Do you use your real name on social media?

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2014, 2:38 pm

Protogenoi wrote:
nope, I didn't use my real name. Then I deleted my accounts.

I want to delete my accounts sometimes

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2014, 2:38 pm

EzraS wrote:
Don't use social media except forums, where I always use my real name Ezra. On a couple of occasions have used my middle name/nick name Shea. Since Ezra had already been taken here I went with EzraS.

I use social media sometimes but not always i prefer forums because on social media everyone there knows who I am because I already used my real name

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2014, 8:47 pm

No, and I still don't.

WildTaltos
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2014, 11:20 pm

i use my first real name on facebook. any other site is usually WildTaltos because i can remember that

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2014, 11:59 am

I use my real name on Facebook, my first name in some places where I don't mind (usually places where there is a community), and just a username in places where I want to be completely anonymous.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2014, 12:17 pm

Ohh thanks everyone :) for answering, I conclude that most people don't give so much information about themselves

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2014, 1:11 pm

babybird wrote:
I don't use my real name full stop. Full Stop.

^ This.

andyfzr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Sep 2014, 5:33 pm

no way, are you mad!

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2014, 12:32 am

I use my username online whenever I create a new account. And my twitter has my real name(I originally did it for SEO value) so when you google me, you'll get my name. It's long past the time when I could take this decision back, so I try not to worry about it too much.

Myers-Briggs: INTJ
AQ: 44

Oren
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2014, 12:38 am

My middle name, which is an old family name Also, I do like it quite a lot.

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2014, 3:23 am

Quote:
I just don't want it posted on the forum so anybody can Google it, or people just randomly call me to b***h at me about some post I made that upset them or something.

Indeed Olive Oil Mom. My legal team will be contacting you to discuss a matter of slander which I have dated 06/06/2014 6:22 A.M. G.M.T-1.00. Several injurious statements were made regarding the following individuals whose interests I represent: Arthur, Barney the Dinosaur, Dora the explorer, Mr Smee, Stuart Little and others of similar good name.

There's nowhere to hide!

:lol:

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

SignOfLazarus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2014, 7:27 pm

johnsmcjohn wrote:
I use my username online whenever I create a new account. And my twitter has my real name(I originally did it for SEO value) so when you google me, you'll get my name. It's long past the time when I could take this decision back, so I try not to worry about it too much.

you have actual concern about people finding out who you are? that's beyond surprising.

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2014, 7:11 pm

SignOfLazarus wrote:
johnsmcjohn wrote:

you have actual concern about people finding out who you are? that's beyond surprising.

It's already happened. Which is why I don't worry about it.

Myers-Briggs: INTJ
AQ: 44

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2014, 7:45 pm

Ive had so many "ground swallow me whole" moments over the last decade or so that im approaching the point where I just dont actually care anymore. I dont use any real names on social media but that whole attitude feeds online paranoia. Whether this paranoia is justified or not is another issue entirely.

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2014, 8:21 pm

I use my real name on facebook and my maiden name. I have used my nickname here and posted my real name but no last name.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2014, 8:15 am

andyfzr wrote:
no way, are you mad!

Yes , Yes I am woof woof

Yours

Master Julien Froidevaux :wink: