I wonder why almost all journalists make fun of Christians..

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 10:40 am

I wonder why almost all journalists make fun of Christians (both Catholics, Protestants or orthodox) It is allowed but on Islam or Judaism aren't?

I noticed that the mainstream media in Poland where I live and everything in the world, do not respond when someone slanders Christians, and often do it themselves, but when someone does something similar in relation to Muslims or Jews it is just great indignation and bring condemnation on them-self of whole "progressive" world :-)

Do not get me wrong, I believe in freedom of speech but I also think that we should not laugh at other people's religion, ethics or worldview.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 12:37 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
I wonder why almost all journalists make fun of Christians (both Catholics, Protestants or orthodox) It is allowed but on Islam or Judaism aren't?
Because Christians are less likely to commit acts of terrorism against the media for being criticized by the media.

Journalists - by and large - are cowards who go after only the 'safe' targets.

Come to think of it, that's exactly what terrorists do, too! :roll:

pawelk1986 wrote:
Do not get me wrong, I believe in freedom of speech but I also think that we should not laugh at other people's religion, ethics or worldview.
Why? Because you think it isn't "nice"? After all of the atrocities that religious people have inflicted on others?

Don't make me laugh!

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 May 2015, 2:42 pm

This is complete balderdash. People say mean things about Muslims all the time - not so much jokes as throwing ignorance. People don't really know enough about Islam to make jokes about it.

As for Jews, they're only around one in 200 people in the UK, so they're pretty irrelevant and thus not on the minds of comedians.

In Poland, both groups are essentially irrelevancies - there are only about a thousand of each, in a country of 38.5 million.

An issue you probably haven't considered is that Jews and Muslims are oppressed minorities who are targeted by hate groups. In the West, Christians are not oppressed. When jokes are made specifically about Catholics or Jehovah's Witnesses or other Christian groups with a history of oppression, people are uneasy.

iBlockhead
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2015, 3:29 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:

I noticed that the mainstream media in Poland where I live and everything in the world, do not respond when someone slanders Christians, and often do it themselves, but when someone does something similar in relation to Muslims or Jews it is just great indignation and bring condemnation on them-self of whole "progressive" world :-)

Poland has blasphemy laws. Maybe you should lodge a complaint instead of whining on a forum and hoping no one calls you out on the disingenuous threads you start.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 3:30 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:

OIC, we 'must' respect their faith. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Schizophrenic living under the bridge doesn't get any respect for his/her DELUSIONS....they are offered anti-psychotics. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor Xtians....what did they ever do to deserve having their delusions challenged by the rational amongst us??? :cry: :cry: :cry:

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 3:50 pm

I believe that many people who aren't religious ridicule others who are religious. It is part of some kind of superiority ritual to help them feel less aimless and groundless. Of course, they claim it is simply pointing out the truth, but they sure don't seem to like their own truths being pointed out, do they? With the Democratic Party of the United States supporting Muslims a titch more than Jews lately, and the Republican Party of the United States supporting Jews considerably more than Muslims, the clever journalist is left wanting, or can take aim at Christians. If the teasing was truly funny and less insulting, I might enjoy it, too. After all, Jesus, Himself, told jokes. Unfortunately, it seldom is more than petty attacks.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 4:28 pm

Journalist in Christian countries attack Christianity because in Christian countries Christianity is strong.
Journalists in Christian countries do not attack Judaism and Islam because in Christian countries those two creeds are week and are themselves discriminated against by society. Why pick on the already weak?

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 4:44 pm

Posting anything negative or funny about Judaism, in most countries is a violation of the hate speech laws.
Even in the U.S. it can be labeled as hate crime.

It the end it make you anti-semtic and puts you in the same vein as Nazis and enemies of Jews.

Also you can be jailed on top of being fined in most countries under these laws.

---

As for Muslims, they are constantly be reported in negative light and out right discriminated in public and in the press.
They are also on the receiving end of government security programs, though whether or not they deserve it is still up for debate.

Christians are negatively reported on for trying to impose their religion on the public by passing religious laws and hating on anyone who doesn't agree with them.

Christians actively discriminate against minorities (including those who are Christians), gays, non christians.
Christians also regularly filing suits in court and physically going after those they discriminate against.
Though nearly all of this is Protestants and Orthodox followers.

Though I don't think we should be labeling Protestants as Christians since they refuse to follow Apostolic tradition and reject quite a few books of the Christian bible

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 5:44 pm

I think it's because Christianity is the predominant religion in certain parts of the world and some people don't like it's oppressive morality so they try to erode it. They figure if they bash it, people will not want to go to church and they won't judge sexual morality as harshly.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 6:04 pm

Probably because the majority of U.S. politicians are Christian (or claim to be). Especially in the Republican party. Out of all the religious groups in the U.S. (and there are a lot of them), Christians are the ones who have the most trouble keeping their religion and their politics separate.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 6:10 pm

Religion is a scourge of all of society that has already made the entire human-population follow an extortionist cult-system (Corporate-Government HAL 9000 from where all of the "World-Leaders" apparently take their "orders" from some kind of malevolent Super-Computer A.I.) and ALL religions deserve to be abandoned completely.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 6:26 pm

Barchan wrote:
Probably because the majority of U.S. politicians are Christian (or claim to be). Especially in the Republican party. Out of all the religious groups in the U.S. (and there are a lot of them), Christians are the ones who have the most trouble keeping their religion and their politics separate.

And, Jews and Muslims don't? Hehe.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 6:52 pm

Well, at least they can take a joke.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 5:51 am

Probably they have nothing better to do