Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

tinyteddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jul 2015, 8:37 pm

HI i have never really been a forum member before but i am a 30 year old female who was diagnosed with aspergers at age 24, i just thought maybe i should register here because i read a lot of the forums sometimes. i am in a new town. well not really but i have been here for 5 years and i do not have any friends and not really sure how to make them. i had friends in my old town. i am relatively sociable, i like to make people laugh and i do like people. i dont like telling people i have aspergers because i hate hearing "oh well you seem normal to me" and then have to go on about why i got a diagnosis etc. anyways i just want to live life and enjoy myself and be productive. so here i am lol. you can just call me by my username tinyteddy.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2015, 8:40 pm

Hey tinyteddy welcome. :sunny:

tinyteddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jul 2015, 8:56 pm

so now what

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2015, 9:04 pm

tinyteddy wrote:
so now what

Some members just dive right in and start writing comments. Others (like me) watched other topics and posts for a few days before writing anything. It is up to you, of course. You can call yourself whatever you wish here at Wrong Planet. One of our most varied topics is how each of us like to describe ourselves (and various diagnoses) to others. Some descriptions are kinda creative.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Sequoia
Raven
Raven

03 Jul 2015, 9:58 pm

Hi and welcome. I hope it's not weird that I'm asking you this, but does your username have anything to do with teddy bears? Teddies are my special interest, or one of them anyway, so I was just curious.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2015, 10:15 pm

hi, tiny teddy. welcome. you might share what sorts of things you enjoy doing.

tinyteddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jul 2015, 10:49 pm

i also love teddy bears, i mean not overly but they are cute. no, teddy is the name of one of my cats :D
things i enjoy doing: playing online games, being outside, watching movies especially pixar. i love to collect littlest pet shops and i love to watch the old thomas and friends with the little models, i just think they are so cute. i am obsessed with miniatures. lately i have been depressed and haven't been interestsed in much of anything. i want to get out and enjoy life, but it's like i don't know where to start. i do not have my driver's license. i never have. i do not live away from home and financial reasons prevent me from living away from home. i believe in my ability to be independent, but i want to be able to show that. i want to get my driver's license. i have a hard time making a first step...in ANYTHING. so a lot of times i just do nothing. i don't want to be like that!
anyways enough rambling. feel free to PM me if you would like, whoever reads this. i am open to talking, open to ideas and suggestions.

cinnabot
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jul 2015, 11:56 pm

I like really cute shows too, that are big on heart, and aren't cynical or sarcastic. Early My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic was perfect. Lately I've been watching Digimon Adventures from 1999.

I can also relate to having things I like to do, but not being able to stay focused on them due to depression.

I think when you do something to take your mind off of loneliness, the lonely still taints your experience with your hobbies, and makes you not want to do them. Or maybe just being depressed at the same time as trying to do something in general has that effect.

And the "you seem normal" thing is very frustrating to me. They simply can't process the notion of not communicating in their manner, and I think it's because their communication is hard-wired. They literally can't think about it. Whereas, we tend to have to think about how we communicate, and thus, the notion that different people have different capacities and methods for communication is perfectly understandable.

Your neurotypical score: 50 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse

tinyteddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jul 2015, 12:16 am

cinnabot wrote:
I like really cute shows too, that are big on heart, and aren't cynical or sarcastic. Early My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic was perfect. Lately I've been watching Digimon Adventures from 1999.

I can also relate to having things I like to do, but not being able to stay focused on them due to depression.

I think when you do something to take your mind off of loneliness, the lonely still taints your experience with your hobbies, and makes you not want to do them. Or maybe just being depressed at the same time as trying to do something in general has that effect.

And the "you seem normal" thing is very frustrating to me. They simply can't process the notion of not communicating in their manner, and I think it's because their communication is hard-wired. They literally can't think about it. Whereas, we tend to have to think about how we communicate, and thus, the notion that different people have different capacities and methods for communication is perfectly understandable.

yes definitely. although most of the time i throw the nicities out the window and just try to be myself. i guess they would call this "active but odd" i suppose i could be a little more tactful and less weird. but i like to think it adds to my charm. this is how i get after i get to know someone. before i really know them i am just really shy :|
i know what you mean about cute shows. i can't stand to watch movies that adults think are funny. i just can't relate to them at all (usually), some are very funny like anchorman and anything silly like that. anyways, you seem cool

cinnabot
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jul 2015, 1:23 am

tinyteddy wrote:
cinnabot wrote:

yes definitely. although most of the time i throw the nicities out the window and just try to be myself. i guess they would call this "active but odd" i suppose i could be a little more tactful and less weird. but i like to think it adds to my charm. this is how i get after i get to know someone. before i really know them i am just really shy :|
i know what you mean about cute shows. i can't stand to watch movies that adults think are funny. i just can't relate to them at all (usually), some are very funny like anchorman and anything silly like that. anyways, you seem cool

Adulthood is apparently mostly about posturing and affectations. I really don't get why anyone would voluntarily subject themselves to such a lifestyle. They seem to spend most of their time casually insulting each other, pretending to like various things, and buying things that are no fun, in order to impress each other.

I like really silly stuff too, like "Airplane!" and "Police Squad". Hudson Hawk is also one of my silly favorites.

And you seem pretty awesome, yourself :)

Sequoia
Raven
Raven

04 Jul 2015, 9:34 am

Cool, i'm glad there are some other kids at heart here. I love Disney movies myself, particularly the ones with cool music.

tinyteddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jul 2015, 11:45 am

Sequoia wrote:
Cool, i'm glad there are some other kids at heart here. I love Disney movies myself, particularly the ones with cool music.

The older Disney movies have great music in my opinion. I love the music from 101 Dalmatians and the aristocats

Sequoia
Raven
Raven

06 Jul 2015, 2:10 pm

I absolutely love 101 Dalmatians. I also really like the ones that came out in the 90s where Alan Menkin (I'm pretty sure I balled up that spelling) did the music.