What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 248 of 251 [ 4001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 2:34 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
8O ^
You need to lay off watching the evening news!

I get boring dreams about watching Dutch people pump water out of swamps to reclaim land (see somewhere above), because I saw a Utube vid about that. But you get terrorist Orcs slitting your throat after you saw the nightly news.

Right?! :lol:

I sometimes wake up sweating with these types of dreams.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 4:00 pm

^
Next time tell him that "I gave money to 'Orc Lives Matter'"!

Maybe he will spare you! Lol!

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 4:00 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
^
Next time tell him that "I gave money to 'Orc Lives Matter'"!

Maybe he will spare you! Lol!

:lol: :lol:

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 4:06 pm

A man I know was setting up some fairly simple but clever device which he put into a tank of water (the proper place for it to achieve its function), explaining its technical details to his wife. I did a similar thing, explaining it to my wife, only I did it rather differently. I think we were at some kind of hands-on workshop or interactive educational event. Then I was in the next room and was asking for a more specific version of something that somebody had said. I said something like "how wide do you mean by wide?" As I asked, I could see two images of my arm which was bent at the elbow and straightening to a degree, and I had the strong impression that they had the same meaning as my words.

THE FOLLOWING IS FOR DREAM NERDS ONLY:
My speculation is that the dream was expressing, in symbolic language, the ideas that human culture may have advanced in some ways over the millennia but that it still hasn't fully evolved past hierarchy (e.g. sexism), and that the ancients weren't so different from modern people as I thought they were. I haven't quite fathomed the part of the dream that took place in the second room, except that my request for a more specific version of what I'd just heard may have reflected a difference between my modern way of thinking and the more poetical, imprecise style of the ancients. The image of straightening arms also bears resemblance to the words of my question "how wide?" Somewhere about halfway between arms open wide and arms folded.

I have no empirical evidence that my interpretation is correct. It just seems to ring true. I suspect that the function of dreams is memory consolidation. I'd been finding answers to an uncommonly large number of questions I've been curious about yesterday (many of which were about the things in my above dream interpretation). Most dreams aren't expressed in a style that's immediately recognisable to my awake mind as stuff I'd be likely to consolidate in memory, which has made me skeptical as to how memory consolidation could possibly be the function of dreams, but I'm beginning to see how it could be so if it were being done in symbols. I suspect that the symbols of dreams are the "machine code language" of an older, more primitive part of the brain which is being used for the process.

It's probably very human to dislike unsolved mysteries and to be much more content with the first plausible theory that comes to mind as the correct one. So I may have fallen into a trap like Freud did, though I didn't bring sex into it, which proves it's a different trap, if it's a trap at all.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 4:19 pm

Awe Crud.. Not Orcs.....fleee..flee....>>>>>>>>>>>..... 8O

where ever you go ,there you are

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 5:12 pm

I saw lots of corpses in a field. The weather was sunny, but I felt uneasy.
I then heard a male voice calling my name. The male voice spoke to me a warning although I don't remember what the warning was.

The dream then cut to me watching TV with my mom and my NT sister in what we were watching had a scene where there were two people in a car. The hood was down and shots rang out. The man was shot and was killed immediately.

The dream finished & I woke up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I was eating breakfast this morning, the phone rang. Mom got to it and the three of us learned that a distant female relative in mom's native homeland had committed suicide. Her body was discovered in her home this morning. Mom will be leaving for her native homeland this Thursday.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 5:35 pm

Jakki wrote:

If you mean me (or even if you didn't), I got one like that decades ago, and it was about the scariest dream I've ever had. There were several barely-visible monster things, and my fear of them kind of signalled them in on me, and they sped towards me so quickly that I was obviously going to be hacked to bits. I woke up in the nick of time. I was very into Lord Of The Rings at the time and loved the bit where Frodo puts the ring on and the black riders can see him.

A few years later Satan was stalking me. I was scared for a moment but then lost my temper and ran towards him, but woke up before I could give him a good thrashing. Bah!

yurguardianangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Apr 2024, 6:17 pm

That I was going to be operated on.
Really vivid nightmare. I saw the mask with the clear thick tube attached to it.Bright as f**k lights,etc.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 10:03 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
Jakki wrote:

If you mean me (or even if you didn't), I got one like that decades ago, and it was about the scariest dream I've ever had. There were several barely-visible monster things, and my fear of them kind of signalled them in on me, and they sped towards me so quickly that I was obviously going to be hacked to bits. I woke up in the nick of time. I was very into Lord Of The Rings at the time and loved the bit where Frodo puts the ring on and the black riders can see him.

A few years later Satan was stalking me. I was scared for a moment but then lost my temper and ran towards him, but woke up before I could give him a good thrashing. Bah!

Get Em..! next time...! :mrgreen: :ninja:

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 10:54 pm

Jakki wrote:

I'm planning to bellow "That's for the Shire!" :P if I get the chance.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2024, 1:36 pm

I've been having a lot of dreams lately of traveling back in time to the 80s or the 70s, probably because the present time is so awful and I'm really really afraid of getting older and the BIG M. Last night I dreamed that I traveled back in time to when I was nine years old. and I became nine years old. And then I had my mother make a video of me, and afterwards I took the video with me and returned to the present where I grew back into an adult. But I couldn't watch the video taken of me as a kid because it was on a VCR tape and I no longer have a VCR. I have a DVD player, but I never use it.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2024, 3:15 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I've been having a lot of dreams lately of traveling back in time to the 80s or the 70s, probably because the present time is so awful and I'm really really afraid of getting older and the BIG M. Last night I dreamed that I traveled back in time to when I was nine years old. and I became nine years old. And then I had my mother make a video of me, and afterwards I took the video with me and returned to the present where I grew back into an adult. But I couldn't watch the video taken of me as a kid because it was on a VCR tape and I no longer have a VCR. I have a DVD player, but I never use it.

Next time, bring the VCR back with you.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2024, 2:03 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
Jakki wrote:

Somehow... Am getting the Impression there maybe a " Lord of the Rings" :heart: fan amongst our dreamers.. :D
:D

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2024, 12:28 pm

Jakki wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
Jakki wrote:

Somehow... Am getting the Impression there maybe a " Lord of the Rings" :heart: fan amongst our dreamers.. :D
:D

Guilty, your honour. It was at least a light special interest for some years, and I'm still fond of it.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2024, 12:43 pm

I love Lord of the Rings too btw, and I think that Orc Lives DO matter! 8)

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2024, 1:34 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
I love Lord of the Rings too btw, and I think that Orc Lives DO matter! 8)

It's a beautiful thought, but I fear Sauron wouldn't have reciprocated the gesture and that the consequences would have been dire for the righteous. But after I'd read The Hobbit to my son, he had a dream in which the evil dragon Smaug hadn't been killed, and was giving rides to children.