Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 7:25 pm

Ok I finished watching Tokyo Drift and noticed that Han died. But I saw the 6th one last year and Han was in the 6th one? Did Han somehow survived the 6th one? Han must be one lucky man! ?
This is weird. Or in actuality would Tokyo Drift occur AFTER the 6th one?
So in order of timeline

The Fast and Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
Fast and Furious
Fast Five
Fast and Furious 6
Fast and Furious:Tokyo Drift

Also in the first one, what is MAPD? I heard of LAPD. The scene is when Vince is hurt and Brian OConner is calling for help and says that he's off duty MAPD? :/

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 7:32 pm

I've only seen bits and pieces of the films, but here's the chronology I found online:

The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
Fast & Furious
Fast Five
Fast & Furious 6
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
Furious 7

No idea what MAPD is. Google wasn't very helpful. A fictional police department, obviously, but I couldn't tell you what city the MA represents.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 5:30 am

I'm a fan, even though I don't drive. The order is correct. I waiting for the seventh movie. I'm glad they changed the name. Fast & Furious 7 sounded anti-climactic.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 6:12 am

^

I can't think of a film series with more screwed-up titles. Not even the Rambo series (First Blood, Rambo, Rambo III, Rambo) was this bad. Everyone thought 2 Fast 2 Furious was a joke when it was announced, and Fast & Furious is the exact same title as the first movie with the word "the" removed. I read somewhere that the on-screen title of Fast & Furious 6 is simply Furious 6, which makes it sound a lot nicer sitting next to Fast Five, but they never used that title in the marketing. And now Furious 7, which is fine, but it just sounds like they're not even trying anymore.

Not that the titles matter much, especially when anyone can look up the series on Wikipedia and see the correct order. Only the quality of the films matters, and I've been told that they've only gotten better with each installment, which is rare for any film series. Still, the title situation has been a disaster. I can't wait to hear what they call the next one.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 9:33 am

About the first movie, does have it on DVD and if so do you have bonus features on it? I was watching the first deleted scene where Brian walks Mia to her car. In the scene you see only these two people, but for some odd reason you can hear another male voice in the background. Very strange. ?

Oh so Han escaped death in Fast and Furious 6? He really did die in Tokyo Drift.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 4:19 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
About the first movie, does have it on DVD and if so do you have bonus features on it? I was watching the first deleted scene where Brian walks Mia to her car. In the scene you see only these two people, but for some odd reason you can hear another male voice in the background. Very strange. ?

Oh so Han escaped death in Fast and Furious 6? He really did die in Tokyo Drift.

He did die. Fast and Furious 6 happened before Tokyo Drift. They just decided to make his death the result of Owen Shaw's brother's revenge.

With Paul Walker dead, they plan on retiring Brian, but not by killing him off, they said.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

25 Nov 2014, 10:55 pm

KyleTheGhost wrote:
luvsterriers wrote:

He did die. Fast and Furious 6 happened before Tokyo Drift. They just decided to make his death the result of Owen Shaw's brother's revenge.

With Paul Walker dead, they plan on retiring Brian, but not by killing him off, they said.

That was strange. Your post was in white, I couldn't read it. Figured it might have been some strange subliminal message or something. I can read it now :D .

I only liked the first movie. I am a car guy. The first one was pritty close to actual reality as far as the way the cars were set up and stuff. Except for that rotary rx8, and the VW jetta. Those are big fat turdpiles. it was funny to do still shots with the under hood pics. It looked like they just threw some colored wire looms and stuff around for extra bling. When they were under hood, like fixing things, they had no idea what they were even hanging onto, or doing. And the whole NOS thing, with the button on the steering wheel. No idea how, and when to use that stuff. When the guy said "I need more NOS". haha!! Gimme a break. looked good in pictures. Kind of comedic to me. Nice story line. that supra was cool. 2jz-gte twin turbos are really nice right out of the box. I want one. The other movies got pritty unrealistic with the driving, and really didn't have enough technical stuff in it to interest me. They weren't about cars. Most people aren't into that stuff anyways. I guess the turn off for me was the fact that it was about cars, but really didn't have much to do with cars. People just drive them around. Drifting to me is silly too. You go faster when you don't do it? Go awd, and don't drift. You win. I have never seen a "drifting" race with someone out there that doesn't do it. That would be funny. He would win. I guess it is all about style or something?

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 5:47 am

Sorry. The background here used to be blue and green, so you could see my white text, but not anymore. I can't change those posts, but I can change the ones I make now by using a different color.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 7:17 am

KyleTheGhost wrote:
Sorry. The background here used to be blue and green, so you could see my white text, but not anymore. I can't change those posts, but I can change the ones I make now by using a different color.

I could read it when I quoted it. When I posted, it was white again.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 11:25 am

I take some of that back too. Outlaw dirt trackers drift.