Update on my daughter's sexual assault by aspie boyfriend

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

triplemoon18
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Dec 2014, 12:00 pm

Well it has been 6 weeks and we are doing much better now. The police decided after interviewing my daughter and the boy that they didn't have enough evidence to proceed with charges. He did say something did happen, but without witnesses they couldn't prove it. I still feel they just did not want to have a case with primarily aspergers - my daughter, him and the witnesses from her class at schoool.

The school decided to suspend the boy, do an investigation and now he is in the other aspergers program in our city. I thought that was the end and we could move on now, but I found out last Friday that the parents are appealing the action taken by the principal. They asked if they could release the name of the girl who is accusing him and I said sure. I hope the parents realize what a pervert he was in their basement with my daughter.

If the parents win the appeal, I will be taking my daughter out of school and getting child protection involved and my boss who is a lawyer. There is no way he is getting near my daughter again.

One good thing that came out of all of this is I am on Cymbalta and now my daughter is on Zoloft. The Cymbalta is like a miracle for me - I feel like I have been waiting my whole life to feel this calm and happy. I have been on it for 6 weeks now. I was taking St. John's wort, 5-HTP, passionflower and valerian and all of these natural supplements did nothing for my anxiety compared to this magical little pill. And I have no side effects except for I lost 10 pounds I was trying to get rid of and I am thirsty a lot of the time. I can only hope the Zoloft works as well for my daughter's anxiety. (she just started her meds last Thursday).

ASDMommyASDKid
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 1:38 pm

I am sorry that this horrible situation is being made worse by the process. I am glad the meds are helpimg you, though.

Try to take care of yourselves.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 6:37 pm

I have nothing to offer but empathy. And I'm glad that you have found a medication that is working for you.