Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 9:10 am

Humanaut wrote:
tomato wrote:
It seems to me that some form of paranoia might be a sign of being highly evolved perhaps.

Overdeveloped, perhaps, as in an overdeveloped subconscious or conscious conscience.

Interesting topic.

Yeah it is very interesting. The more developed parts of the world are more connected to Internet and have all kinds of digital traces connected to them, bank cards, bus cards, subway cards, logins, laundy room card, garage card, you name it. They have more reason perhaps to be paranoid as well. One interesting thing is that pretty much everything that enters the Internet possibly stays there forever.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 10:03 am

tomato wrote:
The more developed parts of the world are more connected to Internet and have all kinds of digital traces connected to them, bank cards, bus cards, subway cards, logins, laundy room card, garage card, you name it. They have more reason perhaps to be paranoid as well.

I would think so, if they have something to hide.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 10:42 am

Humanaut wrote:

Yes, but what qualifies as "something to hide" and is it justified in some cases to hide something or to not want to expose it to everyone, what is integrity etc. This all becomes an interesting philosophical discussion. I have written online about how I hate my parents. I would probably be embarrassed if they saw that or if the whole world connected my identity to those posts. It might be immoral to hate your parents, a sin etc. I don't know. But what about your diary, is it ok to not want the whole world to read it? What about text messages you send, is it ok to not want everybody to read them? What about going to the bathroom, is it ok to not want to leave the door wide open at a public restroom? You see what I mean. The world appears to be moving in the direction of so much interconnectedness that there will probably be no other option but some form of communism, and also possibly humans will be connected as one organism through collective consciousness or something like that. I certainly think there seems to be spiritual aspects of science and technology. And as I said before I think it's very interesting what role sin serves, because if hating your parents, taking illegal drugs etc. makes the world grow more and more Orwellian then in fact that collective consciousness communist state moves closer. I think New World Order might be a good thing. All the fear leading up to it is enlightenment I believe.

Quote:
Jesus said, "Whoever does not hate father and mother cannot be my disciple, and whoever does not hate brothers and sisters, and carry the cross as I do, will not be worthy of me."

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 12:11 pm

tomato wrote:
Humanaut wrote:

Yes, but what qualifies as "something to hide" and is it justified in some cases to hide something or to not want to expose it to everyone, what is integrity etc.

I was thinking of illegal and immoral behaviour.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 8:31 pm

People who have been severely abused or bullied in life can gain an expectation of persecution leading to a full-blown persecution complex at some point in their life.

Human beings come to expect what they experience and in this case there is an element of truth, but in emotional regulation one must use reason along with the Intelligence of MOVEMENT AND emotion to balance life.

Delusions of reference is an interesting phenomenon, as it does not always apply to the social norm.

IF folks think that GOD is sending them signs of significance, THAT CAN BE considered a mainstay of some churches course of common everyday belief.

Human beings see patterns in THE HISTORICAL PAST OF LIFE AND FORECAST these patterns into the future and this is a necessary evolutionary enhancement for survival to base the future on what the past does bring.

IN other words live and learn TO PREPARE AND BE READY FOR the future is what 'we' do to survive.

But when imbalance comes and true paranoia or extreme delusions become part of reality, harmful real life results can be a potential, so as in all other things, when functional ability to survive in subsistence and appropriate social interaction is compromised it's time to get help.

Meaning and FEELING PURPOSE in life is part of the emotion that emotes us FOR SUCCESS AS LIVING BEINGS..

JUST AS a healthy non-malignant attribute of 'Narcissism' is better for a human FOR success in life than the lowest COMMON denominator of THAT per a 'timid soul'.

TO find meaning AND PURPOSE in the PATTERNS AND symbols of life PERCEIVED AS SUCH is also AN EMOTING FORCE FOR HUMAN BEING.

AND THIS IS PART of why so many people do still attend organized religions for meaning and PURPOSE IN LIFE TO EVOKE EMOTION TO EMOTE HUMAN BEING FOR OVERALL SUCCESS IN SURVIVAL AND Unconditional LOVE in successful social animal cooperation, to be specific.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick