Am I cursed to be forever alone?

Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2015, 12:12 pm

CupidAardvark wrote:
The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. If what you've been doing for 27 years has rendered you single and dateless, continuing to do the exact same thing is likely to continue to result in you being single and dateless.

I agree. It doesn't mean that it can't change. It just means that it's unlikely to.

CupidAardvark
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Aug 2015, 3:07 pm

314pe wrote:
CupidAardvark wrote:
The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. If what you've been doing for 27 years has rendered you single and dateless, continuing to do the exact same thing is likely to continue to result in you being single and dateless.

I agree. It doesn't mean that it can't change. It just means that it's unlikely to.

Absolutely. It's the wanting-to-change thing, or, rather, the WILLINGNESS-to-change-by-doing-something-differently that's the rate-limiting step here!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2015, 11:54 pm

CupidAardvark wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
I often wonder that too being 27 and always have been single

What can you do differently?

and if its nothing you did, just who you are. or what if its stuff women do?
why always blame the guy. willing to bet you'd not ask a single 27 year old girl this. you'd probably tell her its just as*hole guys and she find someone.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2015, 6:12 pm

If she was complaining that she could never find any
"nice" guys, I would suggest that maybe she needs to look elsewhere than where she currently is, and try to figure out why she is attracting the "unnice" ones.

MissUnderstud
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Aug 2015, 9:26 pm

sly279 wrote:
CupidAardvark wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

why always blame the guy. willing to bet you'd not ask a single 27 year old girl this. you'd probably tell her its just as*hole guys and she find someone.

There is no 27 year old woman on this thread wondering if it is too late for her to find love or complaining that all men reject her.

Would telling you that all the women who have rejected you are as*holes and that you should go find some different girls make you feel better?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2015, 11:13 pm

MissUnderstud wrote:
sly279 wrote:
CupidAardvark wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

There is no 27 year old woman on this thread wondering if it is too late for her to find love or complaining that all men reject her.

Would telling you that all the women who have rejected you are as*holes and that you should go find some different girls make you feel better?

better then you telling me I worthless trash and its all my fault and those women who you don't even know are all right to reject and call me not a real man. yes.

negative reinforcement doesn't make people happy. it only makes them more sad. but you're always side with women any women because they women. some woman could probably rape a guy, beat him and lock him in a cage and you'd probably still side with her.

sleepingpancake
Toucan
Toucan

14 Aug 2015, 8:56 pm

if you yearn so much for a girlfriend then be sure that you're really prepared cause AS relationship is kinda complicated....besides, maybe you're just looking at the wrong locations :P just kidding..be yourself, someone will appreciate you for being you for sure

Sokoro
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Aug 2015, 2:37 am

886 wrote:
There's a lot of people out there who like to spot your weaknesses and take advantage of them, hence why you're 170$ in a hole. She probably figured she could just trade you sex for pity and money, which it seems happened.

Either way, never loan anyone money unless you fully trust them and have known them for a very long time..

That is not true, never loan money to anyone, even your family, which you know since birth, can be piece of poo and never give anything back. Better to keep everything for yourself.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 5:34 am

Only if you believe in curses

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Aug 2015, 7:41 am

Feyokien wrote:

But...if someone has zero social skills, bad life-cv, extremly ugly, very strange, will never get a good job, shy and is skinny becuse of ulcer and cant fix anythng of this thngs....how could a guy like this get a gf?

Curses does it exist, since this guy that i am talking about is me. I have no idea why i have so many flaws, its insane. Its like a nightmare i cant wake up from.

sleepingpancake
Toucan
Toucan

15 Aug 2015, 7:13 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
Feyokien wrote:

But...if someone has zero social skills, bad life-cv, extremly ugly, very strange, will never get a good job, shy and is skinny becuse of ulcer and cant fix anythng of this thngs....how could a guy like this get a gf?

Curses does it exist, since this guy that i am talking about is me. I have no idea why i have so many flaws, its insane. Its like a nightmare i cant wake up from.

well, if you really believe that you could only endure dear...

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 7:25 pm

Just make more money & buy yourself a robot girl-friend. Problem solved !

For cases where a cyborg-girl just won't suffice, then it's probably just a psychological-issue, something in which case you may as well just go & see a hypno-therapist for (once you've made more money of course).

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2015, 11:08 pm

it is not unheard of for a guy to be 25 and older to have never had a girlfriend, even over 30, but it is almost never heard of for a girl to be over 25 and never had a boyfriend

PillowSpider
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Aug 2015, 3:36 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
Feyokien wrote:

Have you shared a pic and gotten feedback on whether you really ARE as horribly ugly as you say you are? Because unless you're in, say, the bottom 5% EMPIRICALLY looks-wise, how you look is NOT exclusively why you don't get dates. Put another way, just because you think you're hideously ugly doesn't mean you actually are.

The ulcer? Is probably cureable with antibiotics.

The skinny thing? If the ulcer makes you super-thin, anti-biotics will solve it in a week or two. If you're skinny because you come from a family of skinny peeps, well, you're a skinny dude. (I'm a tall beanpole skinny girl... who was nicknamed Skeletor in high school and chose to embrace it. Because I didn't really have another option, I had a stylish friend help me shop to find stuff that looked good. My style "thing" turned out to be very short skirts with opaque tights. Try to find the skinny dude equivalent).

Bad social skills? Is it really bad social skills or do you just dislike people, all people? If it's the latter, you don't HAVE to date and if it's the former, you CAN improve your social skills (therapy, improv class, toastmasters, etc).

The CV and job skills are likely somewhat fixable too. Or at least improvesble.

The feeling that your cursed? Only you can (or can choose not to) fix that. Because either way, it's probably a self-fulfilling prophesy.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2015, 3:18 am

i'm trying to look at Zach Roloff and Kyle Maynard for inspiration lately.

Tarantulaa
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Aug 2015, 9:09 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
i'm trying to look at Zach Roloff and Kyle Maynard for inspiration lately.

Kyle Maynard was a popular star athlete in high school and a successful sportsman, entrepreneur and motivational speaker in adulthood. Zachary Roloff is the star of a somewhat popular TV series. Both have been independent and gainfully employed since completing their educations and neither lives at home with their parents as adults.

What do you have in common with either dude besides a disability?