Reincarnaion is a result of genetic memory!

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 3:46 am

Most religions do not believe in reincarnation neither do most non religious but scientific groups but i do in a sense, I have a theory that reincarnation is true to a certain extent not in a magical spiritual level but in a genetic level, there have been documentaries of people living past lives as other people and in some cases other life forms! I have come to conclusion it is a result of genetic memory, all life forms have DNA it stores genetic information some persionalities and in some cases small portions of memories of lives of former living organisms think of it as natural computer data. DNA contains information just like how hard drives contain information it may seem far fetched and most people might see me as an idiot or crazy claiming this but that is how I see it.DNA contains information and data and in some cases memory of past life forms being passed on to future life forms hence the reason all life forms breed.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 4:16 am

Good theory as actually science is starting to find evidence for this in less complex animals than humans.

If you Google it you will probably easily find the research that has been done in the last couple of years on this genetic memory phenomenon per less complex animals. And if you cannot find it, if you like, I will find it for you.

I have read it before, but didn't save the research link, but again, it should be fairly easy to find with a Google search. :)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 6:44 am

Why back in highschool in the Seventies a buddy and I were comparing notes about science classes. He had a different teacher than I who showed a movie that I didnt get to see about experiments on planaria (flatworms) which raised this question.

They would train planaria to go through some kind of maze (even flat worms can learn apparently). Then take these newly educated planaria- chop em up into hamburger and feed em to other planaria who had not been trained to do the maze. And -incredibly- these second group of planaria would be able to do the maze - without being trained. It LOOKED like the tissue of the trained planaria somehow transmitted the learned information to the planaria that ate it (perhaps via DNA).

Havent heard anything about that line of research since.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 9:18 am

I have heard about that flatworm experiment, if we can absorb knowledge like that we are just absorbing the ability to cluck from all the chickens we eat.

Flatworms could have the ability to absorb knowledge but we might not.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 9:53 am

slenkar wrote:
I have heard about that flatworm experiment, if we can absorb knowledge like that we are just absorbing the ability to cluck from all the chickens we eat.

Flatworms could have the ability to absorb knowledge but we might not.

Chicken DNA, and asperagus DNA, may not mesh with our own species' DNA. I suspect that both humans , and flatworms, need to eat their own species for the trick to work.

So if you took Stephen Hawkings, and then threw him into a big vat, and ground him up into hamburger, and then frozen him, and gradually consumed him one big mac at a time...who knows? When you were done you might have the ability to be the next Nobel winner in physics! Imagine- all of that knowledge, and all of the mental ability- welling up within you-just from eating meatballs!

The down side is that you might also get kuru (aka 'laughing sickness)- a neurological condition of folks in a particular cannibal tribe in New Guinea (essentially its the human equivalent of mad cow disease).

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 10:25 am

Okay, for all the science-oriented folks who enjoy reading research studies, I did the legwork and found the latest research in all of 2 seconds with a Google search.

It's PART OF why I'm so smart I learned to use Google, smiles, and [just a little bit of sarcasm;)/].

By the way, I just typed in Genetic Memory and the result was at the top of the list from the respected peer reviewed journal 'Nature'.

http://www.nature.com/neuro/journal/v17/n1/full/nn.3594.html

While I too, am familiar on the old research done on flatworms, this research from 2013 was done on mice, which we human beings share a common rodent ancestor with from approximately 75 million years ago, as well as a majority of our CURRENT DNA.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

05 Dec 2014, 10:45 am

Sounds to me more like instinctive behavior, than reincarnation.

Bee's, and ants know what they are supposed to be doing too. Many other animals too.

If the genetic makeup thing were true, that might mean you could be in two places at once.

That might mean that your conciensness is just floating around, and doesn't end.

It also might mean that an ant may know more about it than you do. :lol:

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 11:08 am

YES IT is instinctive behavior as it is innate and not learned through the Environment.

But sadly as it stands, our culture has so much NOISE, THAT PEOPLE often become separated from their human instincts and SUFFER as a result, as it is a built in tool to use, not to avoid.

Mother Nature knows best.

That part of life hasn't changed, but humans and their abstract language and complex cultures have, both for the benefit of comfort and for the disadvantage of losing basic natural balance in life as just another animal making their way in survival on Mother Earth.

And most people don't even have basic animal homeostasis of a peaceful mind when not in the survival game of flight or fight.

MOST OTHER Animals don't have to take Yoga Lessons and TAI CHI to get balanced and live a blissful life when not in fight or flight mode.

