Page 40 of 105 [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 105  Next

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2015, 12:56 am

aghogday wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
sophisticated wrote:
badgerface wrote:
Humans share 98% of their DNA with Chimpanzees. End of argument.

I'm willing to accept that apes descended from humans.

Humans are Great Apes biologically.

According to ?

Biologists. The scientific name is Hominidae, the group that includes chimps, humans, gorillas and orang utans. The gibbons are considerd lesser apes, although the name sounds a bit demeaning.

I'm not an ape.

I AM AN APE and Here is the BEST PROOF OF THAT SO FAR.. from just a few hours ago....

AND SOME STUFF ABOUT GOD.. too....

NOTICE the GORILLA SOUNDS, they are MUCH clearer in this evidential video,
And four to five seconds to WILDIN' TO complement IT, as well..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?vDRAg2_BkKu8[/youtube]

LEG Pressing 930LBS on Friday, February 27, 2015, at the NASWF Fitness Center. The Leg Press is done on a Nautilus Parallel Free weight machine with 10-45LB weight plates on each side totaling 20-45LB weights at 900LBS, with the approximate weight of the lifting mechanism at 30LBS, for a total of 930LBS.

14 slow reps are accomplished with arms raised to focus strictly on leg movement for increasing maximum leg strength.

The machine normally holds a max of 810LBS, per 18 plates, so the last 45LB weight plate on each side is balanced off the length of the bar, to get to 20 plates.

AS far as I know there is no other parallel leg press machine in my metro area that will hold more weight so I guess I am stuck at this weight continuing to increase reps.

There is no doubt in my mind that I could lift well over one thousand pounds at lower reps at this point but I am stuck at this weight for the foreseeable future, again, it seems. :)

Anyway, I am 54 years old, and weigh in at 233LBS at around 6FT tall, with these clothes on before lifting.

People who tell you everyone gets weaker when they get in their 40's or 50's is going by the average of a very sedentary, overall unhealthy population that simply do not fulfill their fuller human potential.

Jack La LaLanne, a pioneer of strength training in the last century, already proves this is the case towing up to 70 boats swimming,ninto his 60's. Most everything in life is a result of what a person believes are their limits.

Hold no limits, and there are always fewer limits to be realized.

Hold limits, and restrict human potential, as 99% of results are human attitude, I find now in older life FOR SURE. :)

The power of human relative free will mixed with faith, hope, belief, and more than anything the positive power of unconditional pro-social emotions aka Unconditional Love MOVES METAPHORICAL MOUNTAINS FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO EMPLOY THE HIGHER POWER OF MOTHER NATURE TRUE AKA GOD.

IT'S AMAZING, JUST AS THE HUMBLE TEACHER JESUS STATES, PER WHAT IS POSSIBLE FOR HUMAN NATURE MORE FULLY REALIZED AND UNLEASHED from cultural repression, oppression, and subjugation through illusory fears.

That part does not change, for those folks who learn to master their inner human being, away from the material GOD of culture, and illusory GOD(s) of religion.

Nobody can dispute the similarities between us and apes.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 1:21 am

sophisticated wrote:

I'm not an ape.

Yes you are, we all are. That you don't like this, is all about your prejudices and has nothing to do with reality. You can delude yourself all you like but it will not change the fact (and yes I use fact in its literal term) that you are a vertebrate animal, with a close kinship to the other great apes.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2015, 1:30 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
sophisticated wrote:

I'm not an ape.

Yes you are, we all are. That you don't like this, is all about your prejudices and has nothing to do with reality. You can delude yourself all you like but it will not change the fact (and yes I use fact in its literal term) that you are a vertebrate animal, with a close kinship to the other great apes.

Facts only change in popular science.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 1:42 am

Ah so science that is accepted as such by the scientifically minded is somehow lessened by its popular acceptance. Or in other words anything which exposes as nonsense the teachings of ancient texts cannot be correct and is therefore flawed.

You are not special, this earth is not special, it was not made by some super being for you to dwell upon. You and I are monumentally insignificant in reference to the solar system, let alone our galaxy and the universe beyond. The universe does not exist for us, we exist because of it.

This by any rational measure is in all likelihood the only existence you will ever experience, there is no ultimate purpose or direction to life. You will die, your atoms will return to the universe and life will move on without you.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2015, 2:01 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
Ah so science that is accepted as such by the scientifically minded is somehow lessened by its popular acceptance. Or in other words anything which exposes as nonsense the teachings of ancient texts cannot be correct and is therefore flawed.

It seems to me that you've surrendered to "scientists".

Anything uttered by a scientist (specially the charismatic ones) is pure fact and wisdom ?

There's only one person that I have surrendered myself to and that is God.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 2:51 am

I have surrendered to no one. I accept evidence and change my understanding of nature in relation to the evidence. You on the other hand are almost totally ignorant in relation to our natural world and the sciences which have brought us this knowledge. Despite your ignorance you dismiss science as if you understand it, worse you lie to others about things you simply have no knowledge of. i find this position despicable.

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2015, 2:54 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
[youtube]https://www.youtue.com/watch?v=rpK3NTygnNw[/youtube]

I have surrendered to no one. I accept evidence and change my understanding of nature in relation to the evidence. You on the other hand are almost totally ignorant in relation to our natural world and the sciences which have brought us this knowledge. Despite your ignorance you dismiss science as if you understand it, worse you lie to others about things you simply have no knowledge of. i find this position despicable.

That woman was waiting for a standing ovation.

ROFL

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 3:16 am

sophisticated wrote:
DentArthurDent wrote:

It seems to me that you've surrendered to "scientists".
Nah!, 'Fisticated! These bods don't acknowledge any science... at least not the empirical kind. They have redefined science to mean anything that agrees with their superstitious prejudices.

Arty, you're at it again! The "scientifically minded" are, by your definition, those who worship your ideology. No scientific method allowed!

elliot87
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 3:34 am

Go to your churches if that's how you feel but dont expect me to follow for god isn't real!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 4:37 am

sophisticated wrote:

That woman was waiting for a standing ovation.

ROFL

As an interesting aside to our debate I wondered about her facial expressions after her statement. I don't see her waiting for adulation as you do, rather I see nervousness. My partner is the opposite of me IE very empathetic and able to read faces very well. I will check her understanding later.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 5:06 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It's tragic that one who played the Paradigm of Logic smoked. That's was why he passed away.

I don't know when he started smoking, but considering his age it might very well have been before there was awareness that smoking was unhealthy.

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 6:14 am

Not even a smidgin of acknowledgement of any scientific method.

I suspect that if anyone was liable to be hoodwinked with media hype they wouldn't need more of it here... the superstition is mercilessly flogged in every anti-reason medium possible.

Look, you clever-dicks, a mindless parroting of nonsense freely available to degenerate dunces is no evidence of any kind of fact.

Here's another of your irrational fellows who is at least decent enough to acknowledge that his beloved ideology has nothing to do with science.
http://archive.lewrockwell.com/reed/reed208.html

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 8:01 am

Have you been to the Outback much, David? I wonder if trekking there wouldn't clear your head. Then cone back to PPR all wide eyed and bushy-tailed, ready for Socratic debate.

Grommit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Feb 2015, 8:30 am

Oldavid wrote:

I suspect that if anyone was liable to be hoodwinked with media hype they wouldn't need more of it here... the superstition is mercilessly flogged in every anti-reason medium possible.

Look, you clever-dicks, a mindless parroting of nonsense freely available to degenerate dunces is no evidence of any kind of fact.

Here's another of your irrational fellows who is at least decent enough to acknowledge that his beloved ideology has nothing to do with science.

David no one has acknowledged anything, there is no need to get into a hissy fit about it.

It's about the here and now and that is a challenge in itself

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2015, 9:59 am

Oldavid wrote:

Oldavid, are you aware that GOD is both Scientist

and Artist or do you 'SEE' GOD..

as a robotic moving nerd alone.

Just wondering....

God is more like Steve Jobs than Bill Gates.

God is more like a Geek than a nerd..

or perhaps Vincent Van Gogh, once you peel away all the human filters and illusions.....

And ALLONE2.

AND FINALLY, OLDAVID are you aware that this particular part of the
site is FOR Politics, Philosophy, and Religion...

There is no S in PPR......;)

But of course, I for one, Love all opinions; rigid, artistic, scientific or what folks around here
love (hate) to assess and armchair term, with narrow minds and views, as psychotic or insane, narcissistic OR WHATEVER..

WHO don't have an Artistic
(CREATIVITY/IMAGINATION)
GOD bone in their mind or
body balanced as such......

I HAVE HOPE though THAT
'they' will 'GROW' one of 'THOSE' GOD bones too...

AS I for one live real life GOD BONE miracles everyday.......

AND THAT'S...

SUPER KOOL....

My GOD bones continue to grow and grow and grow.. to an Infinity
of 'Quantum' Mind and body balance UNLEASHED....

YES..

THAT'S LITERALLY SUPER COOL....;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick