Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

mookestink
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Apr 2015, 6:46 pm

Is it possible to erase all trace of samsara and awaken to Buddha-consciousness? Can a conscious being fine-tune their consciousness until it is no longer subject to delusion, emotion, bias, and suffering? Or is Enlightenment a false picture of the world? If it is false, is Enlightenment nevertheless a valuable goal?

Alienhybrid
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Apr 2015, 6:54 am

Dear Grasshopper,

Enlightenment can realistically be expected in small doses that last briefly.
Many things can bring about enlightenment, and they are different for everyone.
Many people achieve states of enlightenment, even those who have never even heard of Buddha.

According to Vedanta, there are only two symptoms of enlightenment, just two indications that a transformation is taking place within you toward a higher consciousness. The first symptom is that you stop worrying. Things don't bother you anymore. You become light-hearted and full of joy. The second symptom is that you encounter more and more meaningful coincidences in your life, more and more synchronicities. And this accelerates to the point where you actually experience the miraculous.

“Know then thyself, presume not God to scan,
The proper study of mankind is Man.
Placed on this isthmus of a middle state,
A being darkly wise and rudely great:
With too much knowledge for the Sceptic side,
With too much weakness for the Stoic's pride,
He hangs between, in doubt to act or rest;
In doubt to deem himself a God or Beast;
In doubt his mind or body to prefer;
Born but to die, and reas'ning but to err;
Alike in ignorance, his reason such,
Whether he thinks too little or too much;
Chaos of thought and passion, all confused;
Still by himself abused or disabused;
Created half to rise, and half to fall;
Great lord of all things, yet a prey to all;
Sole judge of truth, in endless error hurl'd;
The glory, jest, and riddle of the world!”
― Alexander Pope, An Essay on Man

google: sayings on enlightenment

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2015, 8:02 am

Yeah I think so

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2015, 8:10 am

Has anyone here actually done it?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2015, 8:41 am

Link: Map of Nirvana

It's a great place for camping, fishing, and hunting.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2015, 2:04 pm

It was a decent band in the 90s.......

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

slave
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2015, 2:16 pm

mookestink wrote:
Is it possible to erase all trace of samsara and awaken to Buddha-consciousness? Can a conscious being fine-tune their consciousness until it is no longer subject to delusion, emotion, bias, and suffering? Or is Enlightenment a false picture of the world? If it is false, is Enlightenment nevertheless a valuable goal?

The correct answer is very simple.

Nirvana literally means 'total extinction' or ' to be extinguished'(like a candle) ....that is the extinction of the self, all concepts, ideas, thoughts, beliefs, dreams, hopes, illusions, delusions, fears, etc.....

It is the No-state state.
The pathless Path.

There is no self to enlighten.
No self to awaken.
No self at all.

NB: Nirvana is not attained or found. Nirvana already is and is therefore REALIZED to be the only always stateless state.

Dr. Stephen Wolinsky regarding the teachings of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW4uwLqesZA (yes the quality of the AV is shyt)

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2015, 3:21 pm

Alienhybrid wrote:
Dear Grasshopper,

Enlightenment can realistically be expected in small doses that last briefly.
Many things can bring about enlightenment, and they are different for everyone.
Many people achieve states of enlightenment, even those who have never even heard of Buddha.

According to Vedanta, there are only two symptoms of enlightenment, just two indications that a transformation is taking place within you toward a higher consciousness. The first symptom is that you stop worrying. Things don't bother you anymore. You become light-hearted and full of joy. The second symptom is that you encounter more and more meaningful coincidences in your life, more and more synchronicities. And this accelerates to the point where you actually experience the miraculous.

This is Close to a perfect

explanation here,

one provides for Nirvana.

Yes, hell yes, HEAVEN YES! Nirvana is real.

I catch just sparks of it at times when I am much younger, perhaps for an hour here or a minute there.

But since the end of July 2013, it is my state of being continuously with real human miracles evidenced here, on this site, continually, as I increase my human spiritual and physical potential with no limits or expectations seen.

IT's total 'BS', to suggest that Nirvana is a state of nothingness of no feeling.

That is total opposite of the bliss of Nirvana that is 10,000 times greater than any human orgasm imaginable, and CAN last forever now, as evidenced irrefutably in my life now.

Trust me, if 'zillionaires' can feel just one second of what I experience in the 'heaven of now' that has been described and forecast by various philosophies and religions for Aeons, the 'zillionaires', will realize that a zillion is nothing in comparison to the never ending story and experience of true nirvana in the bliss of heaven now.

They will give away most of their money, as they will no longer see the need for money. It's as simple as that; however, almost impossible for a rich person to achieve who is looking on the outside for happiness in things instead of the emotions and senses of human within mind and body balance.

And when a human being attains enlightenment and awakening like this they have the energy of a nuclear bomb-like Titanium force of being that no human can weaken or distract.

