Do people with Asperger's remain virgins for life?

Page 6 of 12 [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

danieldoesnotexist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 May 2017, 2:16 am

Of course not. We aren't clones of each other who have the exact same experiences and ways of thinking. I threw away the v-card like 8 months ago and I'm 14. Some of us are just better at verbal communication than others.

Best of luck!

wtf

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2017, 2:19 am

danieldoesnotexist wrote:
Of course not. We aren't clones of each other who have the exact same experiences and ways of thinking. I threw away the v-card like 8 months ago and I'm 14. Some of us are just better at verbal communication than others.

Best of luck!
Woah!, that's half the age I was. You just won the thread!

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 7:18 am

dunno. personally i know i will die a virgin. i don't have asperger's,though.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 2:12 pm

It all starts with meeting people. That's what's hard for me. My life consists of going to work and going home from work. I'm not going to meet anyone at either location. Why is that all I do? I can't think of anything else I want to go do by myself. Occasionally I'll take my dog for a walk at a park or go someplace to shoot some photos but when I do that, I'm by myself. It seems that whenever I do decide to try something different, only other guys and old people participate.

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

04 May 2017, 3:37 pm

we all do

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jul 2017, 3:16 pm

based on how severely awkward we appear to nt women & girls of our own age,teen or adult,we all do,every single one of us :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

11 Sep 2017, 6:43 pm

we all do,every single one of us,and i'm better off as a virgin anyway,that is until i meet a female aspie,if i ever do or i use a giant-stuffed bear as a sex toy (i was 11 or 12 when i first heard it)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 7:56 pm

JaredGTALover wrote:
based on how severely awkward we appear to nt women & girls of our own age,teen or adult,we all do,every single one of us :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

I was 15... We don't all.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kaedatiger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Sep 2017, 8:02 pm

I wouldn't say that not dating is "typical". Sure, there are a few asexuals/ aromantics among us, as well as individuals with other reasons why they choose not to date or engage in sex. But it's not uncommon for aspies to engage in all types of romantic and sexual relationships.

The most difficult time to date is in your teen years, when your peers are shallow, impatient, and too fresh to have any relationship skills. But if you do some research (flirting, body language, dealing with conflict, fostering intimacy, etc.) you can get a rough idea of how to start. After that it's a matter of meeting people and getting the practice in.

My most successful strategy, personally, is just to go out periodically and meet new friends through mutual friends and/ or shared activities. Eventually, one of those people catches my interest, we get to know each other more, and something develops between us.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 9:14 pm

metalab wrote:
Its really easy to get sex if you want it.

It is? That's news to me.

metalab wrote:
You just have go out and learn to talk social and read body language.

So it actually isn't easy. My current life is actually quite "social"; I now meet people every day, I work as a volunteer where I have to speak to complete strangers, and about a third of the people in town know who I am, but that hasn't improved my chances. It's entirely possible that many have flirted with me over the last nine years since I moved to my current location, but if they did it went completely unnoticed. I just cannot ready "body language", in spite of the progress I have made in trying to improve my social skills, and no matter how hard I try. Some things are just not possible to learn I guess (well, not for me anyway).

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 9:16 pm

kaedatiger wrote:
My most successful strategy, personally, is just to go out periodically and meet new friends through mutual friends and/ or shared activities. Eventually, one of those people catches my interest, we get to know each other more, and something develops between us.

Mind if I quote this for use later in another thread?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Sep 2017, 9:30 pm

Aspergers is thought to be genetic so we'd be extinct by now if we all remained virgins for life.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 9:38 pm

nick007 wrote:
Aspergers is thought to be genetic so we'd be extinct by now if we all remained virgins for life.

Unless it's likely blue-eyes or sickle cell. You get one copy you pass it, you get two copies you express it. Two 'daywalkers' partnered could be passing two copies of the genes to their ASDpire offspring. :lol:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 10:16 pm

nick007 wrote:

Maybe it's not genetic. A genetic link to autism and/or A.S. has never actually been established.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Sep 2017, 1:36 am

I met a girl a few years ago who was perfect for me to be honest but I know due to my status I could never actually be with her in the way she deserves and so I let her go. But to answer your question yes you will get one at least one, everybody gets ONE. At least thats what peter was told by spidey.

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

12 Sep 2017, 6:03 am

funeralxempire wrote:
JaredGTALover wrote:

I was 15... We don't all.

and that’s why i prefer female aspies