Page 1 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 6:09 am

Since NotYourShield, I've noticed that a lot of male feminists like to speak over women. I've had men accuse me of internalized misogyny and a male friend of mine has rejected me because he thinks I hate myself for my gender. This is only because I disagreed with him about Gamergate. Yeah - that's how weak some friendships are.

I just think its so f****d up that these men think that I need their f*****g approval before I can be considered an acceptable woman. Its worse than dealing with just your average sexist scum because at least they don't pretend to be on my side.

I've never experienced this in any other community, except religious ones. There's this dogma in feminism that just needs to die and be swiftly replaced with some critical thinking.

This is why I hate western feminism these days. There's no f*****g debate and you get ignored if you have a slight difference if opinion. Even if your core beliefs are the same, they think they can excommunicate you from the womans club.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 12:34 pm

I admit, I haven't encountered this. But then again, I haven't bothered looking for it, despite my signature on here. In all honesty, I CBA to argue with these people. As I mentioned on another thread, people don't use critical thinking when dealing with arguments. Even those who claim to be oh-so-truthful or moralistic (same thing), are probably the worst of the lot. Critical thinking needs to be shoved into peoples' brains, and then the world would spin a little faster, maybe.

That, and people ought to own up when they're wrong. BWA HA HA HA, what *a* thought!! Hmm...yep, never gonna happen.

It's an endless pit of despair when it comes to "debating". The proper thing rarely exists. We need a great leader, who's manipulative, in order to make some changes, since people won't change unless the media tells them so. Wait...that happens already, but to our detriment. People are herd-like and always will be. Oh well.

brett0007
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jan 2015, 1:19 pm

I've seen this with my involvement with Gamergate too, It riles me up no end, Who honestly thinks they have the right to write off what a women says because she doesn't tow the the feminist SJW line, To me it looks extremely dangerous to feminism and society as a whole when a inclusive rights movement starts excluding members of the minority group its fighting for over ideological schisms.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 1:47 pm

Modern feminism is a joke, anyway. If a woman doesn't agree 100% on every detail of women's rights, it's almost certain that she will called out as not being a feminist at all.

This is similar to the Neo-Conservatives of the last two decades who would speak out against anyone who did not agree with the Neo-Con agenda 100%.

Maybe the current crop of ultra-feminists are the Neo-Cons of the feminist movement ... call them Neo-Fems, then.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 3:48 am

I believe the usage of the words "feminist" and "feminism" warrents explicit definition before usage, as it seems different individuals have different definitions, which could lead to misunderstandings in discussions.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 9:26 am

I would call myself a male feminist.

I don't agree with much (if any) of the Radical Feminist ideology.

I don't see anything wrong with opening doors for ladies.

I do believe in equity between the genders, though.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 9:44 am

My views are similar to KK's.

Equal pay for equal labor? Absolutely!

Equal opportunities in education, employment, and housing? Of course!

Courteous treatment for everybody? Well ... If I'm in a good mood! :wink:

Although claiming that looking at an accounting spreadsheet involves an equal amount of labor as loading and unloading trucks in a warehouse stretches credibility just a wee bit.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 2:27 pm

Fnord wrote:
Although claiming that looking at an accounting spreadsheet involves an equal amount of labor as loading and unloading trucks in a warehouse stretches credibility just a wee bit.

If they get the same job done?

Still, I don't see it happening either.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 2:31 pm

It's happening right at this moment.

At the place where I work, there are more women judges, and more women lawyers than male judges and male lawyers.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 2:36 pm

Oh, I meant physical labour. I realise there's far more women in the workplace these days, like there's lots of women accountants. Jobs you'd never have seen them in before too...like bus drivers and taxi drivers. I wouldn't be a taxi driver. I guess if you were strong and tough though women can do it.

I've also noticed how many men there are with prams these days. I like that. I think it's cute when men look after children, it makes them look responsible and caring. Even though I don't like children..

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 2:57 pm

There's lots of TV shows these days which feature women carpenters who run repair projects.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 3:05 pm

I meant heavy lifting, as mentioned by Fnord.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 3:31 pm

Many women load trucks alongside men.

There was a poster here, in fact, who used to work for UPS, and who was a woman.

As for the "heavy lifting": that will come.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 3:50 pm

Fnord wrote:
Modern feminism is a joke, anyway. If a woman doesn't agree 100% on every detail of women's rights, it's almost certain that she will called out as not being a feminist at all.

This is similar to the Neo-Conservatives of the last two decades who would speak out against anyone who did not agree with the Neo-Con agenda 100%.

Maybe the current crop of ultra-feminists are the Neo-Cons of the feminist movement ... call them Neo-Fems, then.

It seems like this in every political/social argument these days in USA at least. The anonymity of the internet maybe?. Thats why USA is going down and out IMHO. We never really got over the 60's divisions. Anyway Autism being so misunderstood has given me a greater appreciation of how much I just don't get about other groups

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 3:58 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Many women load trucks alongside men.

There was a poster here, in fact, who used to work for UPS, and who was a woman.

As for the "heavy lifting": that will come.

Fair enough. :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 4:15 pm

One thing I agree with:

On construction sites, women are the ones who are frequently relegated to directing traffic.