Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Jdibbs25
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Jun 2015, 6:03 pm

Didn't know if it was anxiety related or if more common in aspies but I twitch almost throughout the entire day. My legs muscles, forearms, calves etc. they are both rythmic and spastic.

Anyone else experience similar issues?

eleventhirtytwo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jun 2015, 6:57 pm

I have a head twitch, although I also have a diagnoses of mild tourettes so it might not be autism related.

22, entrepreneurial and diagnosed with High Functioning Autism, ADHD, OCD and Tourettes. Also have problems with Anxiety, and more recently depression, although I seem to returning to my optimistic self =)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Jun 2015, 2:10 am

I did when I was on antipsychotics.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Laurelynn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jun 2015, 9:06 am

Yeah my head twitches a bit. Not very noticeably, but I can feel it. It's very annoying sometimes. My arm sometimes twitches as well.

Rossor
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Jun 2015, 9:16 am

My face twitches sometimes. I dont know if it is Autism related though. It is very annoying also I make hand gestures all the time like a thumbs up or a peace sign. I read once somewhere that this a symptom of Aspergers I am not sure how common this is.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 10:26 am

I do but they're not very noticeable or anything.

The finger next to my thumb on my left hand used to twitch quite a lot but it's stopped now. :scratch:

My left eye twitches a little occasionally. Dunno if it's a twitch but somehow I make a weird squeak noise without meaning to and I can feel that one coming and I don't like it.

Why they're there I have no idea. Never thought much of them because they're so tiny and insignificant. Does everyone have them?

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 10:29 am

Jdibbs25 wrote:
Didn't know if it was anxiety related or if more common in aspies but I twitch almost throughout the entire day. My legs muscles, forearms, calves etc. they are both rythmic and spastic.

Sometimes when I'm nervous, bored or excited I'll move my leg up and down but it is controllable, I can stop if I want to.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

Adamantus
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2015, 5:26 pm

Jdibbs25 wrote:

It's very likely to be dyspraxia, it could be mild or more severe. Do you do some or all of the following?

- Bump into objects and walls
- Have trouble getting in and out of the car
- Walk funny or differently (other people would tell you)
- Walk flat footed or duck footed
- Have shaky hands
- Have problems doing exercise

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 8:35 pm

I theorize that autism and tics are closely related. I have been diagnosed mild Tourettes (comorbidity) and have autistic friends who tick under stress or for obscure reasons.

My siblings seem to have an immunity for it despite statistics.

avsahaki
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jun 2015, 9:20 pm

I do experience twitching in my arms and legs once in a while.