Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Xenization
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2015, 6:59 pm

Hello. I'm Xen.

For the past year or so, I've been doing lots of research into AS, and I really identify with a lot of the traits, so I'm currently pursuing a professional diagnosis.

The reason that this post is titled "tentative greetings" is because one of the most difficult social interactions, for me, is introducing myself. I've actually written this over 10 to 15 times. (Does it show? Nah. 8))

So if I come off as a bit weird and anxious... that's because I'm weird and anxious. Sorry.

Anyway, I suppose I'll see you around? 8O

Xen

P.S. If you're interested (I definitely would be!), I will be including a list of my "aspie traits" in another post. It'd be interesting to get your opinions, I think.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2015, 8:54 pm

Hey Xen,

Welcome to the Forum.

I bet you are really intelligent. What are your primary interests?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2015, 9:20 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2015, 10:53 pm

Hey Xen welcome. :sunny:

Myriad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jun 2015, 10:31 am

Hi Xen!

I'm pretty new as well and was tentative like you (I even posted my introduction in the Members Only section because I felt so awkward!). I definitely think listing some of your traits would be a good idea; I've just done the same thing and found it quite relieving to hear some opinions from others. There's plenty of people who can give you some perspective here, so don't be afraid to ask questions.

Good on you for joining us and I wish you all the best on your journey to discovery. :)

Myriad

AQ: 39 / 50

EugeniaSweetpea
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jun 2015, 11:38 am

Hi Xen,

I can relate so much to all you said!

It took me ages to work up the courage to introduce myself. And it took me forever to write as I was deleting stuff all the time.

I, too identify with a lot of traits, but have not been brave enough to go down the diagnosis route.

Yes, please, do post some of your traits.

:)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 7:04 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Sino
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Jun 2015, 10:01 am

Xenization wrote:
The reason that this post is titled "tentative greetings" is because one of the most difficult social interactions, for me, is introducing myself. I've actually written this over 10 to 15 times. (Does it show? Nah. 8))

Finally threw up your hands and said "Screw it" after the fifteenth try? :wink:

Welcome. Please, do drop a list of your traits - certainly enough people have been clamoring for it!