Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 6:18 am

A question I posted 9 years ago on YahooAnswers (it was pretty good back in those days actually).

Quote:
QUESTION: Neurochemicals? How many are involved in emotional responses? And which ones?
And is there any way of putting a number to the variables that occur due to environmental influences?

ANSWER: There are lots of neurochemicals, and the ones you're interested in are called neurotransmitters...

Major ones are: gamma amino bytyric acid; serotonin; norepinephrine; dopamine. Also involved are countless polypeptides (often only a few aminoacids long, sometimes dozens) like melanin, the endorphins, the enkephalins, the endocannabinoids and others...

We're still unravelling the signalling systems and such of the brain, and the more we learn, the more complex it gets.

The big thing you have to realize is that the most recent data indicates that it is highly probably that the brain's chemistry is what is called (mathematically) deterministic chaos. What that means is that any single small step is totally describable, and its immediate outcome is totally predictable, but when you expand to dozens or hundreds of steps, across large areas of involvement, it gets 'way out of hand, and the error of the estimate becomes larger than the estimate. How environmental influences affect this is really tough to analyze, given the massive complexity and the incompleteness of our data.

So, with emotions being no more than neurochemical variables, we, as humans or any other mammal for that matter, are really no more than a mathemathical equation?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 9:35 am

Some folks are more like

mathematical equations

than others.

Ha HA!; tHere is no predicting me,

as I have proven time and time again on this forum.

So, there is NO MATHEMATICAL EQUATION THAT IS ME.

I AM A FREE 'UNI-VERSE' HUMAN BEING..;)

But seriously, folks who never
seek, find, employ, develop,
utilize and PRACTICE
the IMAGINATIVE AND
CREATIVE
physical intelligence
THROUGH THE OVERALL
COGNITIVE EXECUTIVE
FUNCTIONING OF
REASONING AND CREATIVE
HUMAN RELATIVE FREE WILL
TO REGULATE emotions and
integrate senses, and INCREASE
cognitive executive functioning through
greater focus and short term working memory, are often very rigid in their thinking,
and very easy to predict as they tend to think in black and white ways and do the
same dam thing over and over again, to get the same results.

And if they expect a different result in life, like love or happiness,
it will never ever happen according to another extremely
imaginative and creative individual, Einstein,
who states in words more or less
that THAT IS THE
DEFINITION
OF FRIGGING
INSANITY.

AND HONESTLY, FOR ANYONE who is 'half-alive', they INTUIT that the SYNERGY,
of the materialistic reductionist details that the scientific method breaks down as
the 'bones/trees' of the details of human beings, is much GREATER AS IS THE FULL
FLESH AND BLOOD FOREST THAT CAN BE THE WORK OF ART IN/OF FULLER HUMAN
POTENTIAL OF/IN 'QUANTUM HUMAN MIND UNLEASHED' FOR MUCH greater human
experience, including the ability to self-heal and become as strong as a frigging
'WOOKIEE', WITH THE 'FORCE' OF THE ENTIRE FRIGGING UNIVERSE MORE FULLY
IN TOW AND FLOW AS one with ONE UNI-VERSAL FLOW IN AND AS IS NOW
JUST LETTING IT GO BABY, RELEASING THE FULLER QUANTUM HUMAN
MIND,
UNLEASHED.

Yes,
I AM UNLEASHED
AND FREE, AND NO
FRIGGING MATH EQUATION;
BUT I DO COME ACROSS 'THEM'
at times here;
easy to figure out
and predict as I go;
I can only hope that
they too get to be free
as well, one now, like
my nows, always now..:)

Being a 'math equation' s**S;
been there done it, big time, as
a robot human being more AND
LESS.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 4:40 pm

aghogday wrote:

Not even one expressed in musical form?

Quote:
although music has no axiomatic foundation in modern mathematics, mathematics is "the basis of sound" and sound itself "in its musical aspects... exhibits a remarkable array of number properties", simply because nature itself "is amazingly mathematical".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_and_mathematics

I've always been fascinated as to why different music has a different effect on different people. Never studied music theory, my parents didn't approve of the arts and life threw other things my way but I'm almost convinced every person would have a 'perfect' composition to match their particular neurochemistry.

Quote:
Right from the time of Euclid (325-265 BC), and even before, there has been a mathematical way of talking about music. https://plus.maths.org/content/os/issue ... augh/index

Not that I understand the maths mind you.
But the music is different.
It's a language without words to me 8)

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 5:17 pm

guzzle wrote:
aghogday wrote:

Not even one expressed in musical form?

Quote:
although music has no axiomatic foundation in modern mathematics, mathematics is "the basis of sound" and sound itself "in its musical aspects... exhibits a remarkable array of number properties", simply because nature itself "is amazingly mathematical".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_and_mathematics

I've always been fascinated as to why different music has a different effect on different people. Never studied music theory, my parents didn't approve of the arts and life threw other things my way but I'm almost convinced every person would have a 'perfect' composition to match their particular neurochemistry.

Quote:
Right from the time of Euclid (325-265 BC), and even before, there has been a mathematical way of talking about music. https://plus.maths.org/content/os/issue ... augh/index

Not that I understand the maths mind you.
But the music is different.
It's a language without words to me 8)

Yes, I most definitely agree with one about music, as a language without words; and if one likes, one will 'see' above that the music I compose from my heart and soul, some 7 to 8 years ago, in expressing spirit, is in emotional flow, as well as what I do in flow of creating free verse poetry, in 'free writing', wHere I do not consciously think about the words;

they just flow off of my finger-tips same as the music of ebony and ivory keys and even the so-called 'mistakes' that make a pattern of what is the heart and soul of me expressed as spirit then, through a keyboard of notes, instead of letters.

It is all 'sign language' for and from the human heArt and soul more fully expressed to others, as well as the dance I do now, everywhere I go, now, 3444 miles in 20 months that people remark they have never seen before, as a mix of ballet and martial arts-like free style that leads me with no verbal thought in direction from me, as 'BE water' to Quote a hero as 'large as REAL HISTORICAL FLESH AND BLOOD Jesus', if he really lives, to me, as BRUCE LEE.

Human innate instinct and intuition is art and truly never equation and or science, AND in truly feeling and not just knowing THAT one truly knows the 'face of GOD' as a fractal expression, 'face to face with GOD', of what 'we' too, can express as 'children of the GOD of Nature', just as is, NOW that continues to evolve with us, every now of every now, when we move from robot mind to the mind of Unconditional Love that is synonymous with the mind of FLOW IN CREATIVITY FREE, AS TRUly HUMANS, WHO are unadulterated by culture and religion WILL DO NATURALLY WHEN letting 'IT go';

SET FREE..:)

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 5:27 pm

Neurotransmitters are a mechanism, which messages get passed on. So it not quite true an emotional response is "just" neurotransmitters.

It kind of like saying that digital computing is just binary states, when binary is an encoding of information.

DNA is "just" a combination of a handful of compounds join in different combinations, but it also encodes a huge amount of information.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 8:56 am

0_equals_true wrote:
Neurotransmitters are a mechanism, which messages get passed on. So it not quite true an emotional response is "just" neurotransmitters.
Emotions are neurochemical variables and an emotional response is the outcome of that variable.

Quote:
Neurotransmitters are a mechanism, which messages get passed on.
To me they are the messengers.

Quote:
It kind of like saying that digital computing is just binary states, when binary is an encoding of information.
And it is to me. A binary computer can not think for itself.

Quote:
DNA is "just" a combination of a handful of compounds join in different combinations, but it also encodes a huge amount of information.

It replicates itself and uses RNA as an intermediate.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK26876/

Humans aren't binary.
Thoughts are a biologically driven state of entanglement
Psychosis would be the human equivalent of decoherence

Back to me garden now, really need to sow some carrots :mrgreen:

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 9:03 am

aghogday wrote:

and if one likes, one will 'see' above that the music I compose from my heart and soul, some 7 to 8 years ago, in expressing spirit, is in emotional flow, as well as what I do in flow of creating free verse poetry, in 'free writing', wHere I do not consciously think about the words

Never been able to express myself artistically beyond dancing and gardening.

If you wrote that piece of music yourself I am impressed 8)
It's harmonious in so far it is pleasing to my ear despite it being played on an out of tune piano :)
Your writing is more laborious to take in though :wink:

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 10:15 am

guzzle wrote:
aghogday wrote:

and if one likes, one will 'see' above that the music I compose from my heart and soul, some 7 to 8 years ago, in expressing spirit, is in emotional flow, as well as what I do in flow of creating free verse poetry, in 'free writing', wHere I do not consciously think about the words

Never been able to express myself artistically beyond dancing and gardening.

If you wrote that piece of music yourself I am impressed 8)
It's harmonious in so far it is pleasing to my ear despite it being played on an out of tune piano :)
Your writing is more laborious to take in though :wink:

I did not 'WRITE' that music; I created it in internal flow of imagination and creativity with absolutely no guiding verbal instructions of 'musical' thought, per all the 'science' of music taught by piano teachers..:)

There is the 'ear of music' and the 'science' of music; AS well as the 'science of the human language' and 'the art of the human language'. Truly it takes an imaginative and creative 'ear' in the sense of imaginative and creative mind unleashed and released, in what I like to term as metaphor of 'Quantum Human Mind Unleashed' to fully appreciate these more abstract human emotionally, imaginatively, and creatively produced arts.

In fact, it will be impossible to actually write music for what I create in the linked video, as it follows no specific laws of music, as currently defined, in how sheet music is specifically written.

And no, I am certainly not the first one to accomplish this, as musicians such as Syd Barrett are noted as accomplishing similar feats, and in his case, shortly before he goes to the 'DEEPER end', as a diagnosed schizophrenic.

There is a spectrum of the creative mind that definitely is associated with so-called madness; but there is also a fine balance that CAN be accomplished through both reason and creativity; that I can say with confidence that I am currently mastering, greater, as I go.

But I do not write for the comprehension, as the technical manual says, one should for the 8th grader, and no personal offense intended to you, please understand, with that metaphor.

AS truly if I attempt to step into my shoes before I gain greater imaginative and creative power in the art of abstract emotional mind and physical greater imaginative and creative intelligences, I will likely just skim past my writing too, as writing before I become imaginative and creative is of little to no interest to me, and particularly poetry, as it is mostly just meaningless gibberish to me then, as well.

So in other words, I totally expect the negative responses I get on this Internet site, particularly, as it truly is a deficit in fuller human potential not to have greater human potential in imagination and creativity and all the potential arts physical arts in intelligences expressed from that.

I express creativity in my early teens; but that is snuffed out by an emotionally, imaginatively and creatively repressive patriarchal red state, so-called 'fundie' Christian, culture, all the way through my civil service military career.

I never can do anything, then but play piano by sheet music, until my truly creative and imaginative mind is AWAKENED AND ENLIGHTENED ALL NATURALLY AROUND AGE 47, BY STRUGGLE AND ADAPTATION TO CHRONIC STRESS, AND RESULTING HORRIFYING DISEASE AND DISORDERS, TO THE tune of 19 total disorders/disease, as detailed, much greater here, in the past.

I LEARN MUCH ABOUT INNATE INSTINCTUAL AND INTUITIVE HUMAN NATURE THROUGH ALL NATURAL PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

This is hard to relate in the 'STANDARD of Queen's English vernacular', so I go new ways, in hopes of expressing something in metaphors that may spark a similar awakening and enlightenment in others, in fuller human imaginative and creative intelligences physical human potentials, expressed as such.

And to date, it is effective in limited affect of emotional ways of affecting change in real flesh and blood life effect; but truly more so in the dance in the equally if not more creative art of dance, I accomplish now, in my local metro area, 3444 miles, in 20 months.

Many people directly tell me I inspire them greater light in life, by being brave enough to master an extremely unique and what is described as an amazing way of ballet/martial arts dance by many other spectators, in the general public.

I develop carpal tunnel syndrome by playing the piano extensively and intensively back in 2007, when I under a two year duress of flight of fight work related chronic stress. The Carpal tunnel syndrome is so bad that I almost get to the point where I cannot effectively use my hands. I am okay, with an ergonomic typing keyboard, relatively speaking, with still some minor issues; but for now the piano is in my past.

And by the way; the piano is perfectly tuned as it is an electronic piano. The reason it doesn't sound quite right, is all I have back then, is a cheap dictation device to record it on as a whim; as I then, am not taking what I am doing seriously as it is just an exercise to attempt to keep my emotions intact; which are eventually lost through chronic stress, disease, and disorder, as well.

The recording is transferred from that dictation device from the music in 2007 to 2013 YouTube way, and unfortunately is crappy; but that music is unique and will never be reproduced by me, or any sheet music as is, as it is a direct expression of the art of heArt, and no scientific approximation of a science of music.

No computer will ever be able to reproduce that; although as in the video I provided, computers do arrange beautifully composed 'PERFECT SCIENCE' OF MUSIC, physically expressed, MUSIC CREATIONS.

BUT NAH, NO COMPUTER WILL EVER REPLICATE THE 'QUANTUM HUMAN MIND' UNLEASHED AND RELEASED IN the true flow of imagination and creativity as it reflects the 'Quantum GOD' of all that is; that has no leashes that can be reined or reigned over by the minds of computers either in machines or flesh and blood, as my so-called 'perfect science mind' per systemization is referred to by peers, as in the 'IMITATION GAME' THAT USED TO BE MY LIFE as only partial human being with little to no imagination and creativity, in tow or IMAGINATIVE CREATIVE FLOW.

In my opinion, in my case, the environment I am exposed to IN MY LIFE, is directly responsible for that computer mind, in what I feed my mind everyday in mechanical cognition, then, instead of empathic imaginative creative ways of social cognition, now, as an adaptation for cure.

So yes, in my opinion, my so-called deficits of Autism that are viewed then as a limited systemizing 'perfect' structure of analytical mind are truly a deficit of culture, and not truly a gift but an overall, curse, IN REAL FLESH AND BLOOD LIFE OF MORE FULLY CONNECTING TO OTHER HUMAN BEINGS AND NATURE IN GENERAL AKA GOD.

So yes, in my opinion, this type of Autism can and will BE CURED BY FOLKS LIKE ME WHO ARE INNOVATIVE ENOUGH, IMAGINATIVE AND CREATIVE ENOUGH, TO HEAL THEIR SELF;

NOT SURE how many have the potential to do this;

but my science mind tells me I cannot reasonably be the only Autistic person in the world that can heal their REAL TIME RECIPROCAL SOCIAL COMMUNICATION DEFICITS; AS I CAN Walk INTO ANY PUBLIC place now and spark up a conversation of interest with almost any stranger now, and develop a potential mutual lifelong friendship, as well.

That's a cure for me, and I love it beyond what most people can likely believe. But never the less, it is REAL IN MY
UNIVERSE,

AND PERHAPS POSSIBLE IN THE UNIVERSE OF OTHERS, AS WELL, WITH similar deficits of Autism that I DO BEFORE have, IN an extremely limiting effect and AFFECT ON MY HUMAN POTENTIAL and POTENTIAL IN THOSE successful social interactions with real life flesh and blood folks.

And to be clear, I do not communicate like this in flesh and blood life.

My verbal communication is much different than my written communication, as I take all the visual and auditory social cues into consideration of the effect and affect I am having on others in FLESH AND BLOOD, reciprocal social communication.

Obviously, IF, I relay all this information to a 'normal' person in real life, they will likely experience a 'headache', as not everyone's mind either flies as fast as mine does in either thought or verbal communication as an extremely fast potential verbal speaker now, TOO, unless I consciously slow it down, as I do, to meet the human potential of others to receive that much faster thinking and talking mind, in real flesh and blood time, now.

AS a lifelong pianist in ways of sheet music, I type up to 130 words or so a minute when properly focused, and read up to 10 to 15 times faster, as per my innate Hyperlexic form of Autism.

What you 'see' here and may not be able to fully 'hear', can be accomplished by me in a matter of minutes.

I have no idea what it will be like to read so-called normal and think so called normal; and without real time feedback of distress on folks faces, there are no breaks for either this mind or fingers, as I flow in creativity and reason on this TYPING keyboard now.

But I am what I am and I will be free to be who I am, as long as the moderators tolerate that here.

If not, it's no surprise as history shows the same frigging thing happens to innovative artists time and time again, with their work not fully appreciated until there are 'eyes' that can more fully appreciate it.

But that is how 'folks like me'

always advance the human race.

'WE are crazy enough' to know;

that almost anything is possible with,

FREE UNLEASHED AND RELEASED IMAGINATIVE
AND CREATIVE MIND; YES, SET FULLY FREE;

AND WITH the freedom of expression the Internet does bring
with no censorship personal blogs and YouTube expressions;
there is no telling or 'taling' now where
the human imaginative and
creative minds of

human may eventually
guide the rest of
the human race.

The illusion is;

It's not possible.

I'll stick with the reality
of what I know to be real
human potential in both imagination,
creativity and MUCH GREATER physical intelligence,
as well as myriads of other potential human intelligences
untouched by the prisons of human freedom of expression in
CENSORSHIP OF HUMAN MUCH GREATER POTENTIAL; YES, MYRIADS
OF OTHER UNTOUCHED
INCREDIBLE
INTELLIGENCES THAT i FOR ONE
continue to seek and find and become
one with, in greater
HUMAN
POTENTIAL..:)

But anyway, thanks for taking the
time and reciprocal social communication
effort to share in my achievements.

That sounds kind of dry but it is the science
of kindness to me, as well; that is also an ART
for me, IN AT LEAST, 'REAL LIFE' NOW, and in
the poetic circles online that I also 'inHABIT'
AT TIMES..:)