You learn something new everyday: what did you learn today?

Page 54 of 142 [ 2257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 142  Next

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 3:50 am

How to put a file path in a word document footer. Just kill me now. :wink:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 4:10 am

...That there ain't no good in an evil-hearted woman. And I ain't cut out to be no Jesse James. And you don't go writing hot checks down in Mississippi. And there ain't no good chain gang. :) .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 11:14 am

that breathing in too much smoke-laden air contributes to a sore throat and a cough.

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 2:01 am

I learned that there are Douglas DC-3 planes still flying today, more than 80 years after they were first made. 8O

The DC-3 is one of the most revolutionary aircraft ever made. They were produced from around 1935–1945 (including military variants like the C-47), and thousands of the planes were used in commercial flights or as military transports during WWII. It was the first aeroplane to make commercial passenger aviation profitable, and it's a testament to the plane's sturdy, adaptable design that they are still used to this day.

In New Zealand there's at least one airline that has it in active service: Air Chathams, a small regional airline that runs a DC-3 plane on its Auckland–Whakatane passenger route in summer months, along with charter flights at other times. The plane itself was made in 1945, and has been in service with both the Royal NZ Air Force and for passenger services around the Pacific. Good grief, I might have to book a flight while it's still around. :D

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 7:22 am

When you have OCD, don't go through all your obsessions to make sure they're gone when you're feeling better :( .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Aug 2017, 6:38 pm

I learnt about Charles ii of Spain. He was the last of the Habsburg line; he was heavily inbred, he was ret*d, bald by the age of 30, heavily disfigured, senile by 35, incontinent, impotent...thats why inbreeding is a really bad idea.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 6:43 pm

Murihiku wrote:
In New Zealand there's at least one airline that has it in active service: Air Chathams, a small regional airline that runs a DC-3 plane on its Auckland–Whakatane passenger route in summer months, along with charter flights at other times. The plane itself was made in 1945, and has been in service with both the Royal NZ Air Force and for passenger services around the Pacific. Good grief, I might have to book a flight while it's still around. :D
Cool! I love airplanes with round motors!
Ah, they do have photos, would be astonishing if that site didn't.
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-Chat ... -3/4331609
Gotta love photo caption,
Quote:
A pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Ohh yes!
Quote:
"Here upon landing I was lucky enough to get some flaming action from those radials."

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-Chat ... -3/2439845

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 5:18 am

I learned that I am perfectly happy and willing to spend all day and night restoring just 3 minutes of audio.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 10:22 am

I learned that if you're laying down its harder for gas to escape :P I kinda already knew that but I was sharing that info with someone else who said their stomach was bothering them and said it was from gas

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Aug 2017, 6:32 pm

I've been reading about the polish development of the wz88 Tantal assault rifle. It was a very unique derivative of the soviet ak74 assault rifle; it was the only such rifle with a spigot type grenade launcher, it was the only one with a 3 round burst.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Aug 2017, 3:18 pm

I learned the German blitzkrieg was powered by methamphetamine. Hitler wanted to push through to France, going through Belgium. His generals were all, no you can't do that it would take 2 weeks, your spearheads would need to sleep every night giving the allies a chance to retreat. So, they brought in the "stimulant decree", they had the pharmaceutical industry manufacture 30 million pervidine (methamphetamine) tablets for the wermacht...they reached France in 3 days, nobody slept.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 3:35 pm

How to water plants

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 4:29 pm

that it was WELL WORTH going all that distance to view the august 21 total solar eclipse. :alien:

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 12:36 pm

That FFMPEG can convert movies to animated Gif so i don't have to fuzz around with image sequences any more.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2017, 7:30 pm

that pedal harp and harpsichord better every music they are a part of. :dj:

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 4:03 am

I've learned (over time) - if I am unable to make sense of something, after a brief period of trying, it is best to simply walk away from the situation and keep moving forward... o n w a r d