They are the true ZEN masters of the Earth, while humans are so NOISED OUT BY ABSTRACT LANGUAGE AND CULTURE THAT THEY HAVE TO GET INSTRUCTIONS FROM OTHERS TO LEARN HOW TO BE HUMAN PER ANIMAL HOMEOSTASIS AGAIN.

YES, PER BEING REBORN, IF YOU WILL, AS A BALANCED ANIMAL OF NATURE, YES, ONCE AGAIN, LIKE A CHILD ON A PLAYGROUND playing THE PLAY OF life and socially cooperating peacefulLY with other children WHO Have GOT 'IT' ALL TOGETHER. :)

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

06 Dec 2014, 8:28 am

I never knew you could train a worm?

Sounds humorous, and hoakie.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 12:27 pm

aghogday wrote:
Okay, for all the science-oriented folks who enjoy reading research studies, I did the legwork and found the latest research in all of 2 seconds with a Google search.

It's PART OF why I'm so smart I learned to use Google, smiles, and [just a little bit of sarcasm;)/].

By the way, I just typed in Genetic Memory and the result was at the top of the list from the respected peer reviewed journal 'Nature'.

http://www.nature.com/neuro/journal/v17/n1/full/nn.3594.html

While I too, am familiar on the old research done on flatworms, this research from 2013 was done on mice, which we human beings share a common rodent ancestor with from approximately 75 million years ago, as well as a majority of our CURRENT DNA.

WTF?
"Olfactory fear conditioning" in mice?

So if a gang of thugs were to dangle you over the edge of a tall building while forcing you to sniff a bottle of "Obsession"-that would cause your grandkids to be subject to melt downs if they happened to be in the same elevator with someone wearing that Calvin Klein product fifty years from now?

That's my understanding of what they're saying.

Not only will you be permanently traumatized, but you will even pass the neurotic association with the smell to your descendants!

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 1:21 pm

I wonder if the OP had evidence that eating people would give them the courage and fighting ability of their opponent? Wouldn't the digestive process destroy the DNA?

In the case of flat worms did they prove the success of the maze was due to DNA effect and not other chemical effect? If not then it hasn't been shown DNA is a carrier of experience (instead of just tendencies) or if it may be due to other chemical action (I'm guessing flatworm direction finding is quite simple like "turn or not").

But perhaps if we had a subject that confirmed his/her previous life as a flatworm we would know. Any one here been a flatworm before?

One of the famous believers in reincarnation are certain sects of Buddhists, but I'm pretty sure they don't consume dead bodies. In fact the claims of reincarnation are about an awakening in a body unrelated to your own family line but instead with specific memories of the old, unaffiliated body and it's life experiences.

This sounds like zero evidence for what you claim.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 2:22 pm

ZenDen wrote:
I wonder if the OP had evidence that eating people would give them the courage and fighting ability of their opponent? Wouldn't the digestive process destroy the DNA?

In the case of flat worms did they prove the success of the maze was due to DNA effect and not other chemical effect? If not then it hasn't been shown DNA is a carrier of experience (instead of just tendencies) or if it may be due to other chemical action (I'm guessing flatworm direction finding is quite simple like "turn or not").

But perhaps if we had a subject that confirmed his/her previous life as a flatworm we would know. Any one here been a flatworm before?

One of the famous believers in reincarnation are certain sects of Buddhists, but I'm pretty sure they don't consume dead bodies. In fact the claims of reincarnation are about an awakening in a body unrelated to your own family line but instead with specific memories of the old, unaffiliated body and it's life experiences.

This sounds like zero evidence for what you claim.
Well there are moments when people dream in their dreams they are somebody else they don't even know this could be results of small pieces of information from DNA from past lives passed on recycled through separate generations after many thousand years have past when the dreamer and the person the dreamer is experiencing as have shared a common ancestor.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 2:59 pm

Reincarnation is impossible in this day and age, as there weren't enough people alive in the past to be reborn as the virtually countless people today. But actually, the genetic memory theory might hold some water, at least in certain individuals.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 3:04 pm

Now I feel like playing the Assassin's Creed series again...

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 3:23 pm

Erm, I doubt that eaten DNA could be incorporated into a person's DNA, it's a sensitive molecule and would be destroyed early on, in a person's digestive juices. If it happens, it's more likely at the epigenetic level, with proteins as vehicles, not DNA strands.

Though it sounds more like science-fiction, it would be more plausible to me if a viral particle could transfer DNA pieces (that do something to brain wiring) between people and embryos. That would be interesting.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 6:43 pm

It's an attractive idea, and being an attractive idea has caused it to propagate.
Any idea that gives us some way to survive beyond death will always hold some attraction.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.