Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2014, 12:43 am

Well, I was just reminded once more how since almost everything I like is supposedly only for kids (like cartoons, toys, and video games with an E, E 10+ or even T rating), and therefore I must be treated like a serial killer who slowly eats babies alive in front of their parent's eyes. (Actually, some sickos might find *that* more acceptable) It's just so stupid to judge someone based only on their interests that don't hurt anyone but people on the internet won't stop doing it. You may as well hate people for their skin color, which a lot of people still do. I think most human beings are cruel and evil by nature, and not truly happy unless they make someone else suffer just for being different. Well I can't say I'm not guilty of being a hater, either. I hate human beings so much sometimes it causes pain all over my body.

Some people never seem to care or pay attention no matter what trollishness is hurled at them. I think the only way I'll ever be able to do that is by becoming completely deaf and blind. :(

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2014, 2:27 am

Lostonearth35, I can relate. I have more feelings towards animals than people. Animals are dependable, people betray you. Never mind your hobbies -- I have a huge collection of Lego and Mecchano, and I simply love them. I like the way they are constructed to snap into adjacent parts.

And I am 61.

Moomingirl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2014, 2:40 am

Sorry you have obviously run into some idiots. If you enjoy stuff for kids who cares? As long as you are not hurting anyone.

Some people are just natural trolls. Try to ignore them.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2014, 9:15 am

There are strange animals also. Mostly cats it seems
who appear friendly but when you go to pet them
they attack. My experience talking with cat owners
makes me believe the cat is sick or has been hurt in
some way.....Just the same as what happens to humans,
I believe.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2014, 1:34 pm

I hate everyone!

In fact I have recently began my quest in telling everyone who I meet, that I hate everyone.

It's quite liberating in a sense.

I've never enjoyed myself so much in my entire f*****g life.

katiesBoyfriend
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

23 Aug 2014, 3:42 pm

Krabo wrote:
Lostonearth35, I can relate. I have more feelings towards animals than people. Animals are dependable, people betray you. Never mind your hobbies -- I have a huge collection of Lego and Mecchano, and I simply love them. I like the way they are constructed to snap into adjacent parts.

And I am 61.

There's nothing wrong with Lego. I had lots of that stuff when I was younger and it provided me with hours--heck, days--of fun. It must have done me some good as I eventually studied engineering in university, earning 4 degrees, including a Ph. D. in electrical and computer engineering.

People scoff at adults working with Lego. I used to be an instructor at a tech college and I utilized it when I taught drafting. I encouraged my students to start a junk box, full of odds, ends, and nick-nacks, not to play with but to help them to visualize the things they were designing. Just about every designer I worked with in industry used stuff like Lego, pipe cleaners, and plasticene for just that purpose.

katiesBoyfriend
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

23 Aug 2014, 3:57 pm

I'm often reminded of something I heard author Harlan Ellison say in a radio interview a long time ago: "The more I know people, the better I like dogs."
:mrgreen:

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2014, 5:28 pm

are preaching to the converted OP,really hate humans so much sometimes.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2014, 9:35 pm

The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2014, 9:49 pm

I don't particularly care for human beings either, but they must be tolerated

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 11:07 pm

to borrow from henry kissenger, it seems 90% of 'em give the other 10% a bad rep.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 11:31 pm

i've started bringing earplugs to school and so far they've served me well.

i'd like to live alone, on a hillside overlooking the taiga, by a calm, glassy rosy frigid-lake, with only rodents, fish and cockateils for company.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 1:16 pm

Humans have an exceptional talent for destroying beautiful things.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 2:32 pm

persian85033 wrote:
Humans have an exceptional talent for destroying beautiful things.

so do termites. :P

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 8:54 pm

in some manner the earth may consider us akin to termintes or some other kind of infestation.

RustDogofAus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Sep 2014, 10:50 pm

If playing and watching stuff intended for children floats your boat, go for it. You aren't hurting others, so anyone giving you lip about it can go sit on a rusty tak.
As for your jadedness with humans, quite understandable. Humans tend to do things without rhyme or reason and can be cruel just for the hell of it because it tickles their selfish sociopathic tendencies. Though to give humanity some credit, some humans are ok.