivals but not been to any for a while and I love music. I like motorbikes but not got one at the moment, I just have the car for now but I'm hoping to get a new bike in the summer. Thanks for checking me out and hopefully I will get a message or two.

LittleMidnightSnack
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Dec 2015, 3:50 am

Hey there, I am a 21 year old Aspie woman who is currently living in Australia. Right now, I'm studying for a degree in Digital Media and I hope to someday create my own films with the skills I have learned overtime. Here are some basic facts about me:

Interests: Animated Films and TV Shows, Sociology, Psychology, Computer Security.
Hobbies: Sketching, Painting, Writing Novels, Playing Video Games, Listening to Radio Shows.
Music tastes: Mellow dream pop/rock tunes such as Tame Impala and Passion Pit.
Personality: Introverted and quiet, yet friendly and easy-going. Sometimes jokey and outgoing.
Religion: Agnostic.

Also: I am a little nervous about the subject of dating, considering the fact that I'm in my 20's and still don't have much experience compared to my friends and siblings, so I'm looking for someone who is willing to be patient with me if I decide I want to go slow in terms of specific relationship milestones (first date, first kiss, first time, etc.). But it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

My OkCupid profile can be found here, as well as a lovely picture of my face: http://www.okcupid.com/profile/little-midnight
Hopefully the above link will work...

But still, I look forward to talking to you! :)

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 153 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 69 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)