What would you say are good qualities in a friend???

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Staige
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jul 2004, 4:04 pm

if you had alot of friends or even a little or even none what would your opinion be on what qualities a good friend has???

~staige~ 8)

Taineyah
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jul 2004, 8:12 pm

A good friend is:

Patient,
Understanding,
Kind,
Knows how to laugh at your jokes,
Can deal with who you are without ever seeming stressed.

I have a bf (BW) like that and a best bud (JB) like that and another best bud (JL) who's almost that good. JL has only known me a year, so she's not totally used to my quirks.

I think the most important thing about a friend is that they understand who you are well enough to understand that just cause you "freak out" when you're overloaded or something, you still care about them. It's hard to find pple like that, but when you do, they're gold!

Mich
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2004, 9:11 pm

Nice, understanding, appreciate your feelings and accept your sensory issues (i.e. don't chew gum around me), smart, funny, not overly embarrassing, doesn't wear smelly hand lotion, doesn't spend time with other people WAY more than me (not including their parents), accepts the fact that I sometimes need my privacy, etc.

:!: Mich :?:

gavrod
Raven
Raven

16 Jul 2004, 1:43 am

I think a good friend should be compassionate, a good listener, patient, understanding and considerate. I also think when two people who are friends have a disagreement, the friendship should be able to survive any trouble which may happen along the way. Above all they must judge me for what I am and not by my appearance, and my eccentricities. :!:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2004, 12:27 pm

A good friend would be there to just listen to me if I have a bad day. A good friend would be a person who thinks highly of people with Disabilities. A good friend must respect everything about me that makes me who I am. A good friend would not want me to change anything about me. A good freind would not dessert me after an arguement. :D

KtMcS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jul 2004, 7:58 am

a friend makes me laugh and understands im not...normal. not that any of my friends are normal! you can trust a friend and they'll be there for you.

Sonas càirdeas

Captain_Brain
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2004, 1:29 am

I believe a good friend would know who I am. They'd be on a similar wavelength to me. They'd understand karma. And they wouldn't abandon me.

Torley_Wong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Aug 2004, 1:45 am

A good friend will help pick you up when you've been kicked down. :)

A good friend SHOULD be the type who sticks up for you when you get bullied or mistreated and not stand to the side pretending he/she doesn't know you, but alas, this trait is rarer than I wish it was. Too many people not making a stand for themselves nor for others.

pizzaboss
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2004, 1:36 pm

Friends would be:

- Don't Judge
- Respect his\her opinion
- nice personality
- like certain things
- understanding
- be there for you

TazDevil
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Aug 2004, 7:21 pm

Staige wrote:
if you had alot of friends or even a little or even none what would your opinion be on what qualities a good friend has???

~staige~ 8)

A friend is a person with whom you dare to be yourself...

Wowbagger
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Aug 2004, 5:24 am

TazDevil wrote:
A friend is a person with whom you dare to be yourself...

Agree completely. The other stuff like kindness and empathy are only extras. There are already vanishingly few people I can be comfortable with, in front of whom I can speak the truth and not be constantly nervous that I may be behaving inappropriately. I want friends to be completely frank --- we don't hold back from criticising one another although it would be considered extremely insulting behavour in normal company.

I do not seek emotional solace as such but merely acceptance. My friends may not fully empathise with me but they do not attempt to censor my behaviour, and will not pretend to be nice like everyone else does.

alex
Developer
Developer

14 Aug 2004, 9:29 am

Friends should tell you the truth even if they are afraid of hurting your feelings. A friend should not lie. A friend should not have parties without inviting you. A friend should share common interests, but not necessarily. A friend should be able to trust you. etc, etc, etc

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2004, 7:36 pm

Loyal.

That is all.