How come women can hit men but men cant hit women?

Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 3:10 pm

How come it is okay for a woman to hit a man but not for a man to hit a woman?

drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Mar 2015, 3:17 pm

Who said it was okay for women to hit men? It's not okay for anyone to hit anyone else, period.

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 3:18 pm

It's not OK for women to hit men. It's assault either way.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 3:21 pm

No one should be hitting anyone...but if its going to happen I do not really get that, I mean obviously I don't think its ok for someone to just start beating on anyone regardless of their gender. But everyone does have the right to defend them self as well from anyone of any gender who attacks them...if you get hit first and the person isn't going to stop what are you to do?

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Mar 2015, 3:47 pm

Because females have a higher value in society due to reproduction. For example, if you have 50 men and 10 women the tribe can only gain 10 people in 9 months where as with 20 men to 50 women the tribe can gain 50 people in 9 month. Thus, society and evolution has taught us to value female life over male life.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 3:51 pm

Orangez wrote:
Because females have a higher value in society due to reproduction. For example, if you have 50 men and 10 women the tribe can only gain 10 people in 9 months where as with 20 men to 50 women the tribe can gain 50 people in 9 month. Thus, society and evolution has taught us to value female life over male life.

This is simply untrue. It may have been somewhat true at some time in the past. But it is not true in contemporary society. If a woman assaults a man in the sight of a police officer, she will be arrested and charged with a crime.

Sherry221B
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 3:55 pm

Both can hit each other, but doing so is wrong. I have no idea what made you think that.

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Mar 2015, 4:01 pm

Adamantium wrote:
Orangez wrote:

This is simply untrue. It may have been somewhat true at some time in the past. But it is not true in contemporary society. If a woman assaults a man in the sight of a police officer, she will be arrested and charged with a crime.

What world do you live in? It is a basic response that is hard coded in our DNA. This bias to women is why females usually get lower prisons sentences than males. Even in the media still continues this as in any news report it usually state no women or child where harm. Thus, it shows that they value females more than males.

BTW, I am not a MRA.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 4:03 pm

It's called a double standard, and it does exist regardless of modern thinking saying that no one should hit anyone.

It's because women are the fairer/weaker sex & men are typically much stronger.

It's unfair for a big strong man to strike a smaller weaker woman as he's much more likely to physically hurt her than she is to hurt him should she strike him. Simple as that.

But yeah, people shouldn't be hitting each other.. but historically, that's why the double standard exists. As much as women have gone through their rights movement and demand equality blah blah blah, there's still the double standard that exists because they simply are, on average, smaller & weaker than men.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 4:06 pm

It's not OK for anyone to hit another being.

But I can see where that statement came from. Men are (usually) physically stronger than woman and can knock one out with a single hit if they want(my father actually did it to my mother - she ended up in hospital with a broken bone). If a woman hits a man even on her full strength she won't probably do much damage and the man will be strong enough to immobilize her without hurting if he feels like he is actually in danger.
It's just unfair fight.

I was hit by a man and immobilized by him.

I was unable to protect myself because I lacked the strength. I could hit him if I moved fast enough to sneak through his defense but when he got my hands I was unable to do anything because I couldn't move anymore. And when I tried to catch his hands he just twisted the hold and was ready to attack again because his hands were free again.
And my hits were not causing any damage to him although I tried to hit as strong as I could. My fists were hurt but the men didn't seem to feel any pain in chest nor arms. But at least he got angry when I managed to hit his forehead once. But there was no damage either, not even pink skin.

And it wasn't even a serious fight, just a sparing so he was not doing his best.

Last edited by Kiriae on 06 Mar 2015, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 4:09 pm

The OP is correct to a degree. A woman slapping a man across the face is not viewed the same as a man slapping a woman. (And I don't have to explain the obvious reason for that.) I do agree that it's not OK for a woman to hit a man -- but it really isn't the same.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 4:13 pm

darkphantomx1 wrote:
How come it is okay for a woman to hit a man but not for a man to hit a woman?

Physical assault is never okay. Communication has failed, their emotions are in control instead of their cognition, that is a dangerous situation regardless of the attackers sex.
I think it is more socially unacceptable for a man to hit a woman because of the biological physical differences i.e. upper body strength.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 4:34 pm

Yah it's more acceptable for a woman to hit/slap a man then it is for a man to do the same. I think a part of it is that many boys growing up are told to never hit a girl. Also another reason is that women are seen as the weaker sex at least physically. A much bigger man hitting a woman would probably be a big no-no.

Also another thing to point out is that if a man even lays a finger on his gf, people will react negatively. But if a woman hits a man, then it is acceptable because either he must have deserved it or he's so much bigger that it won't hurt him.

And if you still think there's no difference, then watch this video.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 4:45 pm

I agree with everyone else, here, in that it is NOT okay, for anyone to hit anyone!

I also agree with what others have said about women being weaker, physically----I HAVE seen some women who could deck a man; but, they're the exception.

I also agree with what Orangez said in regard to women being more valuable ("Even in the media still continues this as in any news report it usually state no women or child where harm."). If you don't think this mindset still exists, just think about when that inept captain ran the Costa Concordia (I THINK that was the name of the ship), aground, and everybody's second words, were "What happened to women and children, FIRST?" (Their FIRST words, were: "Whatever happened to the captain going-down with his ship?") Also, everybody calls a motor vehicle, and other heavy machinery, "she" (at least, in the U.S.); plus, up until about 10-15 years ago, or so, hurricanes were ONLY named after women.... My thinking is, it's because these things are to be respected----but, it does NOT justify a woman abusing a man, IMO.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 5:09 pm

I have no quibble with most of the opinions expressed here.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 5:10 pm

OK, that's depressing.