illinois state acheivment test is blowing up in my face

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

squier
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2007, 7:00 pm

so the state where i live in passed this law about 2 or 3 years ago, it's called the no child left behind act, good idea, right? well its been causing me some problems...
now don't get me wrong, i LOVE school, i enjoy every minute of it, i even enjoy the yearly ISAT (abbreviation of the title) which was made manditory by the NCLB act, and i was excited when they told us a few days ago that we were gonna start the yearly ISATs, that is, until we talked about the changes that they made from last years.
here is the one change that really ticked me off, these tests were set up so kids who are falling behind, or for some other reason were having trouble with school could be addressed approriately, and if a school's average score was low, then address the way they teach:
one of the changes was that in the extended response to the passages they gave us, we now also have to explain things that they are trying to get accross to us that ISN'T stated. now if i am correct this is exploding in blagoyavich, ( govoner of IL) the ledgislative branch, the school, and my face! they should know us aspies can't comprehend that stuff! they are leaving children behind! this thing is supposed to address the probems of students and other stuff, they stated in that act that if it is because of a disorder, a failure to answer questions correctly kinda thing, then that form of question isn't part of the test!! !! !! !! !!

my book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/710903