Well this really pisses me off! Attempted purse snatching!

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2015, 6:54 pm

It pisses me off even more than it normally would because we don't have that kind of crime here! I just got back from the dollar store where I went to get dog treats and laundry soap and a tape measure because my daughter is ordering us both a Rockabilly swing dress this coming week. There was just me, a young girl who was running the register and a young boy about 20 or so who was browsing around there. I got my stuff rang up and paid and my purse was in the baby seat of the buggy and as soon as I put my wallet back in it and closed it, the kid grabbed one strap and tried to run off with it! Can you believe that!! !! !! I grabbed the other strap and snatched him back and he fell over the buggy and I yelled at him and snatched it away from him and smacked him right in the face with it, and he got up and he took off out the door. He was in the cashiers class (small town, remember?) and she texted another friend and got his number and gave it to me. I called his mother as soon as I got home and told her what happened. She was of course very upset and I told her I wasn't mad at her at all, but I thought she might want to know so she could do something about his behavior before he did something stupider and got the cops involved or even shot. She said she's will call me back because she's going to bring him by to apologize, and I certainly think that's appropriate. He needs to learn his lesson.

I just can't believe that! It'll be all over town by in the morning and that boy deserves the whole town knowing about it! I'm pretty sure my boys will want to have a word or three with him about doing their Mama that way too!

I'm just so mad I could spit!

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 12:32 am

Furthermore, who knows? The management could decide to sell the surveillance video to one of those "World's Dumbest Crooks" shows! But I couldn't help remembering one Halloween where I was trick-or-treating with some cousins. We were carrying walkie-talkies to relay to our moms to come pick us up. I put mine in the pillowcase with my candy, a couple of older kids grabbed my bag and started running. Our moms drove up a moment later and we all got in and began to patrol the neighborhood. One of my cousins yelled "That's him" My aunt got out of the car, shone a light in his face and ordered him to drop the bag. He complied and promptly went running. As my bag hit the ground it began emitting a squawking/shrieking sound; the weight of the candy was pushing down on the radio's "push-to-talk" button.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 1:42 am

Nice work getting the last word! Karmic retribution would seem to be a 1st-person eventuality in the right scale of municipality. This is why working in technology is tough on me; I can't afford the move to a tiny mountain town befitting of my weirdness quotient just yet.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 1:49 am

cberg wrote:
Nice work getting the last word! Karmic retribution would seem to be a 1st-person eventuality in the right scale of municipality. This is why working in technology is tough on me; I can't afford the move to a tiny mountain town befitting of my weirdness quotient just yet.

Why in the HELL would you want to live in a place like this?? It does have it's good points but it's NOT a place I would have picked for myself. Long story how we moved down here but there were some good points after we got here.

1 The first one (my experience tonight notwithstanding) is that there is no crime here. Really. There are some drug busts and some fights and bounced checks and traffic stuff but no real, actual crime. I don't even have a house key. 2 Cost of living is very, very low.
3 Everybody knows everybody else and keeps an eye out for each other. Good and bad because you also have no privacy
4 I can go to the grocery store in pajamas, and sometimes do.

I'd give my right arm to move back to Birmingham.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 1:52 am

I live in yuppie central. I'm of the endangered species known as pseudo-rastafarian hackers... :|

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 2:03 am

cberg wrote:
I live in yuppie central. I'm of the endangered species known as pseudo-rastafarian hackers... :|

Pseudo-rastafarian? Does that mean you have braids instead of locks? ;-)

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 2:08 am

Although difficult, I'm sure it's possible for norsemen to obtain dreadlocks. A good friend of mine was living proof, though he (or perhaps his girlfriend) found them to be too high maintenance. Dreads aren't strictly speaking a prerequisite of Rastafari and I say pseudo because I'm as much a follower of Freya, Shiva, Ceres & Ullr as I am of Jah...

Edit: Grrr, had to delete an Oxford comma. Sleep is gradually gaining appeal...

fyi I settle for headbanger/hippie hair when my parents relent from whining about it...

Fitzi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 2:27 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
I grabbed the other strap and snatched him back and he fell over the buggy and I yelled at him and snatched it away from him and smacked him right in the face with it, and he got up and he took off out the door.

Good for you!! What a dumb kid to try that in his own small town. You would think he would at least do it in another town where he wouldn't be recognized by the cashier. I'm glad he fell over the cart and had his mommy called over it; he deserves that humiliation.

One time my mother was walking along a busy avenue and a guy on a bicycle grabbed her purse as he rode by. She pulled back so hard on the other strap, he fell off his bike and had the bike run over (he was o.k.). Tough moms rule.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 2:39 am

I mean really what was he thinking.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 2:46 am

cberg wrote:
Although difficult, I'm sure it's possible for norsemen to obtain dreadlocks. A good friend of mine was living proof, though he (or perhaps his girlfriend) found them to be too high maintenance. Dreads aren't strictly speaking a prerequisite of Rastafari and I say pseudo because I'm as much a follower of Freya, Shiva, Ceres & Ullr as I am of Jah...

Edit: Grrr, had to delete an Oxford comma. Sleep is gradually gaining appeal...

fyi I settle for headbanger/hippie hair when my parents relent from whining about it...

Ah, you're white. White folks usually have a problem growing dreds. I know you can get a perm to get them but we had a friend who tried to grow them and he was white and had straight fine hair. He just ended up with about three huge tangles in his hair. I asked if you had braids instead because I have a black friend who always wanted dreds but never had the patience to grow them and he just has braids instead. I thought you meant rasta style, not rasta religion. My bad. ;-)

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2015, 2:54 am

Quote:
I mean really what was he thinking.

My best guess: