Journalist who covered Israelis cheering bombing has been fi

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 1:50 pm

I would probably be cheering too if I had been under rocket bombardment.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 2:00 pm

AspE wrote:
Some people care more about their own people rather than how they are perceived.

Apparently some countries think the interests of their people take precedence over the human rights of others.

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 2:07 pm

Humanaut wrote:
I would probably be cheering too if I had been under rocket bombardment.

Considering 9 out of 10 firecrackers are detonated in mid-air, i would wager their cheering is fuelled more by their general obnoxious demeanour and ignorant foam-mouthed, cargo shorted, bro-dude racism than by any legitimate sense of persecution.

My deviant art profile

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 2:33 pm

Are you suggesting that the relative contrast between Palestinian ineptitude and Israeli ingenuity should be held against the Israelis as a form of racism?

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 2:41 pm

thomas81 wrote:
AspE wrote:
Some people care more about their own people rather than how they are perceived.

Apparently some countries think the interests of their people take precedence over the human rights of others.

If their "interest" is not getting killed, then yes, of course. Hamas is bombing them, what do you expect them to do?

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 2:54 pm

Humanaut wrote:
Are you suggesting that the relative contrast between Palestinian ineptitude and Israeli ingenuity should be held against the Israelis as a form of racism?

Please. Have a analytical span of more than this current bloodshed.

The entire essence of Israel is based on the ideal that Jews are superior to, and therefore seperable to arabs. Israel isn't just racist, it is entirely predicated on racism.

Arabs and Jews had lived amicably for centuries in Palestine until the 1920's.

My deviant art profile

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 2:58 pm

thomas81 wrote:
Humanaut wrote:

The entire essence of Israel is based on the ideal that Jews are superior to, and therefore seperable to arabs. Israel isn't just racist, it is entirely predicated on racism.

Right, the 1920's, when the Jews dared to express political power in a traditionally Islamic area. That's the problem, Islamic supremacy. For Jews it isn't a matter of feeling superior. Many think the lesson of the Holocaust was to unite as one for self-defence, and I don't blame them.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 2:59 pm

AspE wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
AspE wrote:

If their "interest" is not getting killed, then yes, of course. Hamas is bombing them, what do you expect them to do?

Under the current context, listening to Israel whining about its persecutions is worse than listening to a spoilt child that won't eat its dinner while in the background there is children starving in the third world.

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 3:10 pm

AspE wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
Humanaut wrote:

Right, the 1920's, when the Jews dared to express political power in a traditionally Islamic area. That's the problem, Islamic supremacy. For Jews it isn't a matter of feeling superior. Many think the lesson of the Holocaust was to unite as one for self-defence, and I don't blame them.

There is a signicant problem there in that many Jews, including those directly affected by the Holocaust do not identify with Israel and another large group of them feel deeply insulted that another persecution is being carried out in the name of their suffering.

There is also the further added problem here for Israeli supporters that when it began, it wasn't even a Jewish project. It was created by the British as a quick fix to solve the 'Jewish problem' itself pretty anti semitic by implying that the west should not provide sanctuary to the Jews.

Even in the talmud, A Jewish government is prohibited until the arrival of the Jewish messiah. For Jews to do otherwise it is considered by Rabbis to be an act of rebellion against God. Israel is wrong politically, morally and even theologically.

My deviant art profile

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 3:24 pm

thomas81 wrote:

There is a signicant problem there in that many Jews, including those directly affected by the Holocaust do not identify with Israel and another large group of them feel deeply insulted that another persecution is being carried out in the name of their suffering.

That's their right. But many more do. I bet most holocaust survivors live in Israel. Listen, where have Muslims since the 19th century been friendly to people of other religions, or even other sects of Islam? Even in the past Jews were subject to punitive taxation for being not Muslim. In the Ottoman Empire, Jews weren't equal citizens, they couldn't ride horses, they couldn't own weapons, they had to pay a special tax, it was allowed to throw stones on them and spit on them.

Quote:
There is also the further added problem here for Israeli supporters that when it began, it wasn't even a Jewish project. It was created by the British as a quick fix to solve the 'Jewish problem' itself pretty anti semitic by implying that the west should not provide sanctuary to the Jews.

You might not know your history that well, but the West was in fact extremely anti-Semitic. They would not provide sanctuary to many refugees of WWII. Yes, it was a British project, but it was influenced by prominent Zionists.

Quote:
Even in the talmud, A Jewish government is prohibited until the arrival of the Jewish messiah. For Jews to do otherwise it is considered by Rabbis to be an act of rebellion against God. Israel is wrong politically, morally and even theologically.

Judaism, unlike many other religions, encourages a lively debate on what their holy books mean. Zionism was a secular movement and I for one don't give a crap what the ancient Jews thought about anything. The Jews who think Israel shouldn't exist for religious reasons are a small minority.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2014, 7:12 pm

It could be argued that the conflict is just another evolutionary process, and the Palestinians look set to win...

...the Darwin Award.