Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 5:21 pm

...One?? reason I went on and on here is that I'm on a comics fan site where I' m in the closet about being homeless, and the Big Finisg Whos have been disussed a lot there. Some people actually have collections :cry: .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 11:00 pm

aspienhermit wrote:
Does anyone know a site I can watch the Classic Doctor's for free?

Nope but for 7 bucks a month Britbox.com has all but the missing episodes of Classic Who.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 10:01 am

GallifreyGal wrote:
I got to page 30 of this forum and realized there are no Doctor Who Forums. So does anyone out there also like DW?

HELL YES.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 10:05 am

ASS-P wrote:
...One?? reason I went on and on here is that I'm on a comics fan site where I' m in the closet about being homeless, and the Big Finisg Whos have been disussed a lot there. Some people actually have collections :cry: .

Big Finish are CD audio adventures similar to the old radio shows. They are a lower level of cannon than the TV show--the TV show is primary canon to which they must align. However, they are the main medium for Paul McGanns Doctor and John Hurts as well, and they do fill the gap between Old Who and New Who nicely. They are also very expensive--$15 per disc.

You do have options to see the main show. One is You Tube, the other is public libraries. Many have TV show DVDs and the equipment on which to watch them.

DaughterOfAule
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Oct 2017, 8:34 am

thewrll wrote:
DaughterOfAule wrote:
My issue with it is that I really want Capaldi to stay and get some better written plots. I love Capaldi as the Doctor, for some reason I really related to him and he instantly became my favourite Doctor (then Tom Baker, then all the others fall close behind). I especially related to the way he reacted to hugs! My sister looked right at me and said, "that is you when I try to hug you!", and it is, arms out and everything XD

I did love a few of the episodes ("Hell Bent", "World Enough and Time", and "The Doctor Falls" off the top of my head) but a lot of the episodes seemed to have very shallow plots. I do think that this last season with Bill was a bit better than the other two though.

Though I was completely against the idea of the Doctor being female (I'm afraid it'll cause to much of a shift in the show for the sake of having a female Doctor rather than the Doctor just happening to be female) I'm definitely going to give her a chance. As long as the Doctor still acts like the Doctor, I'll be happy. I kind of hope she still has some of Capaldi's somewhat grumpy 2,000 and something year old alien attitude :P

I am extremely happy there is a woman Doctor but I do with Capaldi had been with the show a lot longer. In the US we have NCIS with Gibbs and Abby and Ducky being there for all 15 seasons. We see Doctor Who and a Doctor doesn't last beyond 3 seasons. Really? I just want really snarky characters.

I love NCIS! Abby and Ducky happen to be my favourites :P
I agree about wanting snarky characters. I had a random "revelation" a while ago that most of my favourite characters are usually quite snarky :P

aspienhermit wrote:
Does anyone know a site I can watch the Classic Doctor's for free?

I found a good number of them on Dailymotion.com. It can be a bit difficult to find exactly what you want sometimes and you definitely need some kind of ad blocker. I usually find the episodes I want by typing in "Doctor Who" followed by the title and sometimes adding "part 2" or whatever part you need to find. I use the Doctor Who serials wikipedia page to see which episode is next.

"I do not wish to evade the world
Yet I will forever build my own" - Tuomas Holopainen

JVM23
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Oct 2017, 10:49 am

Of course, I'm even considering penning a script and sending it to the creative team in hopes of achieving a credit. But I'm overly cautious about that given my status as an autistic person and the fear of not being taken seriously as a writer (what I'm worried about is being patronised and turned down by people who undervalue my iQ).