Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

JenniferJones2015
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jun 2015, 3:17 pm

Shoggothgoat wrote:
Moromillas wrote:
Shoggothgoat wrote:
Seriously what kinda of dumba** people would think that drinking bleach is a good idea? not to mention industrial strength bleach. Has there ever been a case where ingesting anything with the name "industrial strenght" in it has been a good idea?

The desperate kind. The kind that think AS people are so forgone that death would be a better alternative. They'll also say "it's not bleach" and rattle off some chemicals. Seems like they're in the crazy dehumanization camp, where autism is separate from the person, and that it's only dangerous to "the autism".

And they call us ret*d.....

:lol:

BoyInGreen
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jun 2015, 6:47 am

Indeed, I think that many people can't countenance that people may have different strengths and weaknesses and so they dismiss them as "diseased" or needing a cure, and hence why the likes of MMS can take advantage of this. It's very depressing.

JenniferJones2015
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jun 2015, 10:27 pm

BoyInGreen wrote:
Indeed, I think that many people can't countenance that people may have different strengths and weaknesses and so they dismiss them as "diseased" or needing a cure, and hence why the likes of MMS can take advantage of this. It's very depressing.

And scary. The media keeps talking about wanting 'cures' for autism, parallel with wanting 'cures' for non-hetero sexual orientations -- and the thought that keeps bugging me is, 'why can't y'all just let people be? There's 7+ billion people on the planet now; there doesn't need to be any fear of the human race (schmucky as it is) dying out -- so why can't people be ok with those who they perceive to be 'different,'?