Has this site suddenly become more nasty?

Page 9 of 11 [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 9:36 am

Cats have much more ability to maintain equilibrium than us humans!

That's lovely, Eloa!

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 11:41 am

Thanks, Nick22 and KraftieKortie
The other one is my cat as well, but she is not black and white only but has the colours of the cat in btbnnyr's catatar, lot of brown.
Actually she looks pretty similar to the her, also the colour of the eyes.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

Nick22
Raven
Raven

31 Dec 2014, 11:48 am

Oh yes, I can see the brown colour now I am looking more carefully. She is very pretty. Have a very happy 2015, Eloa.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 4:03 pm

Eloa wrote:
Nick22 wrote:
Eloa wrote:
, but my male cat can do tour en l'air, which is jumping straight up and do one or more turns around the body axis.
He does it when I play with him with a string, and he is very good at single to single-and-a-half tour en l'air.

That's impressive Eloa, did you have to train him to do it?

No, it evolved naturally playing with him.
He is always playing very physically and wild with jumping in the air and rolling on the floor.
He also brings the toy he wants to play with to me.
This I also did not train him, one day he just came with his string and put it in front of my feet, and since then he always does it with toys.

He trained YOU! :D

He's both Barishnokov, and Balanchine!

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 4:39 pm

Eloa wrote:
The other one is my cat as well, but she is not black and white only but has the colours of the cat in btbnnyr's catatar, lot of brown.

Speaking of cats, here is one of my favorite vloggers, and his cats stepping in the snow for the first time (he recently moved to Alaska, not far from where I live)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 4:47 pm

Where do you live in Alaska?

Alaska's one of my "special interests"

Nick22
Raven
Raven

31 Dec 2014, 5:18 pm

Shadi2 wrote:
Eloa wrote:

Speaking of cats, here is one of my favorite vloggers, and his cats stepping in the snow for the first time (he recently moved to Alaska, not far from where I live)

Seriously cute!

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 5:56 pm

btbnnyr wrote:
People with autism have different personalities and eggsperiences, so I don't think that one is similar to another only because they have autism. I don't think regular people and professionals would think so either.

I find many autistic people harder to relate to than neurotypical people. There is only one place in the world where I have found myself amongst a decent number of people quite similar to me.

Sometimes, I wonder why there are not more people more similar to me on wp, like others who say that don't care about the things I don't care about and don't get upset or hurt feelings, I wonder if it is because they are naturally that different from me or if they have been socially conditioned into something that seems quite unrelatable to me.

Attention to detail.
The higher the attention to detail (or processing of) the greater the differences will seem.

About upset or hurt feelings, I think it may actually be a misinterpretation of feelings.
One trajectory route: (apparent) rudeness may seem like hostility which may seem like a threat which may generate fear.

If from someone previously unknown then it may seem like a new threat which would need to be assessed and integrated into... I guess, one's worldview. Which may have been previously 'balanced.' Now it's 'out of balance' (because of the new 'threat') and one needs time to reestablish threat and safety vectors.
By balanced maybe I mean stable, understood, coped with, or something.

If this came from a 'friend' or other safe person, perhaps it feels like a betrayal and again a destabilizing effect for a time.

Threats don't have to be 'real and present' for one's body to react to it.
Also, often, verbal 'hostility' comes as a warning sign of imminent physical violence unless one can manage to deescalate it quickly.
This is a stressor. ...Upset

And/or it may also have something to do with fairness and publicly (however larger or small) perceived status.
Being or feeling 'wronged' is one core aspect of anger.
Sometimes people say they're "upset" when they're afraid, and sometimes people say they're "upset" when they're angry.

I think you may have more feeling connection with how others view you than you may immediately notice.
Here's my clue.
btbnnyr wrote:
[...] eggsperiences [...]

That's cute and punny which makes me think you do care that people see you as nice; or harmless; or nonthreatening; or even likeable.
Otherwise it would be a completely illogical thing to do and surely your spell checker noticed it.

At first it annoyed me, until I had a visual of them leaking out of a plastic egg thingy, then I laughed.
How did that^^ (true) sentence first make you feel?

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 6:04 pm

I eggsplained about egg and berry words on wp before, it is because I like eggs and berries, so I add them to words. I also like noodles, but it is harder to add noodle than egg and berry. Egg is just because I like the food and my mother thinks I will die of cholesterol disease if I eat more than one egg at a time more often than twice a week. My phrase verry merry berry comes from the very berry smoothie at costco, which I like a lot, but I need to spell consistently. In general, I enjoy using slightly different terms, like I call my parents iMother and iFather, while grammar and spelling are grappar and smelling. iFather also makes up words or twists words while applying new meanings esp. related to bathroom humor, so iMother has to update me on New Vocabulary whenever I don't go home for awhile.

Nick22
Raven
Raven

31 Dec 2014, 6:05 pm

1401b wrote:

How did that^^ (true) sentence first make you feel?

Really interesting question. Almost Zen like. How did it?

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 6:08 pm

I forgot to answer about the sentence: I didn't feel anything when I read the sentence.
I wondered what a plastic egg thingy is, and what was leaking out of it.
I guess the egg was?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 6:16 pm

I am Merry Berry Very Eggstatic about your eggsplanation!

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 6:40 pm

I just tricked iMother into making a delicious egg dish for me, because she forgot that I ate two eggs just yesterday, fooolish hoooman.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 6:46 pm

What was the delicious egg dish?

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 7:27 pm

Nick22 wrote:
Oh yes, I can see the brown colour now I am looking more carefully. She is very pretty. Have a very happy 2015, Eloa.

Happy New Year, Nick22.
In the country I live in (European country) it is 01.01.2015, 1:27am

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 7:33 pm

It's still 7:32 PM, or 19:32, 12/31/2014, in New York City.