It's incredible stuff. I am not allowed to evidence it anymore, directly on this site. But all the evidence is in my signature link, including pressing 930LBS with my legs 14 times slowly with my hands raised in the air; not getting cold and dancing in the snow of around to below 20 degree temperatures, with just my underwear on; dance walking a martial arts and ballet style of dance walk now over 3300 miles in 19 months, all around my metro area, with my 'shopaholic' wife; and dancing with 20 something year old gorgeous girls, at my age of 54, attracting them like honey with a photo collage of over 250 photos.

Before awakening and enlightenment in July of 2013, I am almost a complete shut-in with the worst pain known to mankind, type two Trigeminal Neuralgia, assessed in medical literature as worse than crucifixion, from wake to sleep for me during all of those over five years, along with 18 other serious medical disorders including Sjorgren's Syndrome, Severe Degenerative Arthritis in my spine, Spinal Stenosis, a congenitally fused vertebrae in my neck, Dysautonomia, Fibromyalgia, AND etc., etc. etc...

After awakening and enlightenment all disorders disappear like they never come into existence, to what some of my 'doctors' call a religious-type miracle.

And I experience literally hundreds of meaningful Synchronicities, on a daily basis,
evidenced in the documentation of my blogs, as well.

This is precisely what the so-called historical man Jesus, whomever the metaphors of poetic expression can be attributed to, IS referring to as much greater human potential in life.

It is like a human being reborn out of cocoon and becoming butterfly in relative metaphor, as such.

Truly resurrection and being reborn is precisely this. I evidence the reality of it everyday of my life, for folks to view both online and in real flesh and blood life WITH me.

I have been named both a miracle and a legend of dance in my metro area, with literally hundreds of videos recorded by others and shared on various social networks, of a dance routine in the general public that no one has seen before, as it is all innate, instinctual, and intuitive powered within the higher human potential that CAN BE human resurrected from the ashes of lower human potential and reborn as 'butterfly from cocoon'.

And of course, there will be people cynical of this truth and light, as always, as well as people who are afraid of the darkness that CAN BE required to attain this miraculous way of achieving much greater human potential in one evolving life of spirit expressed in the flesh of human being way..:)

I retain and expand these higher human potentials by a perfection of practice IN PHYSICAL INTELLIGENCE of never ending goal other than unconditional love, faith, hope, and belief, through human relative free will that are all real life human emoting emotions that do regulate emotions as well, and integrate senses increasing focus and short term working memory for a 'perfect' practice of mind and body balance

All of 'these' lead to mastery over one's body with mind in balance in an experience of life that is both literally and metaphorically, LIMITLESS.

FOR ALL PRACTICAL INTENTS and purposes, I am now, 'Titanium'.

There is absolutely nothing like it, in the human experience; rarely sought, found, greater employed, utilized and practiced in real flesh and blood life; but never the less, perhaps the realest thing in human experience that can and will exist for those who experience it.

And, oh no, I'm not the first one. This is mostly meaningless to folks who do not experience this but similar experiences for those who are interested in it, are recorded all over the world, in metaphors of philosophies and religions, of this realest part of existential intelligence expressed in flesh and blood, not imaginable, to most folks, and again, rarely realized, these days, as complex abstract language and cultures, makes the 'eye of the needle' smaller and the 'camel' bigger for most folks cannot find a way to escape in, in a culture outside instead of inside human being.

My illnesses are truly a blessing, as losing effective use of my eyes and ears for over 5 years, is just the ticket of escape I need to now live in the kingdom of the heaven of now in Nirvana and Bliss all my nows, now..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2015, 4:24 pm

They say "if you meet Buddha on the road, kill him". What this means is that if you think you've found enlightenment, you really have not. Enlightenment is about the journey, not the destination. If you want a better explanation of this quote, look here: http://www.dailybuddhism.com/archives/670

Now, I can't really say I'm a practicing Buddhist, but I find some of the ideology to be quite fascinating, and profound as well. Certainly an easier dogma for me to agree with than something like Christianity.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2015, 5:01 pm

Fnord wrote:
Has anyone here actually done it?

There is nothing to be 'done'.
There is no one here to do it. :wink:

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2015, 4:01 pm

Look up swami vivekananda.

:)

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 12:09 am

Yes they were a band in the 90s and one of the best of the 90s! R.I.P.Kurt!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 2:18 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Yes they were a band in the 90s and one of the best of the 90s! R.I.P.Kurt!

You know, I was tempted to say something like that. :P "Teen Spirit" is a good song, but I think this is one of Nirvana's best:

Anyway, I know you're pretty big on atheism, but what do you think of the Eastern religions, like Buddhism, Shinto, Taoism, etc? Even though I'm not a practitioner of any of them, I do think they have some pretty good concepts behind them.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 2:59 am

:D

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

mookestink
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Apr 2015, 6:22 pm

How do you recognize if someone else is enlightened, or if they are bullshitting?

How do you tell if you are bullshitting and aren't actually enlightened?

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2015, 7:21 pm

Someone who is enlightened will not tell or brag about being enlightened. So you cannot